Gamblor- James Duffy a beloved brother :(

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi all,

Listen this is really hard for me. James or Gamblor as alot of you knew him has died yesterday Sad. He was in hopstial for tests during all this week over a heavy chest infection or < pnemonia SP?> but after an x-ray it turned out to be cancer Sad. He was due for an operation on friday but before he went into it he fell showering for the operation Sad. While they used a different type of x-ray to see why his heart stopped Sad. Me and sirex are so upset, im crying writing this Sad.

I just know he loved this forum and the people in it so much that he would want me to let you all know about him, as he was such a nice guy Sad. We all dont know what to do so dont worry about not knowing what to say, its a sad sad time for our family Sad.

As my lovely brother would say, smell you later skater Sad

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
I already said this on the guild forum :( but Gamb deserves all the respect i can give him.

RIP Gamby, You will be missed.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Gamb :(

Absoluotely shocked when I read this. You were such a very good bloke Gamb and you didn't deserve this in any way. I had so much respect for you and I cannot believe that the guy i've played in groups with and chatted with so many times is no longer here :(

Take care Gamb, may heaven be a very wonderful place - its the least you deserve.

/Nickk :(

Marc

FH is my second home
I am lost for words. I have known gamblor for nearly 4 years and he was one of my closest ingame friends. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years ago when he flew over to blackpool to meet me and Mall (anoverdose) for a day on the lash. I cant believe it. Vindi/sirex, my heart goes out to you and your family

RIP James

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
rip gamblor.
my thoughts are with your family and friends.

E_E

Loyal Freddie
Feel bery sry for him, he was such a nice person...
R.I.P

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
I have known Gamblor (James) for many years now and had always got on wel lwith him and had good laughs in game, he was a great guy and will truly will be missed. I feel awful :(. My thoughts are with all the family and friends.

RIP James.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Vindi & sirex

Im so sorry i cant imagine how you feel atm , all i can say im gutted all 3 of you are very good friends. so what hurts you hurts me aswell.
Gamb was always full of joy and was always fun to be around, I was just speaking about him yesterday wondering why he hasnt been in vent for a chat.
Words fail me i really dont know what to say . but my thoughts are with you and your family. If you need anyone to talk to you know ill always be here.

Im sure no matter where gamb is he will be holding his glowey staff looking down on us waiting for our time to come and pwn us all again..

All my best wishes

Ninja

/cry

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
R.I.P Gamblor, I hope you enjoyed life.

My Thoughts to Vindi/Sirex and all who knew him irl.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
My thoughts are with his friends and family

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
sad to see such a good guy go :(

rip and my thoughts are whit his family

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Didn't knew him personally but he always sounded nice etc...

My sympathies to those that are close to him :(

-Ingafgrinn-

Adrianicus

Loyal Freddie
Omg, I'm so sorry to hear youve moved on Gamb :(

RIP Gamb.

My thoughts are with the family and friends.

Adrian

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I still remember meeting Gamblor in-game the first time. He was a somewhat crazy but utterly lovable chap, and when he joined Shadowlords Society with his Friar in the early stages of the game, he half scared our resident Friar (Orinoco) to death by threatening his position as the highest-level staff swinger in the guild. Orinoco consequently had to do a mad levelling spree in order to finish the race to 50 before Gamblor, which he managed to do only narrowly. The race for realm ranks Gamblor won, by repeatedly proving his mettle against enemy stealthers in Odin's Gate of the Old Frontiers, his favorite hunting grounds, and achieving RR6 at a time when even the most dedicated of players were low-RR.

Gamblor's real name was James Duffy. James is now dead, and so is his character, the real persona he took on while briefly visiting this most ethereal of worlds. Alas, James' visit to the real world proved far too brief as well.

We, his friends, will remember him the most for his unwavering good cheer (even in the face of the most dire circumstances), his endearing enthusiasm for the game, his dedication to his guildies and friends. We will remember his glowing neon staff, his most prized possesion, we will remember him by his Scout Gambet, who never seemed to reach 50, and we will remember his good jokes and his bad jokes. Especially his bad jokes. We will remember him by his postings on our guild forum and on FreddysHouse, we will remember him by his ownage of enemy stealthers in OF Odin's Gate, and we will remember the way he said "b00n" in reference to the 29 Staff style, "Friar's Boon". We will remember, and we will never forget.

Most of all, we will remember him by his friendship, and we will never forget.

Gamblor once said I looked like an Olaf when he saw my RL picture. Even though my name is not Olaf, today I will go by that name in honor of my lost friend.

Tilda

I didnt know Gamblor as well as I would have liked too, but every time I met or spoke to him, he was a friendly, generous and kind person. I'm so sorry to see him go like this.Vindicator, my thoughts are with you and your family.

:(

occy

Loyal Freddie
U will be missed James, awesome guy with a great attitude in and off game.
Had many late night chats on voice and on mobile ,and with a tear in my eye ill say goodbye.

My condolences goes to vindi/sirex and the rest of the family.

Sitting in the morning sun
I'll sitting till the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
Then I watch them roll away again.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Like tilda said, I didnt know gamblor well, I remember seeing his thread about chest pains a while ago, seeing this thread now makes me feel like I've been punched in the face.

So sorry to hear about this, Deepest condolences to you and your family Vindi :(

He'll be missed, gone but never forgotten. :(

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
as said before, didnt knew Gamblor but he seems like a awsome guy.
RIP mate. you might be gone, but not forgotten. :(

Everz

FH is my second home
Will be missed m8, the times i talked to you on forum and in-game, were always a good laugh.

R.I.P

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
My deepest condolences to his friends and family.

R.I.P

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Didn't know him well, but remember his posts on alb exc part of the forums for a looooong time, always seemed cheerfull and a nice guy, liked by all i'd say.... and after reading his thread, it makes me feel really bad and it is like a punch in the face but I hope his family and everyone can cope ok : [

R.I.P Gamblor, you will be missed

xxx

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
didnt know him from other stuff than fh, didnt really like him but i do feel for his family and his friends. R.I.P Duffy

this is also an eyeopener because i got some strange pain in my chest as well.

Nullifidian

Fledgling Freddie
Fairwell mate. You were one of the nicest people ive met. DAoC wont be the same without you.

Nul :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
For those who didnt know him too well, here are a few classic Gamblorism's and the reason he will be missed so damn much.

Him ~: what we need here is a Tactical Nuke
Me :wtf .. that's like going , Can i have my Tactical Hammer to open this egg please

First person to say it's old will win a free fisting

now excuse me while i go and bath myself in naked women ..

Who stole my booze ..... *hic**

All my friends keep telling me my jokes are the worst they have ever heard

and proof of this followed shortly after....

Dave goes to his local on a monday for a nice relaxing pint after work and he see's his mate Pete sitting at the bar with a beer infront of him but looking very very sad.

Dave : What's up dude ?
Pete : You remember that girl i work with i really fancy ?
Dave : Yeah
Pete : And remeber that i always get a hard on every time i see her
Dave : Yeah
Pete : well i asked her out last week and we went out on friday
Dave: so then , why are you looking so down , did she stand you up ?
Pete : no , she showed up alright , I knew i had to do something about my hard on .. so i cellotaped it to my leg . The date was fantastic , we went and got some dinner , then a few drinks after and then to the nightclub
Dave: Yeah and ?
Pete : well as the night night went on we go into some close dancing .. i could feel my hard on trying to escape from it's confinment .. so i popped into the toliet and strapped up it up so tight that there wasn't a chance that it would move anywhere. so towards the end of the night she invited me back to her place for Coffee
Dave: and ?
Pete : well , i got excited at the thought of shagging ehre and .. and ...
pete drinks the rest of his pint and asks for another from the barman
Dave: and what ... what happened ?
Pete : i kicked her in the face

/bow

and one i shall always remember:

poor Ez ... showing us your b00bies will make you feel better imo

Wherever you are may the b00bies be bouncy and plentifull.

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Lost for words.. Marc just Pm'd me on msn and i have no words to cover for a loss like this.
Far to few years is what he had. Always cheerfull and friendly, he could always put a smile on your face with his blabbering and great humor.

You will be dearly missed Gamb/James :(

Marc

FH is my second home
My memories of a top friend

Punching the air behind me, in defiance on the big dipper

http://groups.msn.com/ShadowlordsSocietyPicPage/blackpoolfest2004.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=441

Roleplaying in a pub

http://groups.msn.com/ShadowlordsSocietyPicPage/blackpoolfest2004.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=448

Me and James

http://groups.msn.com/ShadowlordsSocietyPicPage/blackpoolfest2004.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=440

Still cant believe you have gone and left us James. You were always there for me when I needed a chat about any problems I had. You had an uncanny way of cheering me up and making me feel better. I will miss you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom