25) Kullbay Songweaver (43th lvl Celt Bard) [Retribution] 11,240

7 enchanters in the top 25, sums it pretty nicely :p

O

old.Knokker

skald our spear hero
our if i got money (prolly not) a poisen lurikeen:rolleyes:

O

old.Saborion

Dakkon playing eldritch. I wonder what he thinks of that class...

Either way, suppose it depends on whether you want to solo, group, or both. If you only play in groups, then you need to decide with them what to pick. If you want to be able to solo then I suggest minstrel or SB, or a caster class that can mez and/or stun.

Of course, hunters are nice too. =)
I expect to play on the EU pvp server. Will be about when one is tired of the usuall play in emain.

A

Antiarch

Just started an inf on mordred :) ..its really nice me and my friends kobold SB and luri NS looking forward to meet those top ranking enchanters :D

O

old.Ryzar

wtg on pvp server is skald / chanter / norse critblade / minstrel (goes best with an infi or sb m8) / maybe grouped with some friends druid / bard / healer / hero... and try to get a bubble in your little pk squad *g and well light eldritch is evil too ^^ but even better if you try to get in a big alliance... more chance to survive and level...
if you want to stay independent try to get some ranged nuker (rm/eldritch) and CC...but I think you already know it :)

till the next nerfes... when cabalists and paladins will r00l sosaria... ah no camelot =P

Z

zilch

Enchanter be carefull

Apperentally they are badly pk'd lots of players take them out because they are enchanters so just a word of warning...... people dont like them

O

old.Ryzar

nobody complained about PKin in UO (well the RPGers did but it worked fine for 3-4 years) so why does everybody whine about being PKed on a PVP SERVER in a candy game? must be US kids...

chanters are somewhat lame but theres always a technique to take them out
f.e. as skald n.p mezz the pet dead chanter ...

O

old.Prof

Ppl don't like enchanters cause they can attack with their pets ppl who aren't viewable.

So basically you suddenly can get owned by an enchanter pet without being able to see it's master (who is probably hiding behind some wall or tree nearby).

O

old.Ryzar

thats a thing called tactics / understanding / knowledge... you get killed by an enchanter you didn't see? well enchanter will repeat this and you can kick
him due to surprise attack... (not many enchanters are REALLY smart and change their ambush spots)

if you constantly run along the road and dont look around / watch your back youre dead meat

if you hide and ambush with a small non stealth class you can be successfull
(woods / water / whatever on pvp server there are 10000 more possibilites to sneak then in emain)

just a matter of play.style

W

-Wedge-

Well, I dont know for sure what class to play... Either a fire-wizzie or some small thing like a lurikeen, dwarf or kobold... You can say "those arent classes" :p your right, but it limits the classes a bit... Probably a dwarf Skald...

Hard to be seen is a 'good' thing...

W

-Wedge-

I'd would probably be a whoot to be in a clan like Shadowclan on Mordred (http://www.shadowclan.com/DC/MD) ...

Their Kobold only, with 700! members, always talk in role... With their own language... Read a few messages on their messageboard... Great fun...

O

old.Kithara

Actually my first choice would have been sorceress cuz i enjoyed it most of all chars i played but i am not sure if its effective in pvp - 2nd choice would be skald

O

old.Cruel Heart

Originally posted by old.Kithara
Actually my first choice would have been sorceress cuz i enjoyed it most of all chars i played but i am not sure if its effective in pvp - 2nd choice would be skald

Veeshan isnt effective? ;)
But then again, thats just RvR, nothing like PvP servers :p

O

old.chesnor

Pet classes will alway have the edge in PvP. SM, chanters and theurgs all get pets with stun, which is a killer in PvP. Sorcerors can charm almost anything ( I assume they can charm pets from other realms, if so, they will be uber imho ) and if a sorc charms a caster mob, they will rock.

The strength of sorcs are that they can charm different mobs for different roles, nukers, mezzers, tanks and always yellow cons if they keep mind spec high. However, it appears that chanters are the class on Andred/Mordred atm, so I say NERF CHANTERS

hehe j/k

A

Antiarch

Anyone from Exca playing on Mordred and if so what name/class/lvl ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom