Your ideal MMORPG

K

katt!

tgh ported to a 3d environment. if it was possible without losing any of the current game mechanics.

simply because the pk/pvp is so good :X

R

Roo Stercogburn

Game mechanics wise, I pretty much agree with Brannor and Damini.

As for setting, I'd make a game which you could travel to different zones through a series of rifts which let you traverse alternate realites.

Thus you could play forever in a single setting with your char, or move to completely different types of zone.

For example, moving between a setting like that in Jack Vance's Dying Earth through to China Meivill's Perdido Street Station via a rift and having whole different types of areas. Though in theory you could have literally anything in each zone I'd keep the settings no more advanced than steampunk and mostly medieval type scenarios in each zone. Partly for a degree of consistency and partly because if you vary them too wildly you'd end up too many non-viable chars that couldn't explore them all if thats what peeps wanted to do. The idea of a wizard with a machine gun may make people chuckle but it makes for a bad immersive feeling.

This type of scenario would make the game easy to expand as well.

Apart from that I'd like to see how the Middle Earth mmorpg shapes up. Goblin Gate And Eagle's Eyrie was one of my favourite modules ever for any paper 'n' dice RPG and if they capture the flavour like Iron Crown Enterprises did... OOOOOHHH :D

K

katt!

dont believe the lies of turbine. just look at ac2 :X

O

old.Maronan

I would like a MMORPG where you wouldn't see "how r u m8" all the time.

I guess that won't happen though. :)

But, check out Darkfall Online . That game seems very promising.

T

tripitaka

Give me Real Life as an MMORPG , then ill be happy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom