Your standard - Damn I miss the good ol' times Thread -

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Been brousing through the threads here on FH and...damn I miss all the good times in Daoc. I miss the late nights of PVE, I miss the great nights of RvR and I more than anything miss all the people.

How nice it would be if just a portion of the people who inhabited Dyvet before would return again...

Well you've heard it all before. I just wanted to say that there are more of us who miss Dyvet out here!;)

WAR isnt Daoc, WoW isnt Daoc, German cluster is Daoc but it isnt Dyvet, and again damn I miss the Good Ol´days on Dyvet!;)

So how are things on Dyvet now? Is it still fun enough to play if you actually do enjoy both rvr and pve?
Or does it feel more like a ghost town with the tumbleweed rolling by?

With my best regards

/Charmangle

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
standard thread... yes, you where always very unoriginal nicho. i mean... tolkien names?!

( :D )

Jollz

Loyal Freddie
Gah givf rvr and Team Conclave and Coo Coo :) i miss you chaps :wub:

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
standard thread... yes, you where always very unoriginal nicho. i mean... tolkien names?!

( :D )

Awwwweeee...!;) You still scrounging around on these forums Natty!:)

Bahumbug...You're just jelous I took them leaving you with some swetty ol'names!;) Tolkien is dah shit ya know megamaight!:)
Oh and its sooo fun to hear you putting your tounge in a bundle trying to pronounciate those names!;)

Hope all is well with ya!

And giif back the good ol´daocing!:)

/Charmangle

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
RvR in Dyvet = you have to light a tower on fire to get someone out and play, wich means all fights are around towers and everyone on the server will be in the same place. If you go looking for a fight somewhere else all you will find is the famous tumbleweed. Good if you like small fights, but bad if you hate fights centered around a tower. Occationally the fights are good and challenging. As when me and Rolv took on a fg of albs and they started dropping like flies around him, and when we logged our rr2 berserker+thane and almost beat a rr10 hero and rr5 vw duo. Have in mind that you cant always play your high rr char, cause then you skew out the balance of the realms and all enemies will just log off. Low rr fights are fun though (reminds me of BGs), when people running around without templates and you dont really need any arties, MLs or anything. Just level a char to 50 (goes really fast these days, and I mean really fast, it's insane) and grab what you find in your vaults and marketplace.

PvE = Great when the weekly ML raid is arranged. There's usually other guildies online when I'm on, so dont need to solo. Also when there's so few online in each realms the /advice channel is almost like a /gu in itself. It's almost like whole Midgard is one guild. ;)

Kados

Loyal Freddie
Doesnt seem all that hard to find a fight. Slowly more is rejoining the server. Couple of days ago I was actually sacked between both albs and hibs

:clap:

Bring it back - the love

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Doesnt seem all that hard to find a fight. Slowly more is rejoining the server. Couple of days ago I was actually sacked between both albs and hibs

:clap:

Bring it back - the love
Yea I might've been playing a bit late, cause of that damn lag. I hate globalcrossing. Today I heard there was 21 mids on /who all. Wish I could play earlier. And I hope globalcrossing will fix their thing in Frankfurt or get a better place to route it cause it's really been sucky lately. Getting 260-460 ping when I'm used to 40. Hell I get better ping to the US servers, there I get 100 wich is np to play with.

It drops to 80-90 every night at 0130, just after the action is gone! Bet they do it just to piss me off.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Gonne start on the German cluster soon again. Come join the funz0r!

aika

Can't get enough of FH
cant, at uni, only my laptop here - so can play only on weekends
also no time :(

Blake

Fledgling Freddie
hmm

War isn't daoc , but daoc wasn't what it has become over the years to.

I guess, give it some time , a little patience and it will become fun to play WAR .

I don't think dyvet will once live again , not even for a short time people got tired of the game and wanted a new universe; else they would all be back already.

DaoC is over and done its time to give WAR the chance it diserve's .

once 11L4 pac-healer regards :cheers:

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Well, daoc on the german servers isnt the same as good ol' dyvet no, the rvr is BETTER!!

German servers alone looking for pugs=shitty
German servers solo play=hard but doable
German server with a grp or in a solid guild/alliance=better then dyvet

Because u have stuff for every1, unlike on dyvet where the 8v8 grps wanted fights all over, on the german servers the 8v8 zone moves around so ppl can get their clean fights, in all other zones its FFA red its dead mentality.

Also very active frontier with keep takes, roaming zergs, relic raids, and normal 8 man grps(non 8v8 guilds) roaming.

If u take a good day in the zerg zone u will have permanent 8 v 8 fights vs pugs/less opted grps. But then again on a bad day u will get outskilled by 5 times ur own numbers.

If i had the choise to play on the german servers or on a alive and kicking dyvet id play on the german server without any doubt.

Valg

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well, daoc on the german servers isnt the same as good ol' dyvet no, the rvr is BETTER!!

German servers alone looking for pugs=shitty
German servers solo play=hard but doable
German server with a grp or in a solid guild/alliance=better then dyvet

Because u have stuff for every1, unlike on dyvet where the 8v8 grps wanted fights all over, on the german servers the 8v8 zone moves around so ppl can get their clean fights, in all other zones its FFA red its dead mentality.

Also very active frontier with keep takes, roaming zergs, relic raids, and normal 8 man grps(non 8v8 guilds) roaming.

If u take a good day in the zerg zone u will have permanent 8 v 8 fights vs pugs/less opted grps. But then again on a bad day u will get outskilled by 5 times ur own numbers.

If i had the choise to play on the german servers or on a alive and kicking dyvet id play on the german server without any doubt.

Valg

Aha so the german Cluster is still alive Valg?

/Charmangle

War isn't daoc , but daoc wasn't what it has become over the years to.

I guess, give it some time , a little patience and it will become fun to play WAR .

I don't think dyvet will once live again , not even for a short time people got tired of the game and wanted a new universe; else they would all be back already.

DaoC is over and done its time to give WAR the chance it diserve's .
once 11L4 pac-healer regards :cheers:

Yea I agree mate!:) WAR has potential, and we should really give it a chance. And I am...its just I still do miss the good ol times in DaoC at this moment!:)

/Charmangle

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie

/Charmangle

/QUOTE]

Its very much alive yes, yesterday was some of the highest numbers ive seen online since our daoc comeback after WAR, think there were around 16-1700 ppl online at 21. with 8 grps signed in the 8v8 zone, massive alb zerg roaming and some irvr in mid.

For us it was the worst night in a long while but that wasnt due to the game it was due to silly internet connection problems:(

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie

/Charmangle

/QUOTE]

Its very much alive yes, yesterday was some of the highest numbers ive seen online since our daoc comeback after WAR, think there were around 16-1700 ppl online at 21. with 8 grps signed in the 8v8 zone, massive alb zerg roaming and some irvr in mid.

For us it was the worst night in a long while but that wasnt due to the game it was due to silly internet connection problems:(

and the bard rep you had for the first part of the night...

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Awwwweeee...!;) You still scrounging around on these forums Natty!:)

Bahumbug...You're just jelous I took them leaving you with some swetty ol'names!;) Tolkien is dah shit ya know megamaight!:)
Oh and its sooo fun to hear you putting your tounge in a bundle trying to pronounciate those names!;)

Hope all is well with ya!

And giif back the good ol´daocing!:)

/Charmangle

check these forums from time to time. haven't made the transition to the WAR forums yet :)

i can't say that i miss DAoC all that much. WAR is pretty fun although i've had some thoughts of trying it out again.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Gah givf rvr and Team Conclave and Coo Coo :) i miss you chaps :wub:
Jollz!!!!!!!111one111123211!!!! you're alive you fackin-RLbusy-got-a-life/woman/sheep-absent-caaaant, we miss joo too so get on my vent one evening and come get some of the abuse you KNOW you've been missing :wub:

TC is active on Eight-Peaks with most of the original RvR group and lots of new friends too. We're in the NFD alliance (with TT aswell) so lots of old friends in alliance chat - mad that an old mid, hib AND alb guilds all together but it works good :)

Just FYI Jollz, Nate is still... well... Nate... so a cnut of extraordinary proportions, Skar is still alive (much to Nate's disbelief), Tes is still chasing (imaginary) speedwarps, hitting the wrong targets and being blonde, Perly is still alive and well murdering stuff, Feydigi is now a dwarf shaped piece of granite supa-tank, Ovron still thinks we need his healing (pfft ;)) and Szwok is on an emo-sabatical ;)

As Charmangle said, its still not the same as Dyvet RvR was... I don't think anything ever will be but WAR can be something different. What WAR needs is a New Frontiers but i doubt that will come for another 6-12 months tho. I still think WAR has LOTS of potential tho and with the recent changes it IS getting better imo especially with the new RvR influence system getting more and more ppl into open RvR :)

Nate

FH is my second home
Fuck off jollz you ****, no one likes you anymore Feydigi is better then you.

I often think back to the good old daoc days :( Would be great to see some life come back to the game, move Dyvet chars to Origins imo!

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
I miss you Nate :(
You can have him ;) we've been trying to ditch him for years - all he does is talk incoherant bollox on vent and abuse ppl while the rest of us are sweetly spoken and smelling of roses ;);)

Nate

FH is my second home
You can have him ;) we've been trying to ditch him for years - all he does is talk incoherant bollox on vent and abuse ppl while the rest of us are sweetly spoken and smelling of roses ;);)
Theres as much truth in that statement as there is Sun where you come from.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
As Charmangle said, its still not the same as Dyvet RvR was... I don't think anything ever will be but WAR can be something different. What WAR needs is a New Frontiers but i doubt that will come for another 6-12 months tho. I still think WAR has LOTS of potential tho and with the recent changes it IS getting better imo especially with the new RvR influence system getting more and more ppl into open RvR :)

that might be the result for order but for destruction i can't say that the patch has brought much good. i think the RvR influence is a good idea but most of the destruction players have, in lack of better words, fucked it up completely. a majority of the warbands (about 8 out of 10) i've joined in the past three days (which is how long i've been playing with the patch) prefer PvE:ing keeps and battle objectives to fighting the order forces when they are around. they actually go out of their way avoid running into order players and only seem to "connect" when there is nothing left to PvE. in some way i can understand it since order has been outnumbering destruction in the warbands i've joined but it's getting really pathetic.

this is my experience from T2 and T3. T1 seem to be abit more focused on fighting order (if you can use the word "focused" to describe T1 destruction...) and i've yet to try T4 (and i doubt i will get to try it for a long while, lvl:ing 6 different chars takes ages :D )

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Swings and roundabouts I guess Nata... In the T4 ORvR i've done in the last few days destro have massively outnumbered Order and we've been zerged to hell and back lol. I've hardly done any T2 or T3 in a few days but when I did venture into T3 the numbers were pretty equal.

The main problem imo is that there is still no real incentive to DEFEND (or claim) a keep so yeah you do get the zergs all moving in a steady flow of 1 side takes a keep, move to next keep while the other side takes back teh first keep then rinse/repeat while going through the BO's - it seems like a steady flow of both sides farming inf/gold bags etc.

This was why I said above we need a WAR New Frontiers... WAR is slowly getting more of the features that made DAOC so damn good and im all for it as tbh why reinvent the wheel... DAOC's RvR may not have been perfect but it was still the best I've ever seen so the more things they bring from it into WAR the better. Typical example i'll use is the RP reward for a successful keep defense. In WAR this could ofc be a RP/inf reward but also successfully defending could give loot bags scaling with how long/large the defense was. Another idea Mythic should take from DAOC is the scaling of keeps... let claimed keeps be upgraded so they dont have the paper thin crappy doors they have now, more siege points, upgradeable guards etc. This needn't mean major artistic upgrades but small fluff upgrades visually but this would give much more reason to defend a keep and instill some much needed "realm pride" rather than the current situation of "progressional keep/BO zerging".

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Swings and roundabouts I guess Nata... In the T4 ORvR i've done in the last few days destro have massively outnumbered Order and we've been zerged to hell and back lol. I've hardly done any T2 or T3 in a few days but when I did venture into T3 the numbers were pretty equal.

The main problem imo is that there is still no real incentive to DEFEND (or claim) a keep so yeah you do get the zergs all moving in a steady flow of 1 side takes a keep, move to next keep while the other side takes back teh first keep then rinse/repeat while going through the BO's - it seems like a steady flow of both sides farming inf/gold bags etc.

This was why I said above we need a WAR New Frontiers... WAR is slowly getting more of the features that made DAOC so damn good and im all for it as tbh why reinvent the wheel... DAOC's RvR may not have been perfect but it was still the best I've ever seen so the more things they bring from it into WAR the better. Typical example i'll use is the RP reward for a successful keep defense. In WAR this could ofc be a RP/inf reward but also successfully defending could give loot bags scaling with how long/large the defense was. Another idea Mythic should take from DAOC is the scaling of keeps... let claimed keeps be upgraded so they dont have the paper thin crappy doors they have now, more siege points, upgradeable guards etc. This needn't mean major artistic upgrades but small fluff upgrades visually but this would give much more reason to defend a keep and instill some much needed "realm pride" rather than the current situation of "progressional keep/BO zerging".

i'm not all for that "new frontier" thingie since i liked DAoC OF way more than DAoC NF but one thing i definitly agree with is that they should implement a similar system as DAoC has for keep siege. that the rps and xp contributes into a pool which is then handed out to the winning team, be it the defenders or the attackers. i would really like to see that change so there's more RvR and less PvE in the RvR-zones.

(by the way, sorry for bringing WAR stuff to the DAoC section...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom