Sport Your favourite sporting match ever

Marc

FH is my second home
Mine is easy. Gb v Aus in syndey 2006. We hadnt won there since 1988. What you have to understand about rugby league and in particular the international games, the war of words leading up to games is nasty.

There is no respect given to us, with many aus newspapers taking the piss out of us. Our stand off Leon pryce declared he would rather be on blackpool beach than bondi beach, with resulted in the bread stealers well and truly spitting their dummies out, with the national press running it as front page news. Aus number 11, Willie "its not my fault, I suffer from AHDH" Mason declared he was going to do the GB Number 8, Stuart Fielden, which he did, with 1 punch (59 seconds or so into the vid), but gets decked himself straight after. Then at 1.45 he decides to try and take our scrum half's head off. Anyway, GB go onto win and shut the whinging ockers up!

YouTube - Great Britain shut the Aussies up!
[youtubevid]OXiRJVITsCU[/youtubevid]

Whats yours, with link if poss

Laddey

FH is my second home
A boxing event. Theres so many to choose from, help me Marc.

Marc

FH is my second home
Tyson vs Birbeck was lol I never stop laughing at Birbeck trying to get to his feet.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Tyson vs Birbeck was lol I never stop laughing at Birbeck trying to get to his feet.

Hahaha!

Holy shit, mike tyson is a fucking ox. Have you seen that right hand? Infact, have you seen the left aswell?

If he punched a normal civi person full on in the jaw he'd cause some damage. You reckon he'd kill ya by hte blow?

Marc

FH is my second home
Hahaha!

Holy shit, mike tyson is a fucking ox. Have you seen that right hand? Infact, have you seen the left aswell?

If he punched a normal civi person full on in the jaw he'd cause some damage. You reckon he'd kill ya by hte blow?

Its defo a possibilty!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Northampton Town vs Swansea at wembley 1996/97

Olgaline

FH is my second home
It's got to be the EC Final 26/6/1992 stockholm ;)
Dannebrog.jpg

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
The music for that first video is fuckin awful Everz.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Any of the Frank Bruno fights, was a good boxer in his day and one of the nicest guys I've ever met (for a celeb)

gohan

FH is my second home
liverpool v AC milan 2005 EC final, wont post vid you all know what happened..... best final ever for every1 other than AC fan's. never seen anything as dramatic and the replays still make me well up

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Well, Denmark - Italy in 99' has probably been my favorite footy match. We were behind 0-2 in Italy, but won 3-2 which got us qualified :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
My favorite game was Arsenal Middleborough at Highbury duringthe unbeaten run. We went 1 nil up and it looked like it was going to be another cruise to victory but somehow ended up 3 - 1 behind. Felt really low like the unbeaten run was about to be over we were not playing well and all hope seemed lost then Bergkamp poped up and it was 3 - 2. And from there we turned on the class we had been lacking all game and won 5 - 3.

I have been to more important games but i have never been so low to so hgh in another game so its my favorite.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
RWC Final AUS v ENG, such drama and like the league game so much slagging off by the aussie press. They even labelled the team 'Dad's army'. Considering we knocked them out of two world cups and beat them twice in 12 months they really were taking the piss!

The tension of watching it surrounded by Aussies and Kiwi's in Dubai was absolutely amazing.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
liverpool v AC milan 2005 EC final, wont post vid you all know what happened..... best final ever for every1 other than AC fan's. never seen anything as dramatic and the replays still make me well up

Have to agree, probably best footy final for years.

tierk

Part of the furniture
The greatest game of footie ever on the club level.......

YouTube - THE CLASSIC
[youtubevid]SobjAD1hZ6k[/youtubevid]

The CL final vs Milan is the greatest cup final i have seen.

YouTube - 2005 Champions League Final: AC Milan vs. Liverpool FC

Sorry couldnt resist!!!

World Cup i would have to say pretty much the entire set of games played at the '86 Word Cup hosted by Mexico was and still is the best i have ever seen. Packed out staduims with a real atmosphere,ever game felt like a festival and a final was fucking unreal. Them Mexicano's sure know how to host a world cup!!!

Best game that year???.....

YouTube - World Cup '86: Brasil vs France

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
A couple of Saints games that stick out. Saints 4 - 2 Fulham. I'll always remember that one because it was the first game i saw at St. Marys after we moved from the dell. We were 2 - 0 at half time and scored 4 in the second half. The changes in atmosphere were immense.

The big one has to be this one though Southampton 6 - 3 Manchester United. Although i wasn't there, the game is infamous for many reasons.
  • 1 - The fact we turned them over.
    2 - Massimo Taibi in nets, and the sitter he let through his legs from Sir Matt.
    3 - United changing there shirts from Grey to Blue and White Stripes at half time because "They couldn't see each other".

As a big cricket fan as well, the 2005 Ashes has to go in there, with the epic, yet anti-climantic finish to the final test. Also the Australia v. South Africa world cup semi in 1999 when Allan Donald epicly fucked up so the match was tied and the Aussies went through having beaten SA earlier in the comp.

Everz

FH is my second home
A couple of Saints games that stick out. Saints 4 - 2 Fulham. I'll always remember that one because it was the first game i saw at St. Marys after we moved from the dell. We were 2 - 0 at half time and scored 4 in the second half. The changes in atmosphere were immense.

The big one has to be this one though Southampton 6 - 3 Manchester United. Although i wasn't there, the game is infamous for many reasons.
    2 - Massimo Taibi in nets, and the sitter he let through his legs from Sir Matt.
    3 - United changing there shirts from Grey to Blue and White Stripes at half time because "They couldn't see each other".

As a big cricket fan as well, the 2005 Ashes has to go in there, with the epic, yet anti-climantic finish to the final test. Also the Australia v. South Africa world cup semi in 1999 when Allan Donald epicly fucked up so the match was tied and the Aussies went through having beaten SA earlier in the comp.

One of my :eek6: moments as a wolves fan was loosing to you lot 6-0 at molineux.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Watching that blind man win the Wimbledon final was pretty amazing

Marc

FH is my second home

The whole grey shirt issue was LOL. It didnt stop the red shite winning the league the year they had a grey away kit

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Marc, this is the first time I have seen anything from a rugby match. And DAMN!! This I have to try out, seems fucking awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom