Zerker or Savage? (classic)

heavion

Fledgling Freddie
hi, first time poster, so didn't know where to put it.. so forgive me if its in the wrong place..

Ok so classic servers will be out soon and i intend to go mid.

i want to make a middie tank, one with that can be used for both pve and pvp, although i intend to RvR more then PvE...

after speaking to a RL m8, he surggested that i went zerker or savage for rvr grps, as they will be needed in most....

but now its the question of which one and spec?

zerker:
was trying to think of which is best race for this?... troll gives alot more stren, but low quic and dex... nors seem to have a balanced, dwarf has much better con ok stren and slightly higher quic & dex then troll.. or could make a Valkyn.. which has rather low con.. whats best?

was thinking of 50/50/(28?) (LA/AorH/P)

but was also told that this spec was good... 50/39/42 anyone tried this?

savage:
Race....
only 2 i think would be best for this is Troll and kobold? or have i got that well and truly wrong? :) troll higher stren for harder hitting, or kobold for better evade?
50h2h/39sav... (only spec i could see worth using? )

Anyway, help with specs and whats needed in RvR grps will help loads.

Thanks Heavion :worthy:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
for savie "h2h" i'd go kobbie 44/49, yes trolls have a slight advantage in dmg, but it's minimal, and the higher kobbie dex = better evade/parry, and kobbies are smaller wich imo is an advantage as well,

if your considering a 2h savage trolls the obviouse answer ;) 44/49 or 50/42

for zerks hmm.. prob troll and 50/50 altho norse are also viable,

lastly keep in mind zerks get charge, savie's Dont ;)

Skirne

Fledgling Freddie
Savages are good with det5. Trolls are the best tanks in midgard, no matter the class and spec. If you decide to try two handed, troll is an advantage.

Remember to go 44 Savagery, this is great with slow weapons.(And troll QUI)

Trolls doing the hth ninja styles look awesome.

heavion

Fledgling Freddie
2h savage work well? would have thought that h2h would have been better?

not worth trying tri-spec?

maybe 40sav, 34 weapon and 39 h2h? dunno if it would work, think damage and the missing styles would gimp damage etc...

from the 2 replys i think that savage would be better then zerker, although i can always make both of them :)

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
heavion said:
2h savage work well? would have thought that h2h would have been better?

not worth trying tri-spec?

maybe 40sav, 34 weapon and 39 h2h? dunno if it would work, think damage and the missing styles would gimp damage etc...

from the 2 replys i think that savage would be better then zerker, although i can always make both of them :)

tri-spec was nice before, then they took away dualreflexes and then it sucked donkeyballs, thats what I've been told before atleast

Olvoair

Fledgling Freddie
they also nerfed the ws.

think it has been proven a few times that the 44 weap / 49 savagery has superior dps to other speccs.

with det love here and no MLs on classic I would think that savage would be a better choice even though zerk is a solid class. Be aware that savage stink in solo exping (if no bb that is).

Skirne

Fledgling Freddie
The 44 49 spec is of course better with hth, as you will loose very little style damage from the one less point in weapon.

You can read about wyrds theories om dmg calc on spydors site.

Tri spec is probably just retarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom