Zergggggg !!!!!

Beledus

Fledgling Freddie
I'm playing order main reason is I dont want to queue for hours and secondly looks like order may get some loving first and destruction get the nerf bat. On the EU server I play on rvr is completely dominated by destruction and if my guild do try to take anywhere we are overwhelmed by zergs of destruction. What I would like to know is how this is gonna get balanced because rvr for my level 23 toon is a waste of time and I should think others think the same way and carry on with pve.:england:

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Don't get your hopes up for it balancing out.
People lived with it for years in DAoC - we'll endure in WAR as well :)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Looking through the server screen there doesn't seem to be a lot of imbalance tbh, the full servers seem to have queues on both sides. Sorry to hear about your situation though, GOA have introduced cloning for the full servers though it sounds like you're not on one of these.

Unfortunatly sounds like all you can do is wait it out, player base should increase over time, or they might allow free char transfer for some order chars from the full servers

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I've seen a post on VN were a guy gave numbers of guilded toons on each side on US servers using Mythics herald
In some servers the ratio was as high as 3:1 in destructions favour

T1 RvR zones can be very frustrating as an empire player, particularly when you have to rely on dwarves/elves with wanderlust for tanks

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
A lot of the time it's down to how many people go to RvR in a particular zone too - if people are too busy PvEing or one side loses morale and people go back to levelling it compounds the issue.

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Awesome, another decade of zergwhines incoming!!
Zerging always happens, just farm as much as you can before you die...its simple.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I've experienced this problem, too. Destruction seem so hard to beat.

However, I don't know how much this has to do with class balance. It could also be to do with the guilds who went Des (some quite leet ones) and also the appeal of the various classes: on Order people might be playing the less effective RvR classes because those are the ones that look most appealing (e.g. engineer).

Des certainly gives the impression of being mainly composed of heavy tanks, healers and mages. Order seems to be composed mainly of DPS classes of one flavour of another (not because those are the Order classes, just because people have chosen to play them). Without tanks and healers, they get taken apart.

Hopefully, anyone with a real interest in RvR will learn over time which classes are needed and will roll them on Order, balancing things out.

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Its not a mather of balance. Its a mather if you are in a shit group that doesnt work in an organised way. You cannot say much about balance untill most hit 40 and are "geared" .... Then you might see that class X is a lot stronger then Class Y.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
We took a warband out for fun the other night and had some good fights in Shadowlands keep-taking but after Order eventually lost they didn't come back to try and retake it.

I'm noticing Order (on our server anyway) only fight when they're confident of winning - if it looks like hard work they won't bother, though we're getting our asses handed to us in the rather broken Mourkain Temple scenario.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Its not a mather of balance. Its a mather if you are in a shit group that doesnt work in an organised way. You cannot say much about balance untill most hit 40 and are "geared" .... Then you might see that class X is a lot stronger then Class Y.

That's true to some extent, but it doesn't account for the consistency with which des is winning.

There's no way des are consistently playing in organised groups and order not. There must be other factors at work.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
The issue is an overly complex one which can be easily simplified. If you find a particular class is constantly missing then roll one. Yes the Order are often heavily out numbered by destro but dont get down hearted - those with their backs to the wall fight the hardest. A few guilds are now getting organised on the order side now so hopefull we shall fight back big time.
I live in hope of getting a group on a daily basis instead of a weekly one now that some of my guild mates are catching up with me.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
That's true to some extent, but it doesn't account for the consistency with which des is winning.

There's no way des are consistently playing in organised groups and order not. There must be other factors at work.

Its not that the destro are in more orgainsed groups but that there are more of them. Orgainsed or not they just outnumber the order.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie

The main factor is numbers. In scenario RvR I win as many as I lose, but taking keeps is a complete nightmare because there are so many Des players.
I normally play in a small group and we do ok in our small corner of the battlefield but overall the battle will be lost fairly quickly, and we often find ourselves doing a weird last stand against a tide of Destruction peeps.

As I say, scenarios are a diffrent matter because numbers are not the problem in there.

bobfish

Fledgling Freddie
My observation is simply that Destruction players are more up for a fight than Order atm.

When you get organised guilds on both sides doing the content to unlock the city raids, then you probably won't see such a big problem. I know our alliance is more than capable of dealing with any zerg we come across, and that is with our levels being pretty spread out.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
on azgal i never really felt that destro is much stronger, just racing tru all levels and getting in zones first but when order gets there with equal amounts/ranks... then order wins more due to organisation or loses due to too many shadow twats

JohnnyBoy555

Fledgling Freddie
I've never seen any great imbalance. It's all very even and competitive.
Also never had to wait to get on my server.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
'ZERG' (n)

Translation: a large number of people participating in the Realm-versus-Realm part of an online game.

In ancient times this was often mistaken by an insecure minority for a lack of 'skills' (see: imaginary penis enhancers) amongst the participants, but as enlightenment grew it became understood that the more people participated in game, the more people were enjoying the game. Eventually the word 'Zerg' became synonymous with a popular game that would be around for a long time.

Zede

Part of the furniture
heh, we all know how easy it is with the right classes to own a zerg right ?

cumon guys, how many of u have been in pbaoe grps obliterating all that come into the lords room, or a bridge camp, or a u get the idea..zergs can be taken advantage of.

I was an alb in daoc, im glad to be the underdog this time & look forward to lilling what I reckon will be about 50% utterly clueless zerglings, ripe for the picking !

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
With the high TTK and lack of long-duration CC in this game, the superior numbers in open-field have been a big problem.

Most of the time yesterday order had 2 full warband groups trying to take keeps.
Destruction showed up with easily 50 people and floored us. Teamwork, gear, all that counts for precisely shit if you're outnumbered 2-1, and right now it looks like Order are (although i suspect the actual ration is something like 1:1.3/1.4 Order/Des, and that many Order are not rvring atm).

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Two full warbands is 48 people. 50ish people is not 2 to 1.

Long duration CC... you have actually been playing WAR as opposed to DAoC, yeh? :D

Soazak

Part of the furniture
With the high TTK and lack of long-duration CC in this game, the superior numbers in open-field have been a big problem.

Most of the time yesterday order had 2 full warband groups trying to take keeps.
Destruction showed up with easily 50 people and floored us. Teamwork, gear, all that counts for precisely shit if you're outnumbered 2-1, and right now it looks like Order are (although i suspect the actual ration is something like 1:1.3/1.4 Order/Des, and that many Order are not rvring atm).

The amount of characters on the server doesn't matter if the server is full. I'm assuming you play on KEP as most here do, all the servers that were cloned had Order queues as well as Destro queues, more people play destro but it's who is logged in that counts..

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Two full warbands is 48 people. 50ish people is not 2 to 1.

Long duration CC... you have actually been playing WAR as opposed to DAoC, yeh? :D

My crap syntax due to a late night and an early morning there. 2 full groups within a warband = 12 people is what i meant!

And long-duration CC used to be the only way to take greatly higher numbers (combined of course with kiteing hard). Now to a certain degree it's keep running until they get bored or turn and take a few with you before you die (which isn't easy with the higher destruction healer ratio).

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Hehe fair do.

The only time I see Destruction with more people is right outside Ravensraid, where there is usually some skirmishing around the Harvest Shrine. While occasionally fun, its usually pretty dull stuff as you might get a few nice fights but mostly its guard-hugging dullness which I won't waste my time on. I'll take a char in there, do the quests I need then move on. I know I may get flamed for this but I can't be assed with that kiddy style RvR.

The times we've been out for a stand-up fight there's been fairly even sides. We had a hoot the other night in Shadowlands fighting for a keep there and I didn't think we were going to be able to take it...right up until we did. Order didn't come back for Round 2 though so we moved on. I noticed late in the evening / early morning that the keep was under siege then back in Order control and idly wondered if this was how it was going to be in the end game.

EDIT: My observations should be taken with a pinch of salt: I don't live, breath and drink RvR, I do lots of other stuff to and am not in the RvR areas 24/7 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom