POLL: Would you keep your bb if it was useless in RvR?

Would you keep your bb if it was useless in RvR?

• Yes, I use it primarily in PvE and dont care if i cant use it in RvR

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Yes, I use it primarily in RvR but would still keep it for PvE

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • No, I use it primarily in PvE but would still not keep it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I use it primarily in RvR and would not keep it if it was useless there

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
A. Yes, I use it primarily in PvE and dont care if i cant use it in RvR
B. Yes, I use it primarily in RvR but would still keep it for PvE.
C. No, I use it primarily in PvE but would still not keep it.
D. No, I use it primarily in RvR and would not keep it if it was useless there.

Im curious - is has always been a standing argument that Mytich would never try and limit/nerf the use of buffbots, because they would lose too much money on it. But what if bb's were only nerfed in RvR and not in PvE, in such a way that all buffs were made ranged, say 2000 units (heal range)? Would you keep your bb anyway?

I would choose A.
Having a bb just makes so many things so much easier - transfers, crafting, exping, questing etc - that i could not see myself cancel it even if i didnt have any use of it in rvr .Besides, i dont play a solo class in rvr anyway, so its not even that usefull to me as it is in rvr. And i run it on same comp as my main account, so i cant use it when its zergy anyway unless i want to crash one or both clients.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Normally I would respec or unsubscribe, but now that ToA is here I'd prolly keep it. Atleast for a while.
so B for me I guess.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It would make RvR an even playing field for everyone, I would happily keep mine just for PvE.

Eroa

Banned
cHodAX said:
It would make RvR an even playing field for everyone, I would happily keep mine just for PvE.

Why would that make rvr a even playfield? A mid group would be lacking so much in buffs from endregen beeing on cons. Before they put it on cons for a shaman, sure. After, noway.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
my buffbot has made exping about 3 times faster while i played daoc, even if they would nerf it rvr i would keep it, its invaluable...

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
Why would that make rvr a even playfield? A mid group would be lacking so much in buffs from endregen beeing on cons. Before they put it on cons for a shaman, sure. After, noway.

You could always try running with two Shamans? ;)

I just got my Buffbot so i'm still leveling her - but i'd have to say I don't really have any intention of taking her to ArrVeeArr! (with the exception of getting a handful of RA's) - so i'll vote 'A: Yes, I use it primarily in PvE and dont care if i cant use it in RvR'

Eroa

Banned
Archeon said:
You could always try running with two Shamans? ;)

2 Shamans aint viable in a group since there healing simply just suck and everything else they cast is nonstackable spells except the dd and the bolt. And even with 2 shamans a mid group would be able to give out less spec buffs then a hib/alb group with 2 druids/clerics becourse of the bloody end on cons.

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
I would have to say A, I only use my bb for pve and even then rarely, just made it because I have my crafters on that other account.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
2 Shamans aint viable in a group since there healing simply just suck and everything else they cast is nonstackable spells except the dd and the bolt. And even with 2 shamans a mid group would be able to give out less spec buffs then a hib/alb group with 2 druids/clerics becourse of the bloody end on cons.

I totally agree

remove end from shammys and give it as chant to thanes like paladins has it!

eh voilá... 1 viable class becomes 2 viable class´

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Just out of curiousity, how many people have a buffbot of the opposite gender to themselves? :)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I only seem to enjoy playing non viable RvR chars so my buffbot would stay :D

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Addlcove said:
I totally agree

Nice to see like minded people, been thinking that for ages. Make Thanes group freindly!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Eroa said:

I wouldn't have a problem with them reworking end regen, conc based end regen is a blessing in PvE and a hinderance in RvR. Make it a chant for all realms and give it to one of the defensive tanks.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
A.

but adding a range wouuldn't really work for PvE raids etc, some need people to go head of a group etc, those mobs where you need tactics to defeat etc, also if you buff some people around you, being nice like, and they go out of range to another camp, kinda defeits of object of helping them with the buffs. I guess it would work as long as the range was longer like 3-4k units, and the buffs stayed, but went inactive until within range again, I mean didn't drop.

Ziva

Fluffy
A. Yes, I use it primarily in PvE and dont care if i cant use it in RvR

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
B. Yes, I use it primarily in RvR but would still keep it for PvE.

Plus, I got my Theurgist and my Necromancer on that account. Also, having a bb just for the resist buffs aint bad either ;p

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
B for me, but I think I would unsubscribe it in the near future. Can't really do anything as a stealther class w/o a BB :(

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Greenfingers said:
B for me, but I think I would unsubscribe it in the near future. Can't really do anything as a stealther class w/o a BB :(
Well it wouldnt make a real diferance, because your enemy's wouldnt be buffed either

I'dd say A
A fully buffed Pally is near indestructable in PVE.
:D

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Use it 30/70 for RvR and PvE , and it would all depend on how they did it , its not like I have multible accounts just because I think GOA need's the xtra income , if it dont give's me an edge I might just cancel all of em , to many questions to early in the day for me.....

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I would respecc for RVR with my moa5bot tbh :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
well i agree with addlecove, the end regen would have to be moved away from shamans if they made buffs ranged (and im suprised they havent really thought about moving it to thanes already), no matter how useful the end regen is for pve/making bg alts i would love to get groups when playing thane :p

oh and i choose A :p

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Mine is primarily used for PvE anyway as I like doing my own thing and playing a lone tank with no end sucks mightily (and the dots help too...) Even though she is only lvl 35, the end regen makes things so much quicker and the little heals mean even less downtime. Being able to chain reds and oranges is so much nicer than having to pull yellows and sit for 30 seconds in between.

It's been interesting to see with TOA just how few played shamen there are out there, they are so difficult to find when putting together ML groups especially with a lot of people not got accounts for their bots yet. I do want to play my shamen in RvR, i know high cave shamens aren't needed in gank group set ups, but it strikes me as a fun class to play and after all this game is all about fun!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
well i played my bot as cave before i respecced and its damn good fun, people dont think much of end3 buts its better than nothing and after all.... theyre the ones leeching of your dot! (or so i kept telling myself :p )

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Addlcove said:
I totally agree

I like that :)

Eroa

Banned
Addlcove said:
I totally agree

Your wrong here tho. Its more. Another class becomes viable and another class becomes a pure buffbot. Dont think many would run with a shaman in the group if it wasnt for the end now.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Eroa said:
Your wrong here tho. Its more. Another class becomes viable and another class becomes a pure buffbot. Dont think many would run with a shaman in the group if it wasnt for the end now.

but buffs would be on range so they would have to take shaman with them anyway, and actively played shammy > afk bot :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Eroa said:

barring bodyguard, end regen/permasprint + disease is the only effective way of escaping the assist train ;)

Eroa

Banned
Ormorof said:
but buffs would be on range so they would have to take shaman with them anyway, and actively played shammy > afk bot :p

well.. IF the buffs were on range and end was given to a thane, mids would have to have a shaman in the group. But IF the buffs werent on range, and end was given to a thane a shaman would be put aside only as a bot.

This thread is about IF's aint it ^^

And i do know a little about shamans aswell, got a rr7 one.

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Jeeeez, I gave up daoc like, a year ago, had a browse through here cos I was bored at work and you're STILL going on about buffbots!

Accept it, they're here. They exist in most MMO's now and always will. I've been playing SWG for 6 months or so and huge numbers of people have a 2nd account there for various reasons, if you wanna play any kind of MMO now you're going to meet buffbots or their equivalent. If you can't accept that then I suggest it's time to get UT2004 instead tbh.

Cya'll :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom