[QUESTION] Zone Reset after End of a City Siege

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Yesterday night Destro sieged Altdorf so when i logged in at lunch they were still inside Altdorf.
Went to Altdorf entrance, fought 2 destro, eventually dead i pop at Reikland and in that moment Altdorf siege ends.
I fly to Praag and zone was signed as Contested but all BOs and Keeps were Destruction controlled with timers on BOs towards VPs.
Same in DragonWake.
Is it supposed to work this way?
If it's so is garbage imo.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
last time i watched the order tard zerg trying to take IC, and failing.
the gap between "the city stands firm blah blah" and the rvr zones resetting to neutral control was about 45 mins

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
So how are those zones normally locked after the reset, through VP or domination?
Cause if it's through domanition, I dont see where the optimisation comes in.
Two hrs waiting for a zone to lock, to be able to cap a next zone, is still slower than an organized destro and order RvE train.

Danita

Gahn

Resident Freddy
So how are those zones normally locked after the reset, through VP or domination?
Cause if it's through domanition, I dont see where the optimisation comes in.
Two hrs waiting for a zone to lock, to be able to cap a next zone, is still slower than an organized destro and order RvE train.

Danita

The Lock System is still made of the 2 above mixed systems as it is normally.
When the zone resets 2 BOs and a Keep are Destro 2 BOs and a Keep are Order.

What happens atm is that Destro is somehow organized that if they fail on Fort (or do a fake attack on Fort) they place 1 group at each Order BO, a Wb inside the Keep and asap the zone resets they take back Keep with 0 effort cause they just zerg the Lord.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Quite why ppl feel the need to troll threads with general "Sorc/BW OP AOE QQ" is beyond me but Gahn's thread (and mine on the official forums which he linked to above) are pretty important issues imo which really need to be addressed by Mythic and GOA.

It's a crappy game mechanic which is being exploited multiple times daily :(

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
The Lock System is still made of the 2 above mixed systems as it is normally.
When the zone resets 2 BOs and a Keep are Destro 2 BOs and a Keep are Order.

What happens atm is that Destro is somehow organized that if they fail on Fort (or do a fake attack on Fort) they place 1 group at each Order BO, a Wb inside the Keep and asap the zone resets they take back Keep with 0 effort cause they just zerg the Lord.
Way to miss my point.
I know/figured out how they flipped things so fast after a reset.
However after the keeps/BO are taken, is the zone instantly locked and does the war move to the next zone? Do they finish the lock by getting the VP target, or do they lock it through domination?

As I said, I don't see where this optimum rvr/pve farming is coming from if there's a 2 hr wait involved for the domination lock.

Danita

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Way to miss my point.
I know/figured out how they flipped things so fast after a reset.
However after the keeps/BO are taken, is the zone instantly locked and does the war move to the next zone? Do they finish the lock by getting the VP target, or do they lock it through domination?

As I said, I don't see where this optimum rvr/pve farming is coming from if there's a 2 hr wait involved for the domination lock.

Danita

Way to miss or trying to miss the overall point.
Cause it's far easier to defend a Keep and having to only patrol BOs while winning some scenarios than actually having to capture 2 keeps and all BOs AND winning scenarios?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
that was pretty fucking abvious to happen tho. i've pointed this out time and time again but have mostly been laughed at.

yeah well, i told you so :)

?? How exactly did you know that on Zone Reset to Neutral ppl, wouldn't be teleported at WC hence being able to PvE a keep from inside? I didn't see any Fort/City siege on PTS, did you?

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
?? How exactly did you know that on Zone Reset to Neutral ppl, wouldn't be teleported at WC hence being able to PvE a keep from inside? I didn't see any Fort/City siege on PTS, did you?

It already happened in guild beta iirc.

Danita

Gahn

Resident Freddy
It already happened in guild beta iirc.

Danita

With the VP system only altho and not the mixed system, as i said it exhacerbate the situation.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

because the ppl that did it prior to the new zone domination saw the possibilities in it and started doing it more organized.

it really wasn't rocket sience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom