Your most dangerous journey

Sigurd

Banned
What's been your most dangerous journey in DAoC and why? A trip across the frontiers as a low level, or deep into an epic zone? I've had several myself, including taking my level 15 bard into Yggdra Forest, my 17 Mercenary on a dragon raid (organised by no other than Gombur) and then making it out of dartmoor alive and back to Cornwall Station alone (although a few albs aided me along the way...) and most recently a journey to Tuscan Glacier with my 36 skald, just to see what it looked like. In groups I've been on a Summoner raid on the US servers (yep, that's why I went AWOL) in which we killed 2 Grand Summoners with one full group, 2 rezzers and a necro... that wasn't so dangerous but was bloody good fun.

rhu

Fledgling Freddie
my first char explored malmohus at lvl14 ^^

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
rhu said:
my first char explored malmohus at lvl14 ^^

Going to defend Myddrin as a level 12 (I think) minstrel. Group almost got wiped by 3 arawnite warriors!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As a level 20 infil I ran from the Alb PK in Odins to the farthest Midgard border keep, because of that mad jock MacGregor (*waves*) ... absolutely terrifying :D

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
My forced march from Mularn > Svuasd Faste at lvl 15-ish or so. Got totally lost, spent the next 2hrs dodging and legging it from various purple con mobs eventually getting laid waste too by a fire giant. :eek7:

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
Going from Gna to the back end of Verner Swamp at level 20

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
What's been your most dangerous journey in DAoC and why? A trip across the frontiers as a low level, or deep into an epic zone? I've had several myself, including taking my level 15 bard into Yggdra Forest, my 17 Mercenary on a dragon raid (organised by no other than Gombur) and then making it out of dartmoor alive and back to Cornwall Station alone (although a few albs aided me along the way...) and most recently a journey to Tuscan Glacier with my 36 skald, just to see what it looked like. In groups I've been on a Summoner raid on the US servers (yep, that's why I went AWOL) in which we killed 2 Grand Summoners with one full group, 2 rezzers and a necro... that wasn't so dangerous but was bloody good fun.

Anytime I have to pass through a Milegate is always my most nervous of moments :p

Do remember running a lvl 1 seer from Mularn all the way down to Gna tho, as had no cash.

The runs into Malmo always good to keep the heart rate up.

Cheers

Azo

Cyfr

Banned
Most certainly my low levels in daoc on my first character. Then daoc was so fun to explore :). I went to emain with my level 6 ranger (other hibs were getting around 30), that was so dam fun! I also ventured there before I went with the 30's, I saw a dwarf and ran like hell. Rvr then made me shake irl :)

pisike

Fledgling Freddie
In beta, when i didn't know anything about the game. I was an lvl 5 eldritch, because on daoc homepage it said "Specializing in destructive and powerful magic, the Eldritch is perhaps the most dangerous spellcaster in the game. His spells deal with the most primal forces of nature. " I found hibernia border keep. At my first attempt to get bit further i was killed by some tiny ant :p
Took me a while to find the gate again and get past purple con mobs in front of it. Didn't know anything about aggro or it's range yet, so all mobs were very dangerous to me and i mostly moved around on zonewall as high as possible :) Took me about 5 hours to reach MG, didn't meet a soul all the way. After running around some more i saw a castle from far away. Was very excited and sure i'll meet somebody there. It was very late by then and i was very sleepy, almost fell out of my chair when i was greeted with a huge fireball :(

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
level 17 paladin helping to help Defend Excaliber from the damn middies attacking :D

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Lvl 16 scout shooting at a lvl 50 warrior in emain :) survived to, as infs suddenly jumped him before he reached me..

And geting jumped by 7 infs as a lvl 6 NS outside the hibby border keep (cant remember the name).

As for jurney, it must be geting from alb side of DF and all they way down as a lvl 10 sorc to get PLed :) hardly knew what the term PL meant those days :)

Cyfr

Banned
pisike said:
In beta, when i didn't know anything about the game. I was an lvl 5 eldritch, because on daoc homepage it said "Specializing in destructive and powerful magic, the Eldritch is perhaps the most dangerous spellcaster in the game. His spells deal with the most primal forces of nature. " I found hibernia border keep. At my first attempt to get bit further i was killed by some tiny ant :p
Took me a while to find the gate again and get past purple con mobs in front of it. Didn't know anything about aggro or it's range yet, so all mobs were very dangerous to me and i mostly moved around on zonewall as high as possible Took me about 5 hours to reach MG, didn't meet a soul all the way. After running around some more i saw a castle from far away. Was very excited and sure i'll meet somebody there. It was very late by then and i was very sleepy, almost fell out of my chair when i was greeted with a huge fireball
I also chose eld for the exact same reason, lol! :p Chanter it said something like, good spells but not as powerful as eld, so i went eld.
Also, I managed to find ligen a few times but I never figured out how to open the gate so thought you couldn't get through :(

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Being strong lvl 4 fighter and dying to putrid zombie three times. ;<

liste

Fledgling Freddie
most dangerous moments surely must count leveling to 5 around Prydwen Keep. Stupid Mulgruth Maggot. I still have nightmares :eek:

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
going from HPK to Benowyc as a lvl 10 ranger, I promised tomyself to be the first lvl 10 to reach RR2 ^^

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
On the island near Atla, trying to get to 5 whilst avoiding them Damned Wee Wolves. Givf Wee Wolf trophy imo.

Cheers

Azo

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Exploring Albion as a ikkle Kaitlyn I somehow ended up at trees, I remember turning round and seeing these huge worms and snarling things ahead of me. Also my first Relic raid as a level 24 running down sauvage road and having Azal cheer at me.
As Casia its got to be any journey led by Ayam...I still remember him getting us all wiped because he wanted to see what was in the ruined hut in Vanern Swamp...

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
in emain at lvl 3 naturalist, i had my tourch on and we where all stood still waiing for mids, then sombody said turn your tourch of so i quit for about a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom