Ywain the cesspit of DAoC?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Am I looking at Prydwen, Dyvet and the various German servers/clusters I've been on with rose tinted glasses, or is Ywain simply the worst DAoC server so far?

Far too many multibox farming groups. I know that users have been logging in multiple characters for years, but in general these have never caused encounters like ML10 to be locked up. So instead of genuine players you've just got farmers trying to rape the encounters as much as possible - most likely to sell it on the merchants as soon as possible.

Loot stealing by trying to get enough damage on a mob someone else has already engaged. This has been against the CoC for years, yet all of a sudden it's now become a common occurrence on various raids. The chance of getting customer support to deal with this is absolutely zero. I've never known so much blatant loot stealing attempts.

Awful inflation which is out of control. There's absolutely no money sinks in the game, and the amount of farming probably doesn't help in any way.

RvR is still kind of fun (although the server is far too zergy), but these various things are a huge negative point on the server which Mythic doesn't seem to be dealing with. They should be monitoring the server for excessive farming, people breaking the CoC and generally trying to keep Ywain as nice a place as possible.

As much as I hated GOA (I'm sure there are plenty of you who agree with that one!), having a 3rd party run the servers and restricting their market to just European players limited the problems which seem to plague Ywain as the only real server remaining.

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds more like a whine from a person there have been on a ml10 raid :m00:

Blame EA for the patches there makes the game easymode and the ml10 weapons are way to silly, they dont belong in a game like DAoC!

And u dont even need ml10 items to have a perfect template with 3 x 101 stats and 4 x 10 and +11 in skills and 400hp! But all the freaking kids dont think they can win oithout ml10 items.. even the TG torsos have better procs than the silly procs in ml10 torsos :)

And btw in your whine post, remember when u talks about lootstealing in a pvp area, the ruleset are much different compared to pve! So read the CoD again, and the only thing there is against EA's CoD is the macro programs, and i can tell u 3 months before EU servers came to US they banned over 100 accounts, the chinese teams and macro kids are just getting smarter than the EA CSR's!

So cut the whine, this has happened to Ywain since the ml10 weap/armor boost!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
...the TG torsos have better procs than the silly procs in ml10 torsos :)

Not for melee classes they don't. ML10 gear >> SI gear

Silence /use on cloak
(On my hero) 330 value heal on chest
Big heal on slash LW

No idea about casters though.

Loving my ML10 gear at the moment. The only daft thing is the conflag pets, lower their chance to proc and that would sort them out.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
One plus of being here is the turnaround time from recieving player feedback to stuff getting done is much faster. I can't see this situation lasting long as many people are unhappy with it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
You can do an ML10 raid, tell a loot stealer to FUCK OFF, receive an infraction, get 2 days ban & fuck all will happen to the loot stealer.

this is why im not playing, stupid dumbfuck yanks have the game priorities somewhat skewed.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Sounds more like a whine from a person there have been on a ml10 raid :m00:

Blame EA for the patches there makes the game easymode and the ml10 weapons are way to silly, they dont belong in a game like DAoC!

And u dont even need ml10 items to have a perfect template with 3 x 101 stats and 4 x 10 and +11 in skills and 400hp! But all the freaking kids dont think they can win oithout ml10 items.. even the TG torsos have better procs than the silly procs in ml10 torsos :)

And btw in your whine post, remember when u talks about lootstealing in a pvp area, the ruleset are much different compared to pve! So read the CoD again, and the only thing there is against EA's CoD is the macro programs, and i can tell u 3 months before EU servers came to US they banned over 100 accounts, the chinese teams and macro kids are just getting smarter than the EA CSR's!

So cut the whine, this has happened to Ywain since the ml10 weap/armor boost!

said like true ML10 loot stealer (which if you go with a few fg is fair enough)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
It is a cesspit I agree but you have to love it in a weird kind of way.

Remember on prydwen how we loved the place so much we got all upset when the kids started stealing relics at will?

Now I don't give a flying fuck what happens. Seriously just stop caring. The game has no nostalgic history any more - this is a new server with a new style of game learn to like it and hate it. There is absolutely no chance it is going to change for you so you have to adapt in some way.

The good thing is that the CSRs do listen and so enough protests will bring changes. So protest and complain but most of all just play it as a game. It is a good game but other things can take precedence like having a nice beer in the garden on a sunny day.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
People used to pull this sort of stunt on Pryd too. Mob jacking etc when ToA first came out. Trying to get anyone to do anything about it from GOA was exactly the same so it's not exactly a 'US phenomenon'; It's about people wanting stuff enough to do things like that.

ML10 is a completely different PvE ruleset iirc so either live with it or buy the ML10 weapons / armour or sit in the garden drinking beer (I opt for the last).

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
said like true ML10 loot stealer (which if you go with a few fg is fair enough)

So u are gonna call me a lootstealer ?

Thats the most funny thing i have ever heard, i have always been a player there have followed the CoD, been a part of E&E on exc for a short while, been doing plenty of DR on exc in old days.. so i guess u blame the wrong person here! and clearly have no idea about who i am!

and i have been on plenty of ML10 raids on Ywain with no lootstealers! maybe depends on who there leads the BG!

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
People used to pull this sort of stunt on Pryd too. Mob jacking etc when ToA first came out. Trying to get anyone to do anything about it from GOA was exactly the same so it's not exactly a 'US phenomenon'; It's about people wanting stuff enough to do things like that.

ML10 is a completely different PvE ruleset iirc so either live with it or buy the ML10 weapons / armour or sit in the garden drinking beer (I opt for the last).

i agree with u! if ppl dont accept the pve ruleset in a pvpzone, they should just farm plats or buy from the chinesteams then they dont have to worry about lootstealing irc kids

Everz

FH is my second home
Theqqinc has quit though so that pretty much any legit mid ML10 gone out the window though Eyez.

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Theqqinc has quit though so that pretty much any legit mid ML10 gone out the window though Eyez.

thats not the first time he has quit this year :)

But the game aint much fun anymore so i understand him. i have been thinking about the same for a few days

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Suppose other thing is there is no real server community, with everyone being blowins from other servers. In the olden days, on unclustered servers, loot stealing would have made your name mud very quicky. Here no one knows anyone anyhow and no one cares too much.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Leading an ml10 raid is easy if abit taxing , just need an idea pf what your doing and a celestial compass , public bg's are taxing tho :(

All it takes is 1 guy in 1 of the groups to not be in the bg and looting system is fucked over

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Suppose other thing is there is no real server community, with everyone being blowins from other servers. In the olden days, on unclustered servers, loot stealing would have made your name mud very quicky. Here no one knows anyone anyhow and no one cares too much.

While that's all true I do remember some people not caring that much when ToA came out and mob jacking (as opposed to loot jacking) and Pryd was hardly the largest server out there.

All it needs is a couple of twats and it looks like an epidemic.

Everz

FH is my second home
thats not the first time he has quit this year :)

But the game aint much fun anymore so i understand him. i have been thinking about the same for a few days

Thats true, but he was stripping his toons on his last ml10 raid so probably the last time ;p.

Come Uthgard, it's quite scary to see groups of people running around salisbury plains etc. Seems like a good form of community here also, anyone groups with anyone.

Reminds me huge of the DAoC of past.

GReaper

Part of the furniture

I think it's more a case that when you add uber loot to a game which everyone needs (nobody absolutely needs it, but people feel as if they do), then you end up with people from the same realm fighting against each other just to get the drops.

Mythic created a game where everyone was supposed to be fighting for a common cause (for the realm!), but ended up creating a system where a realm has to fight against each other just to get the items they want.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I think it's more a case that when you add uber loot to a game which everyone needs (nobody absolutely needs it, but people feel as if they do), then you end up with people from the same realm fighting against each other just to get the drops.

Mythic created a game where everyone was supposed to be fighting for a common cause (for the realm!), but ended up creating a system where a realm has to fight against each other just to get the items they want.

Everyone either feels that they need it or are entitled or deserve or what ever. I'm not arguing either way but I'm pointing out that this isn't a US only thing and we've seen it in the past on small servers that supposedly had the best community ever (Prydwen).

Afran

Part of the furniture
I avoid raids as I do not need them, so I suppose that nullifies a lot of your points from my perspective. As far as RvR goes, it does kind of suck that you either need to 8v8, play a skald/bard/minstrel, or play a stealther. Luckily I duo with a skald. :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
On Camlann you could gank the other group, then kill the mob which is still a bit shitty, but it's also kind of fair. I think for 40 people to be doing an ML10 run and for some MOF5 caster to come along and get all the loot is unfair.

Everz

FH is my second home
That was part of Camlann though, wiping ML raids or logging a lvl 1 char to steal Malice Axe was all part of the way the server was. On a RvR server it shouldn't be.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
you want to check on multibox groups just head for PoC. the place is infested, we (5 of us) tried to do an xp run in there a while back and it was just trains of bots.

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Thats true, but he was stripping his toons on his last ml10 raid so probably the last time ;p.

Come Uthgard, it's quite scary to see groups of people running around salisbury plains etc. Seems like a good form of community here also, anyone groups with anyone.

Reminds me huge of the DAoC of past.

Im starting on a new job tomorrow, but in the weekend i will start play Uthgard freeshard with u Everz :) what realm are we gonna play ? hib with grp purge ? :)

Everz

FH is my second home
I'm on alb side mate, thought be fun to try out. Give a yell whenever mate :D.

br1te

Loyal Freddie
PvE aside, as i dont give a shit about PvE..... the same applies to RvR, people will do anything to get that holy rp. There are no reputations anymore because nobody knows who anyone is or what server they came from.

Is getting dull.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
PvE aside, as i dont give a shit about PvE..... the same applies to RvR, people will do anything to get that holy rp. There are no reputations anymore because nobody knows who anyone is or what server they came from.

Is getting dull.

That's the point ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom