Zalman.. FAO TdC

D

danger

Gah I'm fed up with my generic AMD HSF and the noise etc it produces... and I'm gonna go for one of them Zalman flower deelies... Was wandering if someone could suggest which one to go for....

Specs: Abit KX7-333, Athlon XP 2000+

(plus are the zalman case fans any good... how about they're PSU's.... I'm fed up with noise :p)

D

danger

Did you buy them from quietPC.com by any chance? or do they sell Zalman stuff any where else ? :p

T

Testin da Cable

sorry dude. I got the cooler from an outfit here in holland

A

Ash!

Originally posted by ^Danger
Did you buy them from quietPC.com by any chance? or do they sell Zalman stuff any where else ? :p

You could try www.overclockers.co.uk. Not to be confused with www.overclock.co.uk They sell a full range of Zalman cooling products. Prices are reasonable. They also sell those funky coloured Chieftec cases that are Really quite. 350watt PSU Better cases than the Lian Li IMHO

D

danger

Yeah I've used em before... good service...

I ordered a flower power Cu Heatsink and fan... 2 silent case fans and a speedy Liteon CDRW...

What are overclock like ? (not clockers :p) They had some good prices on stuff!

On another note Wahooo finally got my mobo n' stuff back from scan heh heh....

D

danger

Bleeeeeding hell! Just got my zalman booty today.. the sound diff is remarkable..

before I had:
a Generic AMD HSF
and a cheapass case fan

Now I've replaced the AMD Heatsink with the Zalman Cu Flower with the fan on the lowest setting and I've removed the case fan altogether.... it's only running 3deg hotter... (The case fan was pretty much aimed at the CPU before to keep it cool)...

The sound iss sooo much less... as soon as I get rid of my Pneumatic PSU I think the noise ouptut of this comp will be bareable!!!

Man I'm sold on this Zalman stuff... 'tis teh dogz!

D

danger

Deffo man... I've added 2 Zalman 80mm case fans... I've got them both running on silent... Got the PSU fan just a tad above minimum (got a 2deg temp drop for nominal increase in sound output)

I can't wait till I've got enough spare cash to change this shit PSU :) got my XP2000 running around 6 degrees cooler at 47.5degress idle than the generic AMD HSF I had and it's sooo much quieter.....

Why didn't you tell me about them sooner?!?:eek:

E

Embattle

It is great to have a system that doesn't howl like a banshee. Although I have solved part of my noise problem, via water cooling, it doesn't help having so many HDs spinning :(

T

Testin da Cable

I'm thinking of building a large case that I can put all the pootas in. I'll have to do some drawing and thinking before I go for it though.
A shop here in town once had a half-size soundproofed 19" rack for sale...but it was really expensive :/

D

danger

You need a container that can maintain a 100% vacuum :p

S

(Shovel)

Would that not cause some rather severe cooling side effects? Like say... reduce cooling to zero?

Air flow is your friend :) As are Zalman silent components :)

T

Testin da Cable

potentially you could build an airless case, but you'd have to use non-airflow based coolers and the sheer trouble you'd have to go through is a bit shit really. if you'd use an airflow cooler your cpu will go pop faster than a pimple on a 14yo's face :)

D

danger

I did have an idea about getting a 10m monitor, keyboard, mouse, speaker cables and drilling a hole in the partition having the tower in the adjacent room and having everything I need to use it in here.... it was an interesting thought for the 0.6 seconds consideration I gave it!

S

(Shovel)

At this rate the speed/sound ratio will make the return of null terminals both a possibility and a necessity.

Quick ^Danger, fill that niche...

W

Wilier

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
I'm thinking of building a large case that I can put all the pootas in. I'll have to do some drawing and thinking before I go for it though.
A shop here in town once had a half-size soundproofed 19" rack for sale...but it was really expensive :/

How about a chest freezer?

Users who are viewing this thread