Zerk Vs Necro

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Evasive said:
Funny the thread is changed from Zerker vs Necro to Bonedancer vs Necro :)
Dueled a necro (before improvement) with my infi. If I did PA/CD combo I killed the pet easy if we did normal duel not stealth he kicked my ass. Last week I saw a fully buffed necro killing a buffed savage very easy so Necro quite evil he also can cast 2-3 times while being attacked. So if played well think Necro can take a lot of classes.

Mainly because melee classes dont really stand a chance against BB'ed Necros

A necro can cast almost continuously by chaining LT's, when FP pops you got 2 free LT's and a insta LT waiting after the 2 castables.

Cant say I have played my necro for a v long time in RVR, maybe I'll break him out to add a few more RA's.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i better run around with my str/con debuffs then :p
Timer on charges is 2 mins rite?

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Tiki said:
Buffed supp bd vs buffed necro? :D

The Necro will kill the commander in 2-3 manadrains, just the time of a FP, and then we will have buffed necro vs a petless buffed BD. :eek:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Antedeluvian said:
The Necro will kill the commander in 2-3 manadrains, just the time of a FP, and then we will have buffed necro vs a petless buffed BD. :eek:
True lets hope they fix the necro bugs then nerf them so they're on a playing field with the rest of the classes..

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
if were talking buffed v buffed ... the commander (and if enough conc the healers too) will be buffed too

sincerely doubt a buffed commander goes down in 2-3 casts

as for killing the healers ... QC a new healer pet works wonders sometimes

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
True lets hope they fix the necro bugs then nerf them so they're on a playing field with the rest of the classes..

They are on a level playing field: to a chanter, runie, or just about every other casting class, a necro is easy meat. No need for a nerf there.

Martoch

Fledgling Freddie
Before the patch my zerker could easily two shot necro buffed when I was buffed..

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Chronictank said:
i better run around with my str/con debuffs then :p
Timer on charges is 2 mins rite?

Just remember if he lands an AF debuff on you if a fly lands on your shoulder you'll take 200 dmg.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Kami said:

I think you'll find in RVR necros are still at a massive disadvantage, one mez in a fight and the necro might as well release, lots of RA's dont work with necros and the pet falls over with 2-3 nukes from a caster.

Its like many things in RVR you now need the right group make up to take them down, when you have that group Necros are insignificant.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Martoch said:
Before the patch my zerker could easily two shot necro buffed when I was buffed..

Didnt you consider that a little odd?

Now the tables have turned maybe Necros can come here saying the say about zerkers :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Im not complaining
like i said before
necros are gimps vs casters, but uber vs tanks
thats the balance.

I was just curious as to whether i could win.
I have got my answer ty all

Moderators plz close this thread b4 those who want to flame and whine notice its here

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Big Ugly said:
if were talking buffed v buffed ... the commander (and if enough conc the healers too) will be buffed too

sincerely doubt a buffed commander goes down in 2-3 casts

as for killing the healers ... QC a new healer pet works wonders sometimes

Magic dmg still being uber vs blue cons pets buffed or unbuffed, if not we would be seeing a mass of necros wtfpwning all in sight in emain being almost invulnerable to melee and very resistants to magic. The commander unbuffed would die in 2 nukes, buffed in 3 or 2+crit, buffed you can cast 4 times in a FP. Take your own conclussions.
Ofc course if the necro is dumb enough to spam his queue in FP or to nuke BD instead commander he will, and will deserve, die.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
I await Bonehead, no doubt he's been here - done that :worthy:
Hehe, I feel like i should say something then! :)

Before we got patch 1.65, necros (solo) was never a threat. With my own body debuff, LT hitted close to cap while my base DD was not too far away. I normally three shotted necros. They did not heal themself for the amout of damage i did. Once I HW i got jumped by 2 necros and a mincer. The damage they all did on me, was taken back from only one LT (i heal myself ~380-390 with LT when capped dmg). And don't forget that crit was 99% of damage, not 50% like normal players. Maybe i met noob Necros. I dunno. But i hadn't lost a single 1vs1 fight vs Necro (pre patch).

Now we got 1.65, and Necros have got some love. So far (since i don't solo as much as i used too) I havn't met any solo necros.

I don't underestimate solo necro's in 1.65 tho...

The only experiance I got from the "new" necro so far, is that they are better. Few days ago, I did one solo run in emain. I got all the way to AMG without assassin add :)D). At AMG, two necros ran out of gate. I interupted both, and started to nuke one of them. When they were in melee range, both where still alive. Their new resist system have improved their resistance greatly. Still, they didn't do much dmg. So the necro i had targeted didn't get as much HP from his LT, as my LT did in damage. One necro died. Started working on the other, but got Scout add (ofc - amg - duh - almost died on that hit). Critical hit ~500 damage. I interupted him and sended Pet on scout and kept LT the necro. Few seconds later i was oop, without pots and RP down. I died nearly after. My pets couldn't keep up with necro damage.
Why didn't they QC AF debuff? I dunno .. maybe noobs! xD

So what can i say about this?

Well, i got a good jump on the two necros. Cos of that could take one down, even i didn't do as much dmg as before. But if one solo necro would get a good jump on me, I really don't know who would win. I guess only time will tell ... :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Tay said:
I think you'll find in RVR necros are still at a massive disadvantage, one mez in a fight and the necro might as well release, lots of RA's dont work with necros and the pet falls over with 2-3 nukes from a caster.

Its like many things in RVR you now need the right group make up to take them down, when you have that group Necros are insignificant.
I know, which is why they need to sort out the Necro pet bugs (I play a 50 necro too btw). Bonedancers share a lot of the same bugs and I think to a certain extent Mythic haven't nerfed either class much because they know there are rather serious outstanding issues with the classes (both have only 1 REALLY strong spell line for example.) In some ways Necros might actually become more powerful after an ABS nerf if the bugs get sorted out (resists, RAs, pet wandering off etc.)

belth

Fledgling Freddie
Prisma/Sniper said:
duo pa chain em with 2 ns , imo
And get promptly owned, with the necro laughing his ass off 1.8k RP richer? You could propably kill yourself on a Servant necros damage shield xD

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Kami said:
I know, which is why they need to sort out the Necro pet bugs (I play a 50 necro too btw). Bonedancers share a lot of the same bugs and I think to a certain extent Mythic haven't nerfed either class much because they know there are rather serious outstanding issues with the classes (both have only 1 REALLY strong spell line for example.) In some ways Necros might actually become more powerful after an ABS nerf if the bugs get sorted out (resists, RAs, pet wandering off etc.)

If I could be assured of that I would possibly take my necro into TOA, but as it stands mythic have made little progress fixing the outstanding issues, the pathing is still a feckin nightmare as you are aware, in caldey (And prolly most places) there is a wide open section near little haven where the pet follows you going totally the wrong way and you end up with no pet and looking at a level 57+ mob as a frail necro with no pet, I hope they do get sorted although I'm not sure i can face the necro after all the XPin he has done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom