Arti stealers : Prometal, Dawnbringer, Elitrea, Zenruyz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
SS to the rescue

And just who the fook rattled your cage??....I take it that because SS creamed your ass in another thread about uber scouts (don't know what you were doing in there either) you have to come into this one. Shows what a clutching at straws type of person you are..doesn't it !!!.

Mirandah

Fledgling Freddie
and another whine post :puke:
why not ask for server logs before you start flame someone? :touch:

only one can come with an answer to this post and it's GOA- gamemasters, so better wait for their reply here... if they cba to make another "answer-a-whine-post" :fluffle:

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Xevius strikes again.
Shame GoA does not do anything :(
Regards, Glottis

Jugvayne

Can't get enough of FH
Heath said:
And just who the fook rattled your cage??....I take it that because SS creamed your ass in another thread about uber scouts (don't know what you were doing in there either) you have to come into this one. Shows what a clutching at straws type of person you are..doesn't it !!!.

I sincerely doubt Aussie gives a fuck if you "creamed his ass", he was making the point that it seems only, say, SS members agree with Xevius.

Chilly

Balls of steel
it may only be a game but has anyone looked at all the artifacts for sale on the UK ebay sire recently? on alb/excal and other servers.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
people imo who use the exscuse "if u were camping it but hadnt pulled the mob. so we pulled it before u" imo are wankers :)some people are insane enough to sit ata cmp spot for hours on end waiting for it to po. and when it pops they ask /gu or /as for help inc..

and then a bunch of wankers come ... dont respect the person who has spent hours upon hours camping a artifact and pull it and kill it and walk of with all the loot....

yes i know its NOT against the COC.. but imo people like that are wankers :) and obviously have more greed for themselves than respect for others.

TOA has brought out the greed in many people :( it sucks... articat stealing isnt gonna end tho so no point whiing... just remember the people who steal artis from you . and do the same to them in same circumstances when u see them camping :) basically if u cant beat the wankers... beat em at there own game

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
People get angry and wound up about this, due to the amount of time they spend "camping" an item, inparticular GoV has a very low spawn rate as you all know, often 24+ hours. I can see why those camping it would find it frustrating for people to add once the encounter has spawned.

However, I think whinging on here does your reputation no good. :(

Euphoria

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
it may only be a game but has anyone looked at all the artifacts for sale on the UK ebay sire recently? on alb/excal and other servers.

You obviously...................Again!

My artis are on my CM....allways!
Have a look and STU........please! ;)

Chilly

Balls of steel
I wasnt accusing you of anything, i have only come accross you and your mates once and i hope never to again but I was pointing out while this IS a game, there is rather a lot of RL cash to be made from intensive farming by a dedicated group of gamers, possibly enough money to live off, judging from some of the sellers i see on ebay.

Enough money also to make people greedy and care very little about their fellow realmers, because to them this game is a business and who would care about ppls feelins behind a computer miles away when you can make $150 on a GoV on ebay?

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
I think the most stupid persons would be those who buy those artifacts of ebay... :eek7:

Chilly

Balls of steel
they get bought. there is a vast volume of trading of daoc plat/items on ebay. the ppl who buy them DO exist

Slans

Fledgling Freddie
2 peneth worth.. i will no longer go green glades with this guy there.. i spent the waiting for cloudsong to pop for my nephew.. why bother.. prometial will take it anyway.. i dont care that he may not have broke the CoC.. point is it will stop people playing .. and in the long run thats wot counts.

kick this guy and all his alts..

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Here is a hint to all the whiners, don't sit at a spawn for x amount of hours, because when you do lose the mob in a fair way the majority of the time it ends up with a whine posts here about "x is an arti stealer, waaaaaaaa, was camped 96 hours, waaaaaaaaaaa, didn't wait for the 96fg i had inc waaaaaa".

Don't camp artifacts and you simply wont get as frustrated, i was on one of them danos encounters yesterday for jimmy, it was a fair pull and guess what...yup the other 2fg who were stood there started attacking the danos we pulled, breaking the coc, no whines on here from us even though we got the arti.

So many whining kids on here, i love these "prometal strikes again threads", simply cause all hes done is kill the mob yu wanted,not done anything against the coc.

vintervargen

Banned
if you gonna camp something, be sure you got enough friends camping with you so you can kill the mob as it spawns (or have alts logged there).. else its just a waste of time. especially on alb i guess, since you got more players.

Euphoria said:
Let me see, so you post a screenie, where it shows:

1. Our puller running off with the adds
2. Loyalist from our grp running to us with the pull
3. Our theurgists petspamming it....

And you posting it here and threaten to report us for...............?

And no I wont reply to your pms. I am tired of ppl like you beging me to leave every time we arrive at a camp.
There ...........is..........no...........such..........thing.........as..........."Camped"! BASTA!

Oh btw, please feel free to report yourself for attacking the mob we had engaged and nice attempt to steal the artifact that droped!

You're right in away however you really do show shit realm spirit towards other people. not flaming or anything :) just didn't like the realm spirit

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
damn, this thread hasn't got any stars yet. I think i'll have to start posting :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jpeg[LOD] said:
people imo who use the exscuse "if u were camping it but hadnt pulled the mob. so we pulled it before u" imo are wankers :)some people are insane enough to sit ata cmp spot for hours on end waiting for it to po. and when it pops they ask /gu or /as for help inc..

and then a bunch of wankers come ... dont respect the person who has spent hours upon hours camping a artifact and pull it and kill it and walk of with all the loot....

Other angle on that - why should you have to sit in one spot for 12 hours to get an item - only students and jobless lowlifes can actually do that - if you can only play between, say , 7pm and 10pm you can't get an artifact if "respecting the buffbot camping" is accepted etiquette.

All that camping an artifact should entitle you to is to know it's up first. Though, if you have the people standing there that can do the encounter (and noone else is inc from Emain or something) then people should respect that, let you buff and get on with it.

However it sounds like in this case there was some kill stealing involved - but given both sides are accusing the other side it'll have to be up to GOA.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
It's simple really.

If you got the first hit on the mob, the item is yours. Tell a GM and you'll get the item back.

He'll invite you to a cg to discuss it, and if no agreement can be made server logs will be used to discover who is the rightful owner.

Easy.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
I camped SoM bout50ish hours now. lost lotto 7 times. Often i was camping it solo for 5+ hours till spawn. I yell in /gu plz come help me. if i don't do ffa lotto no one would come. i still don't have my SoM.... Guess what? do i post a whine here? Don't think so. I just continue doing my stuff coz i know that one day i will have my SoM.

Stop all this useless QQ and do something usefull. As i seen pin say before on FH : in those 5 hours you were camping that stupid mob, you could have made 20 plat and bought the damn GoV.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Crimson LoneWolf said:
No matter what happened, you still have to wonder why it has to be like this.

Because, ultimately, Mythic messed up and made artifacts that work like items in EverQuest.

Previously, there were two types of ultra-valuable items in DoAC: high-utility items which dropped regularly from a high-speed spawn (Ancient Copper Necky, for example), and items which required wading through an entire dungeon to a boss mob (sidi items, for example).

With these two types, the first type could be camped - but you would at least spend the entire day killng the same mob repeatedly, there could be no afk camping and so no arguments about who's mob it was. The second type were impossible to camp, as you had to go through a long process before you even got to the required mob.

Instead of following one of these models for artifacts, Mythic chose to make them simply "kill the mob/get the drop" but with long respawn timers on the better artifacts. This was a big mistake, as it just encourages afk camping, kill stealing, and so on. What they should have done was make artifacts drop like Sidi items: always dropping, but hard to get to the encounter in the first place.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
Nature works this way : The strong ones survive.// daoc works just the same. you don't tell that infil next to you not to kill mid Xxxxx when you meet him in emain coz youw ere hunting for that mid. no What you see and want to kill , you kill. Same goes for pve : Kill what you want, as long as you don't brake the coc.
He's fast, if the others are slow/not enough to do the encounter that ain't his problem.

Imo all this whining on Fh is funneh. it's only a game . Next time you get the choice : take the blue pill and step out of it.

I don't know who is wrong and right here, that's for GOA to find. But, really thought we got civilization so we restrict our natural instincts and treat other people with some respect and decency. However crazy and boring I may find camping an artifact for XX hours waiting for it to spawn, I prefer to respect the person wasting their hours. Some decency and respect, even at basic levels, would help much more than the jungle rule but anyone has the right to choose what to do...

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
let the -jobless lowlifes and shoolkids- do as they wish.

Discussing topics as this one here will change nothing.... absolutely nothing.
You will always have some assholes, like this "pro"-artifact farmer trying to take away the fun for other ppl. Who puled , who didn't pull, who got it.. doesn't change shit. Nothing will and can be done about it. You will always have ppl sticking up for these type off assholes as well. A vicious (?spelled?)circle.

If those farmers can't get it in their thick skulls that they take away the fun from the Working-normal players/gamers by ruining an experience on an event for them....... why bother nagging. They will not change.. for no one. And ranting-raving in here about it won't help either...
GOA don't care for these incidents... they are to bussy doing.... well... doing something else... :)

If ppl resort to a life of crime... their choise. It will be their end too. Some ppl have nothing in RL, like this farmer boy-thief here. So they reflect their RL frustrations in the game. It is called Reflection. They get respected from the ppl they help with it... they get flamed from the victims.

Personally i love repeating an event multiple times.; just do to it faster smoother and better. For exemple Hermes, Mesudsabastet. I have done these about 15/20 times till now.. and got the helmet/cloak almost every time. What some ppl can confirm will be that if i see ppl roaming the island they get a pm,: "mate, we're going to pull him" .. if that person understands the situation, (tbf in the way he reacts to that pm), i'll tell him: "join in the group mate, you may have the artifact and experience , i'm happy with the normal drop." So i can show off a bit with knowledge :) , because i found the way to complete it without suffering ONE casualty, the way it should be. Most of the times those ppl are verry happy obtaining the artifact and experience.
If i need cash.. i do it the normal way....
i WORK FOR IT.. (see my xp thread about SI).. i don't get the cash trying to ripp off ppl by selling artifacts/scrolls at rediculous prices like this euphoria and that thief in this thread here....If i do sell an arti.. it will be at a rediculous low price.. mostly around 500 gp or so(no matter what arti). At least everybody will be able to buy it :) if they haven't got the time to do the event.
one evening of farming cash the normal way.. get's you around 400 gp.. one evenings work..xp, fun, cash, then you get what you want.. money. And i have become a casual gamer, but i still ain't to lazy to do something to obtain it. If i can't get it.. i don't bother with it... i look for an alternative..

but hey, that really does take a LOT of intelligence to understand and uphold.. doesn't it .. bunch of thieving idiots.

and to conclude, i don't do it to get respect from ppl, i do it because i can do it. Cause i'm good :) cause i know that not everybody is fortunate enough to play 12+ hours a day. cause i know how it feels to make somebody happy and to show someone how things can be done...

i think... therefore i am
je pense...donc je suis

farmerboyz... get it in ur stupid skulls, farm all you want.. but do it for fun not greed. And if you can help someone, do it for free... you will get a lot more satisfaction out of it.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
I yell in /gu plz come help me. if i don't do ffa lotto no one would come.

Why do you stay in a guild like that?

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
really thought we got civilization so we restrict our natural instincts and treat other people with some respect and decency.

Mmmmm i suggest you switch on your tele and look at the news just once. atm 350 people taken hostage in russia, many armed conflicts around the world. A guy butchered his wife,........ that's what i call civilisation.......
Daoc is played by RL people. So daoc is a reflection of RL by virtual charactars in a fantasy world. There ain't no such thing as a civilisation. We are all humans and we all come from the same ape that started walking straight up bout 5 mil years ago. Therefor we have primal instincts we can't deny. 1 of those is greed. and don't deny it, you are greedy to, some people more then others, but if you weren't greedy, can i have all your ingame plats then?

Pfffffff i rest my case.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
If ppl resort to a life of crime... their choise. It will be their end too. Some ppl have nothing in RL, like this farmer boy-thief here. So they reflect their RL frustrations in the game. It is called Reflection.

You judge Xevius without knowing him irl...
If you had achieved something irl yourself, you would have the commen sence to know you should think and base your opinion on facts instead of on rumours. Don't say other people's RL is pitty as obvious you aren't to clever yourself, judging without knowing shit about him.

To eggy : Coz most of the time, people are spread out over whole albion. i mostly am on in the mornings are late in the evenings : so there are A) not enough online B)all in rvr.
2nd time i try to rest my case now.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
You judge Xevius without knowing him irl...
If you had achieved something irl yourself, you would have the commen sence to know you should think and base your opinion on facts instead of on rumours. Don't say other people's RL is pitty as obvious you aren't to clever yourself, judging without knowing shit about him.

tbh Ironheart was being hypothetical, he didn't mention Xevius' name, his post was more a general reply.

OMG I'm standing up for Ironheart.

WHAT HAS BECOME OF ME?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom