Votes: 10 25.6%
  • 2000s

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • i like eating rubbers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Argh, hard decision. :( Too many genres came out between the 70s and 90s :( I'll pick the 80s, just add and minus a 10 year from each to be safe :D

Lakih

Resident Freddy
60s, 70s & 80s is the best era for music (imo) having to pick just one of them is cruel... ill go with 80s because it has some late punk, great rock and Rick Ashley in it :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
hard one, modern day music is fucking plop compaired to the golden oldie stuff. I've been listening to alot of old stuff recently and modern day shit doesn't even come close

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I much prefer new music. Well, a lot of the genres I listen to weren't around 10 years ago haha :)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
ive put 90's cos i think there was tons of good music brit pop etc. but mainly because it was the decade dance music broke through and im a massive trance fan. tbh only decade im not keen on is owt pre 1950 and the 70's and most modern crap 2000+

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I'm not sure, everythign after the mid-80s seems to much like a regurgatation of something before but then I'm prolly showing my age only. I remember the 80s fondly, but I like stuff from the 50s and 60s the most even tho I wasn't born and I'm not proud of it, and it's kow-towing to the parents generation, but that's the way it is!

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
60ies were great! Exploring, trying, failing, retrying. Watching the 60ies is like watching a child growing up.

70ies... well.. I always connect them to bad disco crap and trash music. Sure, there was good stuff, but you´ll find that in every decade.

80ies are usually refered to as the decade of "bad taste" and to an extend, that´s right. However, it´s the decade where I gew up, so my POV might be spoiled by the memory-thing. I´d say the 80ies were better than people say.

90ies rocked. A solid decade full of good music. Not as playful as the 60ies, not as boring as the 70ies and not as shallow as the 80ies.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Totally depends on mood but I guess it has to be 70's or 80's for the Punk Rock. Real music, real emotion.

70's nearly had it with the Phili sound.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Guns N Roses, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, AC/DC. Guess which decade i voted?

This is actually harder then it looks.

AC/DC started in the 70s, lot of the greatest songs came out with Scott.

GNR was 80-90s too.

Pearl Jam was 90s.

Nirvana, 80s-90s.

Iron maiden, 70s-> still going.

Christ...on rock alone it's a 30 year scale :(

Have to think about it.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I chose 80's.
If you listen to a lot of tracks these days, they're based upon or sample tracks from the 80's. It must have had something going for it.
The fact I was a teenager in the 80's has NOTHING to do with it whatsoever... much. :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Chose the 80s as most of the bands I currently listewn to were still up and running at that time, at the height of their careers. Granted they didn't start then, nor did they necessarily write their best material then but they were all about then :)

Wow, I haven't heard that in years. After the first few months of playing I had the sound/music turned off so haven't heard this since shortly after release, lol.

Ahh, the memories ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Chose the 80s as most of the bands I currently listewn to were still up and running at that time, at the height of their careers. Granted they didn't start then, nor did they necessarily write their best material then but they were all about then :)

Ah that's a fair fact actually.

I'm gonna go with 80s with the exception of a few greats, like Scott from AC/DC.

I'd choose 40s for the big band, but it's not really that good abck then.

New big band music is lovely, or remakes of old classics.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
90´s had the best punk / rock in my opinion, thats why i choose it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
to be perfectly honest, the best period is never the "full' decade"

1965-75

& 85 -95 imho :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Went for 60s due to emergence of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, The Who, Black Sabbath, The beatles, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Deep Purple, Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, Velvet Underground, Jefferson Airplane, the start of Motown... and loads more.

Shits on the 80s :p

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
had to go for the 90's.. altho a close run thing with the 80's...

90's had stuff like:
chicane - offshore, jam and spoon - right in the night, masters at work - i cant get no sleep, joe t vanelli project - sweetest day in may, system f - out of the blue... soooo many more of my all time faves

now what do we have? rap and pap

Helme

Resident Freddy
The mid-late 80s, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax... thrash in general I guess

Was a hard choice tho, I like alot of the newer metal but still, the "classics" are what I listen to most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom