Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
u ran away from my baby skald and friend valk duo :( u tried to pa him (kiraus and veldina :p)

aye lag and totally fail perf, and with zergysh mauvefiltrator hitting me aswell dont have a big of a choice ;) but if i find u 2 alone or if u agree to meet me somewhere ill take u both on ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aye lag and totally fail perf, and with zergysh mauvefiltrator hitting me aswell dont have a big of a choice ;) but if i find u 2 alone or if u agree to meet me somewhere ill take u both on ;)

rr9 celt ns 2 shot the valk unstealthed shortly after, viva la dd poison opness.

Everz

FH is my second home
If they make something op'd it keeps the kids in game, this you must remember.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
If you hate it this much why you keep playing? Kinda sending wrong messages there :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think that's the point. Its broken and people aren't playing. I feel like coming back but if its still as broken as it was I don't really see the point. I am not going to spend £20 a month when its unplayable for all but assassins. I have a NS and an SB but again, what's the point, where is the challenge?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
more underpowered hib damage.. after debuff but still those bombers are unhealable.

I know, lets nerf every class in the game but leave the realm alone that really needs the staff of tabfren.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
If you hate it this much why you keep playing? Kinda sending wrong messages there :p

Because instead of quitting, why not try to change it to a way that will make it good again?

If everyone quitted this game because they hated something about it(Yes, I do aswell). The population would be drastic low already.. Instead, people still got hopes up for Mythic to fix some of the big issues in the game that some have played for almost 10 years(!)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What's the point though? Mythic have shown time and time again that they have absolutely no idea when it comes to class balance, I don't even think they play DAOC any more.

Let them rot. Cancel your subs until they fix it. Nothing fixes a game better than the threat of redundancy.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Best thing is reading that fucking retarded VN mentor Tarel.

His latest suggestion is to remove the in-combat weapon posioning code, so we can all spam DD's without having to swap weapons, and just pew pew with nothing more than two astral katana's equipped.

Then again, his last mentor report to mythic asked for IP for assassins, at least I think that's what he said, his written english is a cross between a pretentious goth trying to sound intelligent and a the output of a decomposing babel fish trying to translate from Sloth (from the Goonies) to Esperanto.

The biggest problem with the shade magic is that it's fotm to boost spell pierce/damage thanks to the benefit of viper 3 DD procs, which can double fire everytime you swap a weapon in.
Fix the DD procs, ensure viper and spell/pierce/damage doesn't effect them and voila, the only shades running about nuking with spell pierce templates are fucked once in combat without the DD procs.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I said it before, despite I do play an assassin I think they are currently way too overpowered. Not only NS, but all of them.

The DD-poison which fires on every swap, the lifebane ticks (Fire and Forget DoT's which do quite insane damage when you have Viper3), the enervating poison which removes quite more then 19% WS (most likely they get 125% delve as all spells in spec-lines but envenom should be excluded because they get access to those poisons with +envenom).

However Mythic has a bad record of actually listening to mentors/TL's so hopefully this suggestion blows over.

I can see it coming, macro'ing the application of either lifebane or the DD-proc while having 2 ML10 pet-proc weapons equipped, getting a 200+ dmg-add on every swing. What would be the point in playing anything else, as the damage would greatly surpass all other melee-classes.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
more underpowered hib damage.. after debuff but still those bombers are unhealable.

hehe, letsnerfwarlockmates.

Animist bombers have one of highest delves on DD's in game and are pretty insane with debuffs, however it's not out of line with anything any other realm casters with 200+ delve DDs can put out.

Also, with very bad defense, they are pretty much paper cannons and need some time to get setup and fragging stuff - if an animist is, he's prolly been stood around for 6-7secs (or whatever) with no one botherering him. Animist is a warlock on horse tranks.

aika

Part of the furniture
not to mention that mythic still hasnt fixed bombers pathing, so gl nuking someone from top of the tower or when you're at the bottom trying to hit someone at walls.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Also you can have unlimited spell pierce on the bombs since it's not a DD.. Sorta like necros

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Not for necro's tho

Indeed necros are still very silly... they already get 90% melee immunity or so theres no valid reason they should still have unlimited pierce on top of that.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Indeed necros are still very silly... they already get 90% melee immunity or so theres no valid reason they should still have unlimited pierce on top of that.

The VN mentor was trying to get the necro pets perma-interupt DoT reinstated recently.
What is it with VN mentors?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The VN mentor was trying to get the necro pets perma-interupt DoT reinstated recently.
What is it with VN mentors?

A list of things i'd change in daoc.

1. cap necro spell pierce at 10%.

2. stop spell pierce working on nightshades and reduce how much their dd scales and find some other way to bring ns's upto par with infs and sbs without making them stupidly op'd.

3. put a cooldown on the DD poisons to stop people perma swapping weapons for max procs prob 5-10 seconds before swap over DD would actually work reducing the perma procs.

4. remove remedy from all stealthers and replace it with different/balanced rr5's to give new stealthers a chance vs higher rr stealthers.

5. reduce ALL cc in the game to a max of 20-30 seconds regardless of + duration.

6. nerf warlocks or atleast try and put them in a position where they can't instantly kill people but can still dish out an acceptable amount of damage.

7. reduce sorc mezz range slightly but keep it above healers and bards due to them having insta mezz.

8. reduce fire wizzie spec nuke resist debuff from 15% to 10% and cold from 20% to 10%.

9. change animist bombers into pure DD so no more flying/bugged pet pathing.

I could go on all night :(

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
1) Cool
2) Sure
3) Yep
4) Good idea
5) lol no, get some resists or have purge
6) Yeah, should be able to get them down to a reasonable level so they are on par with other casters
7) Sorcs have range, healers and bards have insta. Been that since forever, no need to change it
8) Reducing a fire wizard's damage would mean that albs would never group them. They do a lot of damage and that is it.
9) Yes, please!

Genedril

Part of the furniture
A list of things i'd change in daoc.
Ideas..

Cool, I'll play.

1. cap necro spell pierce at 10% (agree).

2. Stop spell pierce working on assassins (agree ish).

3. Make the Dmg+ work for assassins as intended or remove it from the game and stop Viper3 from affecting it (think that's an agree).

4. Make archers and assassins that damage any target that is already engaged in a fight insta die if they start from stealth (something different as I didn't agree).

5. Make the CC more effective in the game so that groups could have a chance against the rr8+ purge 3 zerg (Couldn't agree less tbh).

6. nerf warlocks or atleast try and put them in a position where they can't instantly kill people but can still dish out an acceptable amount of damage (Agree - make them either have reasonable front loaded dmg and then they're fubar or make them have some front loaded dmg - no more that a single wizzie bolt - and then normal).

7. Allow archers to actually be able to kill solo classes just like assassins could before their current bout of fotm (Definitely don't agree so something completely different but has to be linked to 4).

8. reduce fire wizzie spec nuke resist debuff from 15% to 10% and cold from 20% to 10% (Couldn't care less really but probably fair - still would rather group anything over a wiz in a fg on Alb).

9. Change animist bombers into pure DD so no more flying/bugged pet pathing (please yes - and the other pet pathing while you're at it. No more pets through doors etc).

10. Give Hibs something (anything - please??) to counter then pets and instas of Alb and Mid. Spamable amnesia might be a start but I'll tell you that root on a bard wasn't it (As you can't count to 10).

Everz

FH is my second home
1) Control Panel
2) Add/Remove Programs
3) Choose DAoC
4) Choose Uninstall
5) Watch progress bar
6) Celebrate.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
1) Cool
2) Sure
3) Yep
4) Good idea
5) lol no, get some resists or have purge
6) Yeah, should be able to get them down to a reasonable level so they are on par with other casters
7) Sorcs have range, healers and bards have insta. Been that since forever, no need to change it
8) Reducing a fire wizard's damage would mean that albs would never group them. They do a lot of damage and that is it.
9) Yes, please!

The crowd control changes is for lower RR people to compete with higher RR people.

Wizards would still nuke for more than 95% of other classes with a -10% debuff on both nukes so I see no reason for them to have higher resist debuffs, bare in mind their nukes are 219 (fire) and 199 (cold) delve nukes which is still a substantial amount when taking into account they'd have a perma 20% pierce as apose to perma 25% (fire) and 30% (cold) pierce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom