Your worst RVR experience

sko

Loyal Freddie
[Alliance]Groborthire: "rofl, aldoran and bite grappled me on 5%, next thing to happens is that i nuke all hp back and an alb group runs by and zergs aldoran"

HAHA

Chamie

Loyal Freddie
Lyrra said:
We had a sorc but they got mezzes in first three times. The time our mincer used SOS I was dead already :(

I guess there's not much I can expect against a grp of RR7+, but not getting a single nuke off was grim :(

I hope NF arrives soon and makes this game truly realm vs realm (read that as zerg vs zerg if you like).

OMFG stfu? tt

fg vs fg is the way to play this game if u think anything else go home

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
This one time at RvR camp, i got arse fucked by 28 albs

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Chamie said:
OMFG stfu? tt

is fg vs. fg the way to play this game? why is it called "Realm versus Realm" then? and not "1 full group players versus 1 full group players" i wonder..

and the omfg stfu? tt was uncalled for, yet it fits perfectly to your reply, so "OMFG stfu? tt"

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Blackstuff said:
My scout getting killed by some sb (well, half killed cause I jumped from batts when he popped on me :) ) and then getting a pm via irc telling me that he was res sick and unbuffed.

The shame of it. :D

Who would that happen to be? ;)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Blackstuff said:
My scout getting killed by some sb (well, half killed cause I jumped from batts when he popped on me :) ) and then getting a pm via irc telling me that he was res sick and unbuffed.

The shame of it. :D

I remembered that ;)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
worst rvr experience was over 2 years ago with my level 35 cleric ... we had a guildevent and we were 3 fg+ heading to beno to retake it. Some level 50 most not ... no-one properly buffed no-one properly templated etc ... and then we got mezzed by a fg of hibs near aqua and all of us got mowed down by what I would later regocnize was an assist train :p

I decided I'd never RvR again ... took me a couple of months to go out into a frontier again

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
"Singing" on a relic raid in main chat and pulling relic keep guards

Wasnt so popular, strange :( Was piss drunk, so I got a excuse ;p

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Chamie said:
OMFG stfu? tt

Asshole. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then fuck off out of this thread.

As many say, it's realm versus realm, not counterstrike with swords.

I want proper large scale battles which last, not small skirmishes that are over in the blink of an eye.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Osri said:
Guess u were in those albs who we met today...we had several high rr chars in grp...not like usually low rr random grp beats high rr one. Can but high rr ones certainly have advantage. :mad:

I don't mind the RR/experience difference as such, but not getting one nuke off in three fights was demoralising :(

Let me nuke you once next time :D

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
`mongoose said:
If I see PE / Eclipse Deathspam I tend to wander over to HW or Odins and look for action there, if more randoms did the same I think we would all have a lot more fun ;)

'Squish

I think I'll try doing the same.

I guess the only concern is that if the uber groups follow the randoms to odins/hw then we're in the same position. Hopefully they will realise that the only way to make randoms stay is to let them have some fun too. Of course I'm not suggesting they let people live, but the urge to go to Odin's/HW could be held off for a little while if Emain is quiet :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
The problem with pick-up groups isn't the lower RR, it's not knowing the people you're grouped with. It's better to rvr with a core of 4+ people who play regularly and then fill the group. At worst, you'll die slower than you do in random groups in which half the people are either not SC'd, playing a friend's account, talking on IRC or generally not contributing to the group :p

NF should liven things up, if only to break the geographical containment of rvr.

Worst experience was probably realising I had to retire my infil until I had a buffbot... and a year later I have the bot but don't have time to make a ToA SC :x

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
My worst experience... Getting stealthzerged, killed by fg or FZ'ed to death EVERY single time in emain. Does that count? ;o

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Lyrra said:
I think I'll try doing the same.

I guess the only concern is that if the uber groups follow the randoms to odins/hw then we're in the same position. Hopefully they will realise that the only way to make randoms stay is to let them have some fun too. Of course I'm not suggesting they let people live, but the urge to go to Odin's/HW could be held off for a little while if Emain is quiet :)

So move again :)

I have the utmost respect for the high rr guilds who run fg vs fg but it doesn't mean i want to play by their rules. I simply wait for whoever they are to find us and kill as many albs/hibs as I can until they do - then I port emain or run odins or go where they aren't and do the same :)

It normally works - altho I remember my first guild rvr night when we went odins - ran into eclipse, emain and pe, then emain and eclipse, finally we went odins again and ran into.... pe - that was a short night, but it felt like a long one for some reason :p

'Squish

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
the usual, get a grp going, gear up etc. takes like 15-20 minutes. Roam emain for 1.5 hour with less then 1fg non-stealthers out and about 70 mids in emain.

Give us like 30-40 more active alb rvr players and twice as many hibs rvr players.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Worst part was realising Emain was taken over by loads of counterstrike players like this guy:

>fg vs fg is the way to play this game if u think anything else go home

Just think of the idea that he actually things 8 vs 8 battles in a zone with no restrictions on how many players zone in should be the norm....sigh :roll eyes:

Second let down in RvR is the 15 sec battles when two 8 man groups clash that leaves you with no sense of accomplishment whether you win or loose.

But hopefully that will change with NF :D

Khazar

Fledgling Freddie
my worst rvr experience... when i met a healer near druim ligen (i was with my chanter + underhill ally pet) omg interminable fight, we were fighting for 15mins, my pet healing me, and he with his instas stuff... finally a hib fg helped me of fall asleep

(ofc i tried to quickcast stun+pbaoe etc, but lol, its a pain when u r unbuffed and nuke for 300(-300) or like that)

Swebully

Fledgling Freddie
Like everytime i try to solo in emain...and believe me ive been there odd hours..
if it isnt strafing infils or mincers its the usual 4vs1 situation..

blackshadow

Fledgling Freddie
hmm must be that one time in Odins , bot went ld , no buffs (which really sucks for a koby sb) and i saw that lonely cleric ...

So there i go , lag , miss pa,he prolly used every possible insta, was smart enough not to hit with main weapon so i couldn't get stun in and then he moc/smited me to death :clap:

Nice show but very humiliating ;)

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
I think the way to play this game is fg vs fg. Sure, huge battles with loads and loads of people could be funky, but with this engine those kinda battles mainly is a lagfest, no matter what PC you have.
It's not that hard to make your own little "gankgroup" if you only have the patience, you don't turn into some RR10 murdersquad overnight, it takes time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom