Your oppinion on RP for lowbies

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Ill give the example first to clarify what exactly i mean..

Once my Heretic became lvl 15, i was doing some quests when i heard over allience that Eras was under attack, after 3 deaths to fg hibs trying to get there, i superbly managed to swim around the back river near surs mountains and made it to eras.. Once inside , i hovered around a bit waiting for maybe 100 odd defense rp for being inside and lo and behold, someone had left his treb alone. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth i took control and started blasting away at the midgard owned tower.. Along comes my necro friend from my guild <We have this thing about defense rp to overpower our thid chars lol, sad i know but the abilities r nice> . After 10 mins of firing, i can only assume a buffbott inside the tower was not close enuf to a heal font and bang.. - You have killed ***** - u r awarded 1260 rp ..

1260 rp at lvl 15, which if not grped would have been double that ofc, were talking 2500rp for shooting a piece of seige and bcoz of the RR lvl difference in rp bonus.. Now after the initial WOOOOOOOOOOOT and pants wetting it suddenly dawned on me how utterly stupid this is, even if i do abuse it :p.

Its so ridiculously easy to just get 500 rp on a lvl 15+ char from just walking close to a keep battle in RvR these days , and tbh, like i said, even though i use this method myself, it shuldnt be allowed. Its stupid for thid and stupid for overpowering chars way too early. I could hit RR2 b4 im lvl 20 from soddin around in keeps alone on seige and oil, and with capped melee resists , max enhance and Pysical Defense 3 <12%> my heretic becomes a pve munster with prolly the same defense as an arms :( . And this shuldnt be , i know thisll piss Brokeninfil off <lol> but i really do hope they put a cap on the rp for these kills in a coming patch for low lvls b4 it gets out of hand, this would also reduce the people who farm alts on another account with thier lowbies for rp as theyd be risking too much for little reward ...

Anyway your oppinions on a postcard plz -

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Made 3 levels with my animist using a treb and some really lowbie shrooms (hitting for 6 damage each!) in 1 hour at Ailinne a month or so ago.

I don't see the problem with it though, you'd doing just as much good on that treb as a level 50 and nobody is forcing you to go there and fight.

However it'd perhaps be nice to have a /norp option for those that want to fight but still want to go through all the battlegrounds.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Actually thats a good valid point too m8. A hell of a lot of people i know prefer to play BG than real rvr now and have a lot of thid alts, most of which have to go through the agro of suiciding themselves every day to drop the xp so they dont ding 25 <Lol Brokeninfil again anyone> , agreed there shuld be a command u can use to stop gaining xp, turn it off and on like a filter. Perhaps someone shuld mail that one to mythic :D

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Just after cat release I saw a lvl 24 (or was it 34) who had gained 38k from
pouring oil in a few hours. I heard something about him starting on lvl 10.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Actually thats a good valid point too m8. A hell of a lot of people i know prefer to play BG than real rvr now and have a lot of thid alts, most of which have to go through the agro of suiciding themselves every day to drop the xp so they dont ding 25 <Lol Brokeninfil again anyone> , agreed there shuld be a command u can use to stop gaining xp, turn it off and on like a filter. Perhaps someone shuld mail that one to mythic :D

Imagine the powerlevelers, doing /noexp, leaving everything for the leeches
Dont see it happening...

I myself made 1 bub each mid killed in my group at level 24 - 37 in bigboy RvR... But I only got 40ish RP each, no matter if we were 4 or 8 people in the group... I even bought Perfect Recovery just to be able to res level 50 people ^^ as there is no level limit on that one

Belomar

Part of the furniture
So, let me get this straight--you found out that there was a way to bypass the RP cap by using siege engines in real RvR? This sounds like a bug, but it certainly isn't exploitable nor the major problem you make out to be. Simple solution is to not go to the frontiers if you really want to go through the battlegrounds, sheesh. And so what, if your Heretic gets PD3 early, it is hardly something others will demand to be nerfed. :rolleyes:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Since competing against high rr groups at low rr's is quite difficult (anyone else drowned in mezz due to not having purge?) I think this is actually a good thing. If you don't want to cap out bgs simply don't go out into 'proper' rvr.

The changes in RAs with NF means you need alot more points to be able to be even vaguely competitive in anything other than large scale battles so being able to earn rps 'early' is a good thing.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
it depends how im feeling somtimes i cant wait to go to thidranki and other times i just want to get to 50 without the hassle of thid.

Tower camping and getting rps that way is a good way of making them or in a keep defence.

A level 10 toon can interupt a lvl 50 just the same as everyone else, yes they DIE very vrey quickly and you have to have some considerate 50's willing to rez them ;)

at lvl 8 i had serenity and wildpower guess how easy leveling was :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Awarkle said:
A level 10 toon can interupt a lvl 50 just the same as everyone else
Wrong. Your chance to interrupt is modified by your level. For a hands-on example of this, watch L50 sorcerers on Camlann calmly kill zergs of grey-cons bashing on them simply by targeting them each in turn and LTing them to death with practically no interrupts.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Dunno what to say on this subject really, altho being lower level would mean more risk of dying.

Remember taking a lvl20 sorc out to a keep navigating through many agro purple con mobs along the way, kept firing a seige weapon and someone targeted it with another, I died in 1-2 hits.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
how about instead of no xp flags people actually go to the level 25-29 bg... shock horror...

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
So, let me get this straight--you found out that there was a way to bypass the RP cap by using siege engines in real RvR? This sounds like a bug, but it certainly isn't exploitable nor the major problem you make out to be. Simple solution is to not go to the frontiers if you really want to go through the battlegrounds, sheesh. And so what, if your Heretic gets PD3 early, it is hardly something others will demand to be nerfed. :rolleyes:

there is a rp cap for bgs still but you can still go in aslong as your lvl 24 no matter how many rps you got (afaik?)

Aeva

Banned
Do that for another couple of years, making sure you dont hit 25 and go thid, would be funny seeing a RR12 roaming about

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
hm...a melee ranger in thid with IP2-3 :p fun fun

/Dracus

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Aeva said:
Do that for another couple of years, making sure you dont hit 25 and go thid, would be funny seeing a RR12 roaming about

that will never be possible as theres a hardcap for rp's on each level :)

see that picture of that lvl 3? hes hardcapped at 300 something rp's at lvl 3 :p

so u will never see a rr12 toon in thid unless they hacked it hehe :)

think the hardcap is 2l0 or 2l5 at 24....

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
realm rank 2l5 peeps in thid need taking out and shooting in the back of the head.

you may as well just run around as a lvl 50 toon going to normal rvr and going over the cap for thid ruins the game. Like people who ding passed the level cap and proceed to kill everything.

Its ruining the battlegrounds and i for one only go in there with a zerg just so when these rr2+ people die we can camp their bodies till they release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom