Zonealarm

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
So...I got Zonealarm on my main computer. And I got Zonealarm on my laptop.
When I try to start DAoC on my main computer, it won´t load (loading bar stopping somewhere at 90%). When I disable Zonealarm, I canlogin just fine.

However, Zonealarm on my laptop never stops me from loading DAoC.

Tried the good old reinstall Zonealarm Trick, but that didn´t help either.
Any ideas?

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
When the load bar stops at 90% hit alt+a (Allow). Then alt+tab when DAoC finishes loading and enter the Zonealarm settings and allow all for the active game.dll.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Zonealarm settings and allow all for the active game.dll.

Pretty much what I was going to say actually.. Open ZoneAlarm on your laptop, open up the "Allow" part of the program (Can't say exactly where it is, as I've not had to configure it before) and do the same on your main PC. Make sure both have the same rights (basically.. Add what's on your laptop, onto your PC) so DAoC will run the same. :)

Cheating way to do it, but it works.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
well.. for some reason.. it doesn´t. :)

I tried the ALT+a, no effect. The game just freezes while loading. I can´t even ALT+TAB it or CTR+ALT+DELETE (to kill the process). It´s really weird and it IS definitely connected to the Firewall, because it´s working just fine when I disable it. I also tried a reinstall of the firewall, no changes.

Thanks for the input though.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
well.. for some reason.. it doesn´t. :)

I tried the ALT+a, no effect. The game just freezes while loading. I can´t even ALT+TAB it or CTR+ALT+DELETE (to kill the process). It´s really weird and it IS definitely connected to the Firewall, because it´s working just fine when I disable it. I also tried a reinstall of the firewall, no changes.

Thanks for the input though.

Hah! I had the same problem for a long time!

I uninstalled Zonealarm and went back to using Windows firewall, and it's working great.

No hackers getting through neither xD

Loading bar on loading screen showed 90% then computer froze, had to reboot :p

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
run windowed mode and click on the pop up? (thats what i did and works like a charm =)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
run windowed mode and click on the pop up? (thats what i did and works like a charm =)

That ain't the problem, Zone alarm sometimes bugs out :)

Mine was bugged really bad, cause after I installed it my computer ran smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom