Savicevic
Socrates
Hagi

Strikers
Rummenigge
Sivori

Olgaline

FH is my second home
point is your supposed to pick a team consisting of the best players from a single club through the ages

Lucius

Banned
Oh, apologies, I didn't read the thread - my bad. I'll go with a Milan team, because I've always liked them, they have such a good selection of midfielders that I've put quite a few people out of position but I hope you can understand :)

Goalkeeper
Rossi

Defenders
Maldini
Baresi
Tassotti
Costacurta

Midfielders
Rivera
Savicevic
Kaka
Albertini

Strikers
Van Basten
Gullit

I'll come up with a Madrid team soon when I have time to think :)

gohan

FH is my second home
hmm...

why leave out Frank Rijkaard ?

also would say gullit is a midfielder tho i guess he played all over, but as so many great strikers easier to slot him in mid field

and shevchenco (as shit as he is at chelsea) is a full on milan legend

Lucius

Banned
hmm...

why leave out Frank Rijkaard ?

Interesting question, I just prefered the other 4 midfielders to him, although I did give it consideration. I would have replaced Albertini for Rijkaard but the former is one of my favourite players - I'm not too fond of Rijkaard :).

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well, i was more refering to the fact that his back four are the so called "fantastic 4"
and his chosen out of 3 of the "flying dutchmen"

so just curiouse as to why not make it a full double

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Interesting question, I just prefered the other 4 midfielders to him, although I did give it consideration. I would have replaced Albertini for Rijkaard but the former is one of my favourite players - I'm not too fond of Rijkaard :).

fair enough

Lucius

Banned
well, i was more refering to the fact that his back four are the so called "fantastic 4"
and his chosen out of 3 of the "flying dutchmen"

so just curiouse as to why not make it a full double

Yes, I chose the "fantastic 4", I definatly think that was the best Milan defence in history, they worked very well together. Although if you ask me who I think had the best individual defenders, I would have to say it was Inter over the years. However, I am basing my team on how well I thought they would play together. It's just my opinion though :)

With regards to the two strikers, they were great at Milan so that is my reasoning. Shevchenko was great for Milan and regrettedly I leave him out but apart from that I can't think of anyone else outstanding - Papin never fulfilled his potential there.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Calo

Thats one scary prospect ;)

Damn sure it is! i really miss young del piero and veteran baggio in our attack :(

for fun : a Real madrid one : 3-5-2

Casilla's (he's really that good)
Mijatovic - Hierro - R. Carlos
Redondo
M. Laudrup - Zidane- Kopa -Gento
Di stefano - Puskas

That's for sure for many rm's fans one of the greatests teams ever. just imagine if they could all play again on their best for 1 match :eek:

Lucius

Banned
Calo, that is very close to what I would have put as my Madrid team. I would have replaced Carlos with Camacho and I would have replaced Redondo with Butragueno, although Redondo is popular I never rated him that much but this is entirely subjective. A very good selection so now I have no reason to name my Madrid XI.... I'll think up a Barca one.

Lucius

Banned
And here it is :)

Goalkeeper
Zubizarreta

Defenders
Nadal
Koeman
Munoz

Midfielders
Guardiola
Schuster
Carrasco
Cruyff
Bakero

Strikers
Krankl
Stoichkov

Yes a lot of these choices won't be popular but it is mostly my favourite players from Barca over the years. This year they have a great team, but I am still not convinced. I would have put Hagi there but he wasn't at his best when he played for Barca :). Carrasco wouldn't feature in most Barca all-time teams but he has to be one of my favourite players, he was class in my opinion. Krankl didn't play for Barca for long but he was fantastic whilst for them.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
And here it is :)

Goalkeeper
Zubizarreta

Defenders
Nadal
Koeman
Munoz

Midfielders
Guardiola
Schuster
Carrasco
Cruyff
Bakero

Strikers
Krankl
Stoichkov

Yes a lot of these choices won't be popular but it is mostly my favourite players from Barca over the years. This year they have a great team, but I am still not convinced. I would have put Hagi there but he wasn't at his best when he played for Barca :). Carrasco wouldn't feature in most Barca all-time teams but he has to be one of my favourite players, he was class in my opinion. Krankl didn't play for Barca for long but he was fantastic whilst for them.

Fair enough but as is the point, for the purposes of this subject all players named are at their very best. It doesn't matter if they weren't at their best when they played for your team, just that they did.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Fun! I'll bite:

Goalkeeper

Nigel Spink

Defenders
LB: Wilf Bouma
RB: Gary Charles
CB: Paul McGrath
CB: Martin Laursen

Midfielders
LW: Ashley Young
RW: Tony Morley
CM: David Platt
CM: Gordon Cowans

Strikers
Dean Saunders
Dwight Yorke

Substitutes
Mark Bosnich
Dennis Mortimer
Stilyan Petrov
Dalian Atkinson
Andy Gray

Manager
Ron Saunders

Genedril

Part of the furniture
point is your supposed to pick a team consisting of the best players from a single club through the ages

I thought the point was to pick the best 11 from the club you support? I'd have had a much easier time if I decided to pick the best 11 from Inter or Barca.

(Though I reckon my lot could give quite a few of these teams a run for their money).

Lucius

Banned
Fair enough but as is the point, for the purposes of this subject all players named are at their very best. It doesn't matter if they weren't at their best when they played for your team, just that they did.

Fair point. Although, that would make my task considerably harder - I'll do an Inter team later :).

soze

I am a FH squatter
I did not know i could have Subs (again just frem while i have been going)

Seaman
Dixon - Keown - Adams - Winterburn
Ljungberg - Cesc - Viera - Overmars
Bergkamp - Henry

Lehman
Cambell
Clichy
Petit
Pires
Wright
Anelka

Manager Herbert Chapman First Team Coach Arsen Wenger :p

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Because Ossie Ardilles was right all along:
Code:
        Robinson        
Carr King Campbell Ziege
         Freund         
Anderton          Ginola
        Berbatov        
  Sheringham Klinsmann  

Bench:
Gomes
Keane
Ferdinand
Woodgate
Poyet

This is done on players I've been able to see, otherwise Jennings, Blanchflower & Greaves would get in easily :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fucking hell, that spurs 11 is scary. The attacking power after Freund is just ridiculous.

Marc

FH is my second home
Everton team ive seen in my lifetime

Neville Southall

Gary Stevens
Dave Watson
Kevin Ratcliffe
Joleon Lescott

Trevor Steven
Peter Reid
Kevin Sheedy
Mikel Arteta

Greame Sharp
Tony Cottee/Duncan Ferguson

*cant put Linekar in as he only played one season

What this team shows, is that everton have struggled for years with Strikers, with no one of real note in the past decade or so

Lucius

Banned
Here is my Internazionale team:

Goalkeeper
Zenga

Defenders
Bergomi
Fachetti
Baresi
Brehme

Midfielders
Matthaus
Mazzola
Zanetti

Strikers
Suarez
Ronaldo
Bergkamp

The defence and goalkeeper were not difficult to pick. However, I did have difficulty deciding on the midfielders and strikers. Klinsman could easily have featured. I absolutely love this team, and I think it's the best one I've posted :).

Lethul

FH is my second home
I did not know i could have Subs (again just frem while i have been going)

Seaman
Dixon - Keown - Adams - Winterburn
Ljungberg - Cesc - Viera - Overmars
Bergkamp - Henry

Lehman
Cambell
Clichy
Petit
Pires
Wright
Anelka

Manager Herbert Chapman First Team Coach Arsen Wenger :p

How the fuckingfuck can Ljungberg be up there? :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
How the fuckingfuck can Ljungberg be up there? :)

Before he did his knee he was an star and is an arsenal Legend. Plus i could not think of a Right Winger that was better than him :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
gk - antti niemi

rb - jason dodd
lb - wayne bridge
cb - Claus Lundekvam
cb - Ken Monkou

cm - jim magilton
cm - anders svensson
rw - marian pahars
lw - fabrice fernandes

amc/ss - god
cf - shearer

manager - strachs

from my lifetime only

Lethul

FH is my second home
Before he did his knee he was an star and is an arsenal Legend. Plus i could not think of a Right Winger that was better than him :)

Let Arsenal sign me and I'm better ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom