News Zombies to take over ze world!!

soze

I am a FH squatter
This would mean human bait.

Fair enough, a couple of soldiers hang out at a grassy plane, waiting to be eaten.

Where did you plan on putting the ambush group?

How did you plan on setting this ambush up, while holding all the directions of the compass clear of zombies?

How did you plan to do this in london? :D

Countryside is no problem, plenty of open space, retreat etc, no walls to get stuck on, but when the war goes to the city, you're shit out of luck :p

Football stadiums, you have two people on the half way line and everyone else hide behind seats as the zombies come out the tunnel they get attacked from all directions :) Its a fool proof plan the guys in the centre circle get picked up by the APC that was hiding behind the corner flag and its like shooting fish in a barrel :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Football stadiums, you have two people on the half way line and everyone else hide behind seats as the zombies come out the tunnel they get attacked from all directions :) Its a fool proof plan the guys in the centre circle get picked up by the APC that was hiding behind the corner flag and its like shooting fish in a barrel :p

What about those two people? :p

If we have a center that has a football stadium, we're talking about atleast a population of 300k. With a 50%(positive) outbreak, we're talking about 150k zombies.

With even a fraction, those two people would get slaughtered with even a 1000 zombies in this trap.

After that, the mass of the zombies would reach the seats etc.

Lethul

FH is my second home
You really should read world war z to really get what he was saying though.

At 5-10 meters, with about 300 zombies coming(low amount considering), how many you think you can drop before you're overpowered?

The problem with zombies isn't killing one, or two. Any kid with a bicycle pump can do that. The problem comes with the sheer amount of people in the world and the amount even a small village would produce.

Imagine new york, 5 million or so people, with even a 50% turn rate you'd have 2.5million zombies roaming the streets.

Well, another thing i learned in the army was to never operate alone. I would not attack 300 zombies on my own.

And I would pick my places to fight. Rally all the people to places like sahara, nevade etc. And then slaughter them (not the people but the zombies chasing!) :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, another thing i learned in the army was to never operate alone. I would not attack 300 zombies on my own.

And I would pick my places to fight. Rally all the people to places like sahara, nevade etc. And then slaughter them (not the people but the zombies chasing!) :)

The thing is, with the amount of people and infected, you would HAVE to fight 300 zombies on your own :p

And that's a positive number.

Also you'd have to think about food, water, other supplies, infected military etc.

Desert might seem like a good idea, but it's not a place you'd survive in, zombies or not.

Thing about zombies is; they are where people are. They were people afterall. And people don't live in deserts.

Also consider how long it would take you to lure zombies into the desert with their pace?

And i hate to say this, but sweden is rather f*cked between norway and finland. Only escape or lure routes go through heavily populated areas.

Lethul

FH is my second home
The thing is, with the amount of people and infected, you would HAVE to fight 300 zombies on your own :p

And that's a positive number.

Also you'd have to think about food, water, other supplies, infected military etc.

Desert might seem like a good idea, but it's not a place you'd survive in, zombies or not.

Thing about zombies is; they are where people are. They were people afterall. And people don't live in deserts.

How can you be so sure I'd have to fight at least 300 zombies on my own?

soze

I am a FH squatter
What about those two people? :p

If we have a center that has a football stadium, we're talking about atleast a population of 300k. With a 50%(positive) outbreak, we're talking about 150k zombies.

With even a fraction, those two people would get slaughtered with even a 1000 zombies in this trap.

After that, the mass of the zombies would reach the seats etc.

No way they would have to come though the turn-style single file the 2 guys in the middle would have plenty of time to get to cover while 100 soldiers shot and killed the zombies as they come though the tunnel one by one :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How can you be so sure I'd have to fight at least 300 zombies on my own?

Not you per say, but the military vs zombie ratio would be that atleast. In reality, much much much larger number.

If we take US alone, the largest military hope we have, they've got 4 or so million personnel and around 800k in reserve.

That's barely the population of new york.

You can imagine the rest, when you calculate military infections, reserve infections etc.

No way they would have to come though the turn-style single file the 2 guys in the middle would have plenty of time to get to cover while 100 soldiers shot and killed the zombies as they come though the tunnel one by one :p

On some stadiums. But for examples the US stadiums have several entry points and those several entry points lead to the field, the stands etc.

A stadium is a nice place to hold fort, strong and spacious, but it's not THAT simple :D

Lethul

FH is my second home
Not you per say, but the military vs zombie ratio would be that atleast. In reality, much much much larger number.

If we take US alone, the largest military hope we have, they've got 4 or so million personnel and around 800k in reserve.

That's barely the population of new york.

You can imagine the rest, when you calculate military infections, reserve infections etc.

But why do you think that many would actually be infected? To be infected you have to be bitten by a zombie no? I would think most people would run if they saw a zombie irl. Or can you get infected in some other way?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
But why do you think that many would actually be infected? To be infected you have to be bitten by a zombie no? I would think most people would run if they saw a zombie irl. Or can you get infected in some other way?

1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 4, 4 becomes 8.

Small number could be contained, like a town or some such, but in any major(or even minor) city, everyone can't make it out.

Lethul

FH is my second home
1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 4, 4 becomes 8.

Small number could be contained, like a town or some such, but in any major(or even minor) city, everyone can't make it out.

No, but we could seal of the city. Thus making it 5.X billion humans vs (for example Stockholm, lets hope it spreads there at least) 1.X million zombies.
I seriously doubt we would let the zombie ratio reach 300:1 before we acted.

And imo its not easy like an mathematical forumla like that. 1 becomes 2 IF the one manages to get hold of a human. Nothing says every zombie will get hold of one.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No, but we could seal of the city. Thus making it 5.X billion humans vs (for example Stockholm, lets hope it spreads there at least) 1.X million zombies.
I seriously doubt we would let the zombie ratio reach 300:1 before we acted.

And imo its not easy like an mathematical forumla like that. 1 becomes 2 IF the one manages to get hold of a human. Nothing says every zombie will get hold of one.

Ofcourse not, but before it's noticed, it might be too late.

the optimal situation would be that we would see a zombie outbreak and seal off a city.

End of.

Most likely this wouldn't happen though.

Let's take the piggy flu as an example;

People start getting sick.
Some people travel still.
Some are set to hospitals.
When we notice that it's actually a zombie problem, it's most likely world spread.

Especially if the zombie threat starts from the asian front, it's long spread before we notice it and there's a LOT of zombie meat there.

About not all zombies biting people, surely not, but imagine yourself on an alley, with only two zombies, one on each end, you'd be in a pickle already. Slower people and those daft enough to go near loved ones, would be the prime targets. It might not be 1 on 1 all the time, but it also is 1 zombie infects 2 in many cases.

It's all about escalation and on that note, you have to remember that the military powers would most likely ignore zombie theories.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
modern day army personel are so highly trained they'd easily cope with the slow movie zombies.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Ofcourse not, but before it's noticed, it might be too late.

the optimal situation would be that we would see a zombie outbreak and seal off a city.

End of.

Most likely this wouldn't happen though.

Let's take the piggy flu as an example;

People start getting sick.
Some people travel still.
Some are set to hospitals.
When we notice that it's actually a zombie problem, it's most likely world spread.

Especially if the zombie threat starts from the asian front, it's long spread before we notice it and there's a LOT of zombie meat there.

About not all zombies biting people, surely not, but imagine yourself on an alley, with only two zombies, one on each end, you'd be in a pickle already. Slower people and those daft enough to go near loved ones, would be the prime targets. It might not be 1 on 1 all the time, but it also is 1 zombie infects 2 in many cases.

It's all about escalation and on that note, you have to remember that the military powers would most likely ignore zombie theories.

But you still have to be bitten to be sick. You will notice if you get bitten and people will notice. It won't spread like an invisible disease. Thats ofc my opinion. I think we would easily defeat an zombie outbreak.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
But you still have to be bitten to be sick. You will notice if you get bitten and people will notice. It won't spread like an invisible disease. Thats ofc my opinion. I think we would easily defeat an zombie outbreak.

Actually it's blood, spit, etc that spreads it. In most lore, it's a virus afterall.

The biting comes from surviving a zombie attack.

We can defeat a zombie outbreak, IF the following is true;

- We notice it in time.
- It's not dorment for a long period of time(meaning people can travel etc).
- If it's contained to a small area.

If the FHOT crew was in power, zombie threats wouldn't be a problem, sadly the powers that be would dismiss such hocuspocus stuff in their superior wisdom.

This is if the zombie threat starts at one point ofcourse ;)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Sure sure. I'm a "trained soldier" in Sweden (so not very professional!). And seeing how the stereotypic zombies move I wouldn't really have to start shooting at several hundreds of meters. I can wait until they are between 5-10 meters from me and I _WILL_ headshot from there :p

Tsk tsk. You have forgotten the primary rule of classic zombies - speed is inversley proportional to the distance from a person. The ones miles away shamble very slowly, the ones up close proceed at medium-walk or equivalent thereof.

You are also thinking in 1-1 or 1-10 terms. I was more concerned with say 300 on 400,000! Also, the spread of zombies would function much like the spread of a disease - difficult to control unless you catch it early when the numbers are very small!

Edit: Sweden is one of those countries with mandatory short-term draft, and where every citizen has to keep a rifle / pistol once over a certain age, right?

Lethul

FH is my second home
Edit: Sweden is one of those countries with mandatory short-term draft, and where every citizen has to keep a rifle / pistol once over a certain age, right?

Sweden had mandatory short-term draf as well as a small professional army. Between 10-15 months I think "everyone" have to serve to get training and then you get placed in some platoon etc, I say "everyone" cause even when its mandatory only about 1/10 gets to do it now days.

And we don't keep a rifle/pistol over a certain age, where did you get that from? :) You might think about what we call "hemvärnet", it's a branch in the army (I guess?) where you can volunteer. Then you are like worst of the kind military that only defend your town kinda :) I think they have weapons and equip in their home (old phased out army stuff). Al tho in reality they are more used as emergency help at disasters, such as flooding they will build walls around the area or go search if someone gets lost in the woods :)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Sweden had mandatory short-term draf as well as a small professional army. Between 10-15 months I think "everyone" have to serve to get training and then you get placed in some platoon etc, I say "everyone" cause even when its mandatory only about 1/10 gets to do it now days.

And we don't keep a rifle/pistol over a certain age, where did you get that from? :) You might think about what we call "hemvärnet", it's a branch in the army (I guess?) where you can volunteer. Then you are like worst of the kind military that only defend your town kinda :) I think they have weapons and equip in their home (old phased out army stuff). Al tho in reality they are more used as emergency help at disasters, such as flooding they will build walls around the area or go search if someone gets lost in the woods :)

Sorry i was thinking of the Swiss (who do in fact keep guns once they've done national service). Or used to at any rate!

Yeah you know what i'm talking about then in terms of trying to hit a slow-but irregularly moving target the size of a grapefruit at 100 metres - not easy! Even harder if your fight/flight has been triggered (which lets be fair - it would have been if there's a wave of zombies coming for you - you get the fun of the shivering / shaking as the body tries to use up excess adrenaline.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Sorry i was thinking of the Swiss (who do in fact keep guns once they've done national service). Or used to at any rate!

Yeah you know what i'm talking about then in terms of trying to hit a slow-but irregularly moving target the size of a grapefruit at 100 metres - not easy! Even harder if your fight/flight has been triggered (which lets be fair - it would have been if there's a wave of zombies coming for you - you get the fun of the shivering / shaking as the body tries to use up excess adrenaline.

I would not shot at it at 100m tho, i would wait until it was a 100% hit rate :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
Its funny but i though this proposal said the way to stop infection was maximum aggression very fast. IE soldiers would be shooting zombies before the whole city were zombies. And also Gunships Tanks APC's all can cope with zombies hitting them all throw out alot of bullets so the individual solider would never need to face half of a city who are all in one place at the right time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Its funny but i though this proposal said the way to stop infection was maximum aggression very fast. IE soldiers would be shooting zombies before the whole city were zombies. And also Gunships Tanks APC's all can cope with zombies hitting them all throw out alot of bullets so the individual solider would never need to face half of a city who are all in one place at the right time.

Mass, mass, mass.

Imagine about 10k people going against that APC. 100k? A million?

The big thing to remember here is that the military wouldn't be called in at first, it would most likely be held back and let local authority deal with these "crazy biting people".

When the military gets involved, you're up shit creek already with the amount of infected.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They would rip through the 2 inch armour plating in seconds!11!1!

Lethul

FH is my second home
Mass, mass, mass.

The big thing to remember here is that the military wouldn't be called in at first, it would most likely be held back and let local authority deal with these "crazy biting people".

When the military gets involved, you're up shit creek already with the amount of infected.

I really think you are overestimating (word?) the zombies here! What makes you think even the local authority couldn't handle it? Say we start with 100 zombies outbreak, then they actually have to catch humans to become more, that will not be as easy as you make it out to be i think. And still, if say a buss of policeman comes to the scene with 100 zombies, they all start walking towards the policemen. They won't just stand there and let them be eaten, they will shot at them, most likely headshot a few and then get in the car and get out of there (unless it's a movie then the car won't start ;) )

soze

I am a FH squatter
Mass, mass, mass.

Yes but why would every zombie in london go to the same spot? they would not so the APC which would not be one it would be 3 or4 with the helicopters as backup would not fight 100k zombies as they would not cluster if they did a bomb would sort them out.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Yes but why would every zombie in london go to the same spot? they would not so the APC which would not be one it would be 3 or4 with the helicopters as backup would not fight 100k zombies as they would not cluster if they did a bomb would sort them out.

regardless, 1 million zombies vs an APC would be a loooooooooong drawn out fight. The APC don't rly have to stand still to get flooded either. And even when they get on top of the APC what would they do? And why would anyone send an APC to the front, proper Mechanized Infantry ought to be used :) And the swedish stridsfordon 90 is a beast! :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
regardless, 1 million zombies vs an APC would be a loooooooooong drawn out fight. The APC don't rly have to stand still to get flooded either. And even when they get on top of the APC what would they do? And why would anyone send an APC to the front, proper Mechanized Infantry ought to be used :) And the swedish stridsfordon 90 is a beast! :)

Challenger 2 tank would shoot all its bullets then run them over till it ran out of gas then get refueled rearmed and kill thousands more. All while the drivers are in a nice sealed environment :) Then you can get a Specter Gun Ship flying high above the ground dropping 105 shells on any group for 100 more that are silly enough to stand together :) The more i think the more I'm sure the slow zombies would be toast.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Challenger 2 tank would shoot all its bullets then run them over till it ran out of gas then get refueled rearmed and kill thousands more. All while the drivers are in a nice sealed environment :) Then you can get a Specter Gun Ship flying high above the ground dropping 105 shells on any group for 100 more that are silly enough to stand together :) The more i think the more I'm sure the slow zombies would be toast.

Don't you think a nimble Stridsfordon 90 would be more suited to the zombie threat? It's not like they got armor :) What the heck, use both!

It's in a Stridsfordon 90 I am "war placed", if Sweden ever goes to war i will be found in the back of one of those as a Infantry Squad Leader ;) They carry 6-8 man groups in the back.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I will retreat to my secret Umbrella lab stationed neatly under my mansion somewhere in Britannia.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I will be out there baseball batting the fuckers Shawn of the Dead style like a man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom