Zero Punctuation reviews EVE-Online

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Well he's a newb :) I don't play EvE anymore (so you can't acuse me of fanboy-ism), but it's clearly that the man knows little or less than little about MMOs, and he says so himself.

Thus his opinion can be easily rendered as un-informed.

For an excuse of making witty jokes, the review is ok -- for an informed and objective review, he fails.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
its a review of a first impression from a MMO newbie. it doesent have to be informative or objective.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
EvE is shit. I did the 14 day trial twice and hated it both times. lol at the "everywhere you go you see the same fucking rock"

taB

Part of the furniture
It's funny as usual, but he quite flatly states that he stayed in noob corp and did PvE. Noone's gonna have fun doing that.

The review is accurate for what he experienced. He just missed out all the good bits :p

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Yahtzee doesn't get MMO's, and yeah he missed out pvp in eve which is kind of like missing Jordans breasts and reviewing her face.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well, it's not meant as a proper review though, it's all about the witty remarks. :)

popa

Fledgling Freddie
Yahtzee is a YCS goon (SA forum) troll if u remember after the threadgnouth lowtax moved the eve-online megathread on YCS and he was trolling there @ "space ship game is serious business"

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Well he's a newb :) I don't play EvE anymore (so you can't acuse me of fanboy-ism), but it's clearly that the man knows little or less than little about MMOs, and he says so himself.

Thus his opinion can be easily rendered as un-informed.

For an excuse of making witty jokes, the review is ok -- for an informed and objective review, he fails.
You know from a none mmorpg perspective all that he says is valid, and tho I like eve I see alot of flaws in it like alot of mmorpgs. I think Eve's pve is the most shit i've ever experienced. Really just stay online to do missions and complexes for money and wait 3months until you can have real fun.

I think mmorpgs arn't the best games ever made, its usually the social aspect of it. The 8man ppl in daoc, the irc and the forums made a compleatly halfarsed repetative pvp into something more fun for me atleast because it ment something other then just realmpoints.

And what excites me in Eve is the pvp aswell where there is some personal loss if you fuck up. Adrenaline starts pumping if you do small gang vs other small gangs:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom