Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos
Slaughter in San Francisco

and offcourse Baise moi

O

old.Gromnir

Lets see lets see

Usual Suspects <--- uuh great movie
The Matrix <--- nerds has to love it right, no I just love it
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas <--- that movie was so fucked up I laughted at myself for getting lost in the plot ... wait there isent realy one.
Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust <-- Anime, like the style, story is okay too.
Das Boot <--- best submarine movie ever made .
Dracular <--- I was in love the first time I saw it, its a master.
Oh and Fight Club <--- Brilliant film

4 rooms, "Hvad snakker du om'!", LOTR:FOTR, LOTR:TTT, Akira, Ghost in the shell, Perfect Blue, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, (no not alien 4 its a crap movie), The Abyss.

And the point of it all, there isent really one movie in the end.

N

Neural Network

Can’t decide on a film.
Blade Runner was good, the soundtrack was good and so was the game.
The Matrix was awesome the first time, because I didn’t have heard anything about it before seeing it.
But nothing can beat seeing all episodes of Twin Peaks in a row. I did it once with a large group of friends on a large screen over a weekend. An experience for life. :spin:

N

Novamir

i'd go with fing/flim whatever on this one.

memento has to be my favourite, with fight club, the big lebowski and american history x all up there.

i saw city of god recently and it was fantastic. also saw bowling for columbine which was excellent.

films like the matrix, LOTR, etc- complete epics but not films which affected my life really.

J

Jonaldo

k I said Pulp Fiction earlier..

Now I'll add, Goodfellas, Donnie Brasco, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now (redux), Blade Runner (directors cut), Blues Brothers, Godfather 1 & 2, Leaving Las Vegas, Blazing Saddles, Training Day, Lost Boys, Bill & Teds Bogus Journey.

Could watch any of these films again, probably a few more also.

edit: I also notice no-one has mentioned any Star Wars films (or if they did I missed them) despite it making #1 on most 'official' voted lists.

edit#2: oh can I put my Newman & Baddiel and Eddie Izzard videos on my list too? I know they're not movies but I can watch them so many times and they still make me laugh, oh and Phil Kay is damn funny. (the Scottish nutter not the fat bloke Peter Kay)

L

Laroma

Uhm, don't really have any favourites, but as for movies I saw recently, I liked these alot:

Bowling for Columbine (does documentary count?)
Cube 2: Hypercube
51st State
Red Dragon

As for "older" movies:

Pulp Fiction
Lord of the Rings (both)
Braveheart
Clockwork Orange
Bourne Identity
.. loads more

O

old.Xarr

the three first SW movies are a given :)

i like 'the empire strikes back' best...

O

old.Xarr

cube and cube² (aka cube 2: hybercube) are also pretty cool movies. i just love strange, mysterious films like that.

as for completely new movies;

has anyone checked out '28 days later'? it's supposed to be pretty cool...

E

El_Coolio

I like House on the haunted Hill (The 1950's one)
Its in black and white, but damn, its scary...

O

old.Gromnir

Bowling for Columbine <--- Was great, I cant wait to see it again sometime.

StarWars: ep 4-5-6 was great and is great. ep 1 is well, yeah okay good NEXT, ep 2 jesus that one blew ... fight scenes where great tho.

Oh and these also has to go on here:
Ringu <--- scary
Ringu 2 <--- Havent seen yet, but it has to be good.
Ringu 0 Birthday <---- and yes I havent seen this one aswell, but its a ringu.

Oh and "Once a Thief" old school john woo film from his days in hong kong, and his "Replacement Killers"

T

talen_sun

Clerks - Thats why I artificially inseminate animals for a living
Mallrats - She left you cause you farted?? She was going down on me at the time!
Chasing Amy - The whole swing speech
Dogma - Its compact, but it's not a flaming sword
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back - This guy wants to fuck a sheep!!

V

vestax

Another reason why I like Blade Runner is because on one of Paul Oakenfolds early mix tapes he used the "Enhance.. Enhance... Give me a hard copy" sample, was awesome!

J

Jiggs

i have 28 days on my PC but havent watched it yet, supposed to be ok: nothing amazing... but worth watching

best john woo has got to be 'the killer'

best jackie chan i always thought was 'drunken master 2' alot more pacey than the original

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by talen_sun
Clerks - Thats why I artificially inseminate animals for a living
Mallrats - She left you cause you farted?? She was going down on me at the time!
Chasing Amy - The whole swing speech
Dogma - Its compact, but it's not a flaming sword
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back - This guy wants to fuck a sheep!!

Was going to add *all Kevin Smith movies* on my list, forgot tho :mad:

F

Flimgoblin

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was good

and I'll agree on Cube, also PI for some screwy films...

Leaving Las Vegas is also superb.

The Player and Bob Roberts are both very good (Tim Robbins is superb, and Bob Roberts has Gore Vidal in it and he's cool)

Avoid "Seul Contre Tous" (or I Stand Alone) unless you have a very hard stomach - caught all of 10 minutes of it on Film Four - looks very bitter, twisted, melancholic and poignant, but it's also incredibly sickening...

O

old.The McScrooges

At the moment: The Replacements - Bunch of misfits come together for an American football team blah blah...

Usual plot but it made me laugh.

Dog Soldiers
Dracula 2001
Deuce Bigalow
and the usual cult following choices...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I will have to say "Pitch Black" - I don't normally care for sci-fi... but that movie is just awesome.

I absolutely do believe in God... and I hate the fucker.

E

Euthanasia.

The Rock
+
Con Air
"Put the bunny back in teh box!!!"

E

Euthanasia.

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I will have to say "Pitch Black" - I don't normally care for sci-fi... but that movie is just awesome.

Yus, that was a good film also and somehow Uncle Sick managed to pick the best quote from it.

O

old.Gromnir

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

Totally forgot about that movie ... have been looking for it all over this bloody town. Best Vin film ever ... just hope that Pitch Black 2 is going to just as good and not some fucked up loser sequal like they normaly do in hollywood.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.Xarr
cube and cube² (aka cube 2: hybercube) are also pretty cool movies. i just love strange, mysterious films like that.

as for completely new movies;

has anyone checked out '28 days later'? it's supposed to be pretty cool...
shame about the cube is as i remember the math doenst fit.

havent seen cube² is it out on dvd yet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom