Your dream movie. (inspired tag here)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Inspired by the other thread discussion;

What would your dream movie, genre, cast, etc be?

I have to think about it myself, but fallout, hans zimmer and milla are given needs :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Don't think I've got a "dream" movie, but a few I'd like to see made

- Magician Trilogy - Raymond E. Feist.
- Necroscope - Brian Lumley.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fallout 2 movie, a trilogy, ron pearlman as narrator(derp), music by hans zimmer(though fallout style ofcourse) with a never before seen REALLY generic actor as the chosen one, placed digitally into the movie so you can choose a male or female actor, same plot as fallout 2 ofcourse, dogmeat as a companion is a must, and other roles i've though so far are Statham as Cassidy, The Rock as Marcus, gary oldman as Vic, Milla as Miria...f*ck i need to go through all of them i see...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think David Gemmell's Rigante series would be a pretty good series of films, I have no idea who would play any of the characters though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Decent Dredd movie where they don't have to skimp.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I'd love another epic on the scale and scope of something like Ben Hur/Spartacus/Gone with the Wind

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'd love another epic on the scale and scope of something like Ben Hur/Spartacus/Gone with the Wind

+1

I'd like to see a return to classic film making. Actors who can actually act. Don't care if they're unknown. The less ego the better. Directors from the David Lean school. Beautiful locations, or even just a simple set (Hitchcock). No special effects - you just don't need any for a great movie.

Take a movie like Gandhi. Absolutely first rate film making. The funeral scene had something like a million extras! You don't get movies like that these days. Its "well, we can get 200 extra, and we'll just digitise the rest in".

Everyone raved about the King's Speech. I thought it was the biggest over-rated pile of boring cack I'd seen in a long while. Yes, the acting was great, but it wasn't a great movie IMO.

Great movies are your Gandhis, Lawrence of Arabias, Zulu, Brief Encounter, Rear Window etc.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The rest of the Space odyssey books 2061 and 3001.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
+1

I'd like to see a return to classic film making. Actors who can actually act. Don't care if they're unknown. The less ego the better. Directors from the David Lean school. Beautiful locations, or even just a simple set (Hitchcock). No special effects - you just don't need any for a great movie.

Take a movie like Gandhi. Absolutely first rate film making. The funeral scene had something like a million extras! You don't get movies like that these days. Its "well, we can get 200 extra, and we'll just digitise the rest in".

Everyone raved about the King's Speech. I thought it was the biggest over-rated pile of boring cack I'd seen in a long while. Yes, the acting was great, but it wasn't a great movie IMO.

Great movies are your Gandhis, Lawrence of Arabias, Zulu, Brief Encounter, Rear Window etc.

The four films you've just listed are all really quite different. The "epic" style of the first two is increasingly difficult to do simply because there are far fewer locations that aren't built over/full of people. So CGI becomes a necessity rather than a shortcut. You've also got to remember that for every Gandhi, Lawrence of Arabia or Spartacus, an awful lot of crap historical epics were made as well, we just remember the good ones. And those kind of films still get made; in the last decade you've have Master & Commander (good) and Alexander (bad) etc. I'd argue that more intimate films of the Brief Encounter school get made all the time, but modern social mores will necessarily have very different plots. As for Rear Window, biggest problem with that is that there will only ever be one Alfred Hitchcock. There are plenty of great modern thrillers, but he had a very unique style.

Its interesting you pick David Lean is your choice of "school". Terrence Malick, Ron Howard and even Ridley Scott have all had a go at that style of film making, with varying degrees of success; for instance I actually really enjoyed Kingdom of Heaven, which is exactly the kind of filmographer's epic you're talking about, but it was a commercial and critical flop.

Edit, back on topic, I'd love to see some other SF get a look-in rather than the inevitable Philip. K. Dick remakes. The technology is there to do justice to Larry Niven or Alistair Reynolds. I'd also love to see Cryptonomicon on screen, although it would probably be done better by HBO.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Kingdom of Heaven, which is exactly the kind of filmographer's epic you're talking about, but it was a commercial and critical flop.

Have you seen the Directors cut of this? I haven't been able to find it but from what I've heard it's a completely different and much better movie.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Not seen Kingdom of Heaven. Will check it out

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
30 mins into KoH and quite enjoying it. Just watched the battle between Liam Neeson & his nephew in the forest.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I'd love someone to have a bash at the Magician trilogy by Feist, or something by Gemmell, probably the Rigante stuff. But I have a soft spot for his Jon Shannow trilogy.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its a shame they didn't make Magician 45 years ago. A younger Ian Holm would have made a superb Pug.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I'd love to se a proper moviefication of the Starcraft universe. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom