Zerg Night

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Taking a look at the fun factor of RvR these days, is very poor, i think alot of you can agree here, dew to the frustration you/we have been apart of, what ever it may have been.

I think its time to set all the crap to one side, like the fact everyone thinks they have to have 20 artis to compete, or SC stuff , or a certain spec, ok they give us an edge, but they dont stop us competing and enjoying RvR.

If people keep ramming down people throats the fact that you have to have this and that to play RvR, then its going to take a long time to get people together in RvR to have some fun. All you need and have ever needed is the access to the battle zone. For example, grey cons have been known to wipe full groups with oil, and put holes in side of keeps, there perpose maybe have beeen small, but they still served it.

So i think we should have a Zerg Night, on nights it dont clash with the current Raids, were all the realm get to gether and just plain has fun , runing around with trebs and all sort of crazy stuff. So the main goal is fun, not RP's or Relics, they will be a bonus if we happen to come by them.

So if we can have some feed back here would be great.

PS. I dont expect anyone to know me or what i stand for, but you know what fun is, so lets have some.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Starwind said:
PS. I dont expect anyone to know me or what i stand for, but you know what fun is, so lets have some.

Sure, fun for me is:

Being competitive in an opted group where teamwork wins against another group that does it's best to compete as well.

I don't find it fun to hug a keep or operating a treb though.

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
I don't find it fun to hug a keep or operating a treb though.

So, others will have to do that, and you asume they find that 'fun'??? It's part of the job mate, and, like in RL, someone has to do it....

I think it's a sign of the pl-moderna-gimme-a-lvl-fifty-like-right-now mentality, that not enough people want to put in some decent work....

Towers and keeps are taken but not claimed.... Repairs are done by the same people all the time, while others just move on.... It's got nothing to do with not having the 'right' outfit and/or artifacts.... it has everything to do with people having an 'attitude'.... 'Givf all now, and sheit on working for it...'...

BTW: I'm having fun most of the time in RvR, solo and/or grouped...

Eleannor

Fledgling Freddie
YAY for Starwind !

Hello Starwind..

I agree with you ( Although I am not really sure if that helps your cause lol )

Not everyone can be in an "Opted" group and not everyone can have the "Essential" Artis, A Buff Bot, The "Perfect" template or The only spec worth having.
Not everyone can have the "Ideal" and they should not be made to feel like they are wasting their time without all these things. If being in an opted group is what brings you fun then that is great, but I do not think it is what Starwind was saying .. Everyone can enjoy RvR and have fun, an organised "Zerg" night could give a larger amount of people an opportunity to have fun too.

I think it is a fabulous idea and will help you in any way I can .. Have a curly wurly for posting this :)

Hugs to EVERYONE !! regardless of your class, race or even spec .. EVEN those with beards ..

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
I like fireing the treb... As long as thier is enemy defenders that I can take the odd pot shot at :D

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Lilinallte said:
So, others will have to do that, and you asume they find that 'fun'??? It's part of the job mate, and, like in RL, someone has to do it....

Job? Unlike my RL job I actually pay to play this game. I get payed for doing my RL job, so ....

Besides, it seems others quite like doing trebs and the like, so why on earth should I do what I dont like and possible limit other's chance to do what they like?

Furthermore, this thread was about doing what is 'fun'. My point was, that people have different oppinions of what is fun :)

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
I for one love my job:) hehe, nah, what I mean is: ofcourse, we all play the 'game' to have fun, but 'instant fun' doesn't give as much pleasure as 'worked for fun'....

Didn't want to turn this into a flame, believe me...

I hate the boring 'trebbing'.... but have done it plenty times. Specially in bg's, to blow a few holes in ck walls, and then take the inner gate down with it, so when you get 4 people to join you, you can immediately get to the lord-room and take the ck.....

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
But, to stick to the original message: I do aggree, people have to be stimulated to enter RvR, not hold back.... In the 'old' days, the guilds and alliances took care of that, by taking level 40 members on to their first relic hunt or keep take.... Sadly numbers have changed alot, and objectives have changed....

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
yeah givf a good ol free for all zerg fest!

larger numbers does win indeed, more for the enemy to target, think about etc. ive spent a hell of a lot of time and money on my template but i aint gonna be stuck up my own ass and only be opted. after all its REALM Vs REALM! the mentality now days is best suited to camlann tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom