Your questions answered???

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by Jupitus, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Folks! In partnership with GOA, Freddyshouse will soon be sending an elected representative to meet and greet GOA staff and game developers at a Warhammer press event. This gives YOU an opportunity to get some direct feedback about how the game is coming along and what news there is hot from the press and from the mouths of the horses, so to speak.

This thread is here for you to post your questions which our representative will try to find answers on during the event... please bear in mind that some questions might not be answered if they are still clouded in Mythic Mystery, but for anything else, you post and we will try to find out!

Any unrelated posts WILL be removed ;)

2. Amelyn

Amelyn Fledgling Freddie

3 quickies..

1. When do we get to know the last Career!?!?
    2. When can we expect some info on crafting?
    3. Will items have LVL-requirements?

3. SoulSoldier

SoulSoldier Fledgling Freddie

when can we expect a full skills list for each career?

has the subscription fee been fixed yet?

4. Downanael

Downanael Fledgling Freddie

1. Can you claim and upgrade keeps? Will there be NPC guards?
    2.Any better date than "later" for guild beta?

5. Bubble

Bubble Can't get enough of FH

#1 The 'Tank' Architect class in almost all MMORPG's (including Daoc) have always been more difficult to level, poor compaired to other Architect's at PvP due to poor defensive abilities in PvP (Bodyguard in Daoc helped... but was given to Hybrids too) and poor DPS. Is the WAR tank doomed to walk this unfortunate path too or can you give us some insight into how you've looked into this and maybe some examples of abilities we can look forward too.

Sorry if its already been answered in another FAQ, i must have missed it.

6. Cerbos

Cerbos Fledgling Freddie

1. Will the enviroment change depending on the weather?
    2. When will you drop the NDA?
    3. Could we expect another delay?

7. cHodAX

cHodAX I am a FH squatter

Any chance of earmarking a server name/naes for the existing/former DAoC players from the English/French/German servers so that we all know where to find each other on day one of retail? I am sure an awful lot of loyal customers would feel reassured if GOA and Mythic could help us out on because there is currently alot of concern in the community with regards to this. Alot of people want to be organised and know what they are doing, where their friends are right from the start.

8. GReaper

GReaper Resident Freddy

Will character transfers between servers be implemented for release?

We all know of the horrors with huge MMORPG games having far too many players on certain servers on release making them impossible to play on. Will WAR be any different?

9. Chrismorris

Chrismorris Fledgling Freddie

What has been the most challanging thing you have done, on the warhammer online project?

and

Will WAR have any server events that happen every year, and will WAR have unlockable mini pets? (that only run next to you.)

10. Ganethis

Ganethis Fledgling Freddie

three quickies as well.

1. The Launch mechanism from the orc lubba, is that actually going to be ingame, (launching yourself or other players from catapults)

2. When you die, what happens then? you spawn at a certain spot or how so?

3. since the carrier masteries still is under dev. is there any way to see/get a better view of them (learning about it) than the current written text from the newsletter.

11. Mabs

Mabs J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

few that come to mind, may be more later :eek:

1- will all the same race start in the same place ? (please god no more lethantis association 500 mile run to find friends)
    2- death penalty. how is this working out, xp loss, xp debt, item damage, ?
    3- do we know how many servers there will be for each EU language, and how many GMs per language/server/server farm/whatever ? and what system is being put in for ingame support?
    4- do GOA have any intention of actually ENFORCING a naming policy this time round ? wasnt really done in daoc, and isnt done in other games really
    5- are there any plans to put in content that only about 5% of the population are going to see ? (hello blizzards raid design tards)

12. Lexa

Lexa Fledgling Freddie

1. Will we be able to use Paypal or Game Time Cards to pay for the subs?
    2. Will crafted gear be better/comparable/worse than loot?
    3. What plans are there to satisfy those that like to tweak there characters stats to get max performance, will we be able to enchant player crafted equipment for example?
    4. To what level will game mechanic formulas be made publicly available to help us figure out the best possible template, dps etc?
    5. If I was to develop a third party character planner would I be able to get the information on skill trees once they are finalised?
    6. What plans do you have for xml type UI’s
    7. How does a tier 40 grouping with a tier 10 effect the xp distribution?
    8. How you do plan to help opposing forces find each other in the large RvR areas?
    9. How do you propose to tackle corpse camping in the Open RvR worlds?
    10. Will there be anything akin to res sickness?

Lastly and most importantly

11. Will you give all the Regular Freddies access to beta?

13. Bahumat

Bahumat FH is my second home

Will certain high level mobs spawn in unrelated places? iirc some weird demon queen thingy used to randomly spawn in DF. I thought it had a chance to spawn when DF was taken over by another realm. The mobs kicked ass.

In WoW there was some crazy huge mob who every so often turned up near major cities and everyone had to help kill it.

Is there going to be any random events like this which happen every 1 or 2 months maybe?

14. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Just a side note - we MAY have a new competition with beta keys as prizes in the near future - stay tuned to FreddysHouse for updates!!;)

15. Kremlik

Kremlik Fledgling Freddie

In the begining when the skill system was first introduced it was mentioned that not matter what you did you could only obtain a set number of skills for the vast number of skills on offer, since the introducion of the Mastary System has that changed at all?

Also with the skill systems how often/freely will players be offered to 'respec' their characters, if at all? If so would would be a likly cost or task to do this?

How close are you to revealing the crafting system and how important is it compeared to loot? Are seige weapons included in the crafting process?

Are Chaos Chickens still in? Can they actally do damage?

How will you combat the flaws of the instance PVP systems out there in regrauds to fixed matches where one side has a preagreement with the other to lose the match for rewards? Will organised group play vs ramdon inviting become a factor?

If the facton sides are heavily one sided are you considering ajusting the faction rewards/buffs to make the war 'fair'? By this I mean lower the reward for the winning faction if it is the heavy loaded side and increase it for the lower pop side and visa versa for the debuff if they is one.

16. Bahumat

Bahumat FH is my second home

Are there going to be mobs immune to damage types? if a monster was immune to fire, it'd be a little unfair on a Bright Wizard. or will classes like Bright Wizards have spells which are not heat based?

17. Lexa

Lexa Fledgling Freddie

Will WAR support resolutions upto 2560x1600 (My 30" monitor just arrived)

18. Dervish

Dervish Fledgling Freddie

Will Mythic/GOA implement internet web support for your characters similar to WoW? For example viewing your characters talent tree, spec points etc.

In a similar vein will there be a usable and standardised xml or similar output for use in 3rd party websites to show game stats from the "state of the war" right down to individual character stats?

Thank you.

19. GReaper

GReaper Resident Freddy

Will the Euro side be advertised more effectively this time?

After seeing sites such as Fileplanet only carrying the US demo of DAoC, will there be any changes to ensure that Euro players are actually directed to European servers? Some of the Mythic online advertising has been decent in the past, but it's pointless if people are going to be directed to the wrong servers!

Far too many Euro players have started playing on US servers from the demo because of people simply not knowing about the EU side.

20. Smeghead

Smeghead Fledgling Freddie

Hrm I can only think of one -

Is there race-specific skills or spells in WAR? (No I'm not talking about the tactic sort)

Thanks.

21. Mcflury

Mcflury Fledgling Freddie

a few questions I've been wondering about:
    -Will we be able to have last names, if yes, will they be optional or not?
    -Will we be able to duel our comrades (to see what damage output we have or just for fun)
    -Will we get a free period of playing time when we order the game? (so aside of the pre-order (which gets you straight into beta anyways), will we get like a 14day trial (or a month) when we buy the game?
    -will the game only be buyable in real shops, or will it be possible to just give you lot some money and simply download the game from a site?
    -will there be an epileptic warning when you start the game? (not that I'm sensitive to epileptic seizures, but I've noticed I usually really like games that have those epileptic seizure warnings :) (because of all the cool bright flashes and stuff...) )
    -will their be a difference in the ToK between 'kills' and 'solo-kills' like there was in DAoC, and if it is recorded seperatly idd, will we be able to make solo-kills whilest grouped? (because in daoc I found it very annoying when I was grouped and killed a guy completely on my own, but it still didn't count as a solo-kill because I was grouped)
    -can you explain how exactly you'll make sure the person with the 'best' equipment isn't automatically the one winning, as in WoW?

those are about the questions I have for now... hope I'll see some answers, and have fun in Paris :)

22. Nate

Nate FH is my second home

1. Is it Damini that's going?
    2. Is the WAR-Euro site being re-designed without Flash?
    3. Is the payment system going to be the same rubbish one used for DAoC?
    4. Will Damini get stabilizers for her shaky hand cam?
    5. Will there be a Rockband contest between GOA and Mythic?
    6. Can I have Paul Barnett's babies?
    7. Why is the Press Meeting in Paris/France when the GOA HQ is in Ireland?

23. Mcflury

Mcflury Fledgling Freddie

press meeting is probably in paris instead of ireland since they're most likely gonna visit a few european countries (so they'll probably also visit germany later and stuff). Thing is that not everybody feels like traveling to ireland for a press meeting.

24. Binky the Bomb

Binky the Bomb Fledgling Freddie

Ok, just a few from myself:

1. Are the servers going to be with reliable service providers this time, and will they be properly stress tested before it goes live?
    2. Will there be a clear definition between a class being overpowered and a players lack of skill when it comes round to rebalancing?
    3. Will the customer services be ran by mythic (as a seperate entity to EA) or through EA's ungodly website? And if so will we have a proper european site to handle issues on this side of the planet? (Also known as the 'real world)'
    4. Cake or Pie?
    5. Will you be working closely with Games Workshop to keep to the spirit of the game? Or will you be raping their vision of the old world to suit the corporate investors?

*Please feel free to edit as appropriate, whilst keeping the 'spirit' of the question intact*

25. throdgrain

throdgrain FH is my second home

Will any of the characters have to wear skis when asleep?

26. Nate

Nate FH is my second home

8. Will Paul be going down the Coal Mine as a publicity stunt for the Dwarves, and Northern reasons?

27. throdgrain

throdgrain FH is my second home

Will there be any chicken wah dinners at any point?

• Like Like x 1
  28. Dukat

Dukat Resident Freddy

Will pointed headgear be issued with every game, or will we have to buy our own?

29. Deathsprit

Deathsprit Fledgling Freddie

i dont no if this Question has been asked.

will there be any kind of percentage on the Server selection screen to inform you of the balance between Order and Destruction?

and i would like to know more about what the crafting is like?