Zerk question :)

Majsan

Fledgling Freddie
So, what would all you allknowers out there say!

Normal 50/50/28 specc
or
for example: 39 sword 39 hammer, 50 left axe.

with 2 diffrent damage types, would damage be less if you specc like that and using only la styles? Using right dmg on armours would make more or?

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldn't avail to much to do the effective 51 weapon spec on a zerk since you cannot offhand wield a sword or hammer anyhow. And trying to make a template to be able to switch between say battler sword and malice hammer seems to me to be quite stupid.
I am though not allknowing about zerks since I haven't really played one for real in rvr.
I would say 50/50/28 anyhow. If you wanna have two different dmg types go hammer/la... good or bad is not for me to say.

Sourcream

Fledgling Freddie
Of Course dmg will be less lol :d and it's better to have 50 main 50 off , it's the regular zerk spec

:flame: Death is just the beginning :flame:

While daoc is the pain :(

Sourcream <Black Company> Level 50 Skald rr6L4

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Na, its good have crush and slash damage. 39 sword/axe, 39 hammer, 50 la, rest parry is solid spec while using LA styles. Been that sometime and never looked back since.

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Osri said:
Na, its good have crush and slash damage. 39 sword/axe, 39 hammer, 50 la, rest parry is solid spec while using LA styles. Been that sometime and never looked back since.
You would still have crush and slash dmg with 50 hammer 50 la 28 parry, and higher WS I bet.
I don't see the use of this effective 51 spec for a zerker... but mayby im just not seeing the point.
I mean it might have worked fine in SI times since you could just make the same bonuses on both weapons, but with arti's I find it hard to see how you would get a functioning template if you are to switch between weapons.

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
what shatar said, you still have 2 different dmg types and to get a nice template and switch in battle all time would get any man with all their screws left headache:)

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Hi buddy! :wub:

Forgot to add that it could be a nice idea if you are a woman..... heard they could do 2 things or more at once. I myself am happy with 50 50 28 :drink:

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Osri said:

yep

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
So you would make a template with offhand only equipped or what? so that you can switch w/o need for worse dmg and so forth?

thaaadi

Fledgling Freddie
Shatar said:
So you would make a template with offhand only equipped or what? so that you can switch w/o need for worse dmg and so forth?

I would 10/15 % more dmg is alot

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Met a zerker with 50 LA 39 axe 42 parry, was a hard nut to crack :)

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Mirari said:
Met a zerker with 50 LA 39 axe 42 parry, was a hard nut to crack :)
in duels parry is nasty... otherwise it's quite suxxor

Warcat

Fledgling Freddie
Sourcream said:
Of Course dmg will be less lol :d and it's better to have 50 main 50 off , it's the regular zerk spec

wow ... u know alot about dual wield chars .. from playing a skald .. sry m8 .. this is out of your league . :)

Well .. 39hammer/39sword/50LA .. would permit u to do good dmg with either sword or hammer (tested blades/blunt 39/39/50cd) on my bm on camlann .. and i did equal dmg with blades & blunt .. with that spec .. so well .. but i dont see the need for using sword . since u prolly dont fight alot of leather classes .. most ppl in rvr are chain users .. and well .. u need thrust for that .. and that aint possible in mid .. so :< svg ftw! :p .. u should go hammer imo .. has the best dmg & less end cost ( is u solo or duo with aug healer <3 )

GL with whatever u decide .. had to givf opinion :)

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
2 weapon spec is a non-sense for primary dmg dealer which needs to concentrate on styles and actual dmg output and not on theoretical dmg increase.

Also if malice procs if makes things a way better than with battler with useless proc even on hib reinforced armor.

51 point overall in weapon spec is enough if u're going to use only LA styles, rest could be added to parry.
But it seems 100% useful only for sword users. If u want to deal better dmg then it's good to use hawok, tyr's, pillager with axe or provoke (when ooe) with hammer.
Still if u could trade +11 weapon in ur template for something useful (hp/af/qui etc) in template it's ok.

PS. My zerker had 39+4+8 in axe 50la and 42 in parry. The only axe style i've been using laterly if pillager with anytime dehaste effect.

Zexxeh

Fledgling Freddie
50 sword , 50 hammer , 50 axe and 50 LA 28 parry. U must decide between them Im sword cause its neutral to some armor types but well havent any snare to prevent targets to go away so conquer is good to do so in hammer also havok and pillager from axe are very good style, but mate 2 hand ragnarok > all.

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Warcat said:
but i dont see the need for using sword . since u prolly dont fight alot of leather classes .. most ppl in rvr are chain users .. and well .. u need thrust for that .. and that aint possible in mid ..

Correct me if im wrong, but i thought that resistances varied per realm? Ie mid chain is resistant to slash, but alb chain is weak towards it? Hib rf weak to crush but strong vs slash, mid studded weak vs slash etc etc.

Bit rusty on those tables tho, could be wrong

Zexxeh

Fledgling Freddie
alb chain is neutral to slash but resistant to crush and vulnerable to thrust

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Slash vs. Albion - All Neutral
Crush vs. Albion - plate and leather vulnerable, cloth neutral, chain and studded resistant

Slash vs. Hibernia - Scale is vulnerable, cloth neutral, reinforced and leather is resistant
Crush vs. Hibernia - reinforced and leather vulnerable, cloth neutral, scale resistant

no point in listing thrust realy since a zerk cant use it, only mid class that can is savage and valk(should be able atleast)/hunters and this was a zerk thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom