1966 Shelby 427 Cobra

0510-carroll-shelby-subasset2-1.jpg

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Indeed, why settle for 3 ;)
The 429 is awesome! very very rare though :/

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Problem with the Boss Mustangs is provenance, most of the ones still in existence are actually fakes, especially the 429 in your picture (they made less than a 1000 429s and less than 2000 351s, so a lot of fakes are converted 302s). One of the few American cars I'd actually want in my garage though.

TR3 is genuinely one of the most uncomfortable cars I've driven. Not a car to own if you value your spine. For a similar vintage I'd suggest the Austin-Healey 100-6; its a much nicer car.
800px-Austin-healey_100-6_bn4_vyy420_arp.jpg

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I'd also gladly have, mostly because it's a true icon
Chevrolet%20Corvette%201958%20commons.jpg

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I'm not much into cars but there are some nice ones around...

Dodge Charger
1969-Dodge-Charger.jpg
Lamborghini Countach (large image)
4889427987_27a5e143af_o.jpg
And pretty much anything that looks something like this
vintage_car_or_near_vintage.jpg

Vintage cars are nice, but I cant get this piece of beauty out of my head.
Ford Mustang Shelby GT... white, without stripes (Yes, I prefer the new model)
2012-09-07160351.jpg

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
TR3 is genuinely one of the most uncomfortable cars I've driven. Not a car to own if you value your spine. For a similar vintage I'd suggest the Austin-Healey 100-6; its a much nicer car.

If it was about the ride you could also exclude most of the British Classics like the E-Type, MG GBT, TRanything... All were pretty lousy rides for your back :) Still damned fine looking cars and fun to drive, even if for a short time only. A Barrister friend of mine owned an E-Type and I drove it quite a few times, fun but not exactly comfortable.

Thought this was about looks anyway.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Hawkwind said:
If it was about the ride you could also exclude most of the British Classics like the E-Type, MG GBT, TRanything... All were pretty lousy rides for your back :) Still damned fine looking cars and fun to drive, even if for a short time only. A Barrister friend of mine owned an E-Type and I drove it quite a few times, fun but not exactly comfortable.

Thought this was about looks anyway.

I know that (I used to work for a classic car magazine), but the TR3 is a particularly extreme example. MGs actually ride quite well as it happens as does an e-type. The TRs had this "hairy chested" macho thing going on which basically meant no suspension and heavy steering (for a sports car). To be honest if I was going to get a classic Triumph I'd get a GT6. My first car was a Spitfire and I always wanted to "graduate" to the GT6. Instead I got fixated on Italian cars instead, which never ends well.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I know that (I used to work for a classic car magazine), but the TR3 is a particularly extreme example. MGs actually ride quite well as it happens as does an e-type. The TRs had this "hairy chested" macho thing going on which basically meant no suspension and heavy steering (for a sports car). To be honest if I was going to get a classic Triumph I'd get a GT6. My first car was a Spitfire and I always wanted to "graduate" to the GT6. Instead I got fixated on Italian cars instead, which never ends well.

There is one for sale in Denmark for £13347,45 ;)
http://www.bilbasen.dk/brugt/bil/tr...content=dybt+link&utm_campaign=Sjældne+biler

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom