your best memory in daoc?

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
1. My first death in RvR, was lvl 18-20 in Yggdra and this Firbolg named Mikael came and kill me and my group :( .. he was purple con probably 35+ or something.
2. Dinging 50 in Lair with my Warrior, 3-4 days after Darkness Fall came out.

Haki

Fledgling Freddie
1. First time I got 1 gold ;D
2. When I saw purple mobs the first times, I got so scared that I ran to the town and quitted.. :S
3. When I saw a werewolf!!
Hehehe.. ;D

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
One memory that stands out for me was the first time I ever went into Mithra Tomb.
I remember looking at loads and loads of tombstones and thinking to my "What the bloody hell lives down here? Its gotta be bad cos its killed all these guys".
Spent a while craping myself in case something like the Jabberwoky jumped out and ate me.
Then a kinda small Iguana arrived and tore me a new arse.
I was genuinly embarassed at that point.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
One thing:

Malmo - Level 46--49.7.

Overdriven + Funkybunny.

Up 3 days STRAIGHT.

/end.

Funkybunny

Banned
Overdriven said:
One thing:

Malmo - Level 46--49.7.

Overdriven + Funkybunny.

Up 3 days STRAIGHT.

/end.
hehehehhe.. yeah that was awesome :) you sitting there for 16 hours straight just too keep me company... :) and 4 ppl trying to pull the dragon on one member :p

Orenthal

Can't get enough of FH
Owning a semi-decent group of albs with 2 people in Odins, with RM and Aug healer :> (<3 Kaene)

or, bolting people for 1600 odd when i was rc :)

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Orenthal said:
Owning a semi-decent group of albs with 2 people in Odins, with RM and Aug healer :> (<3 Kaene)

or, bolting people for 1600 odd when i was rc :)

Why not just post ....."meh wtf pwn joo .... meh l33t"

Animal

Fledgling Freddie
First time out in RvR , not long after the game was released .

Had a lvl 27 2handed crush armsman , stepped out of portal keep with a small group only to find a group of mids there . One of them was beckoning me and gesturing etc and moved away from his group . I finally realised he wanted a 1v1 , so went over to him , we both bowed then attacked .
I crit on first hit and half lifed him :p nrly fell off my chair laughing when one of my group mates that was watching said he'd love to have seen the persons face in rl when that happened .

Ah , the good old days when people tried keep raiding at lvl 20+ in frontier zones :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
a) so nearly leading the raid which nailed the hib dragon, it was on like 0% for 3 mins then but we just couldnt finish it off.

b) seeing legion for the first time

c) doing the epic mobs in CF for the first time.

d) Dropping relic :)

e) hitting ml10 on ranger

f) getting me first pair of soulshades and ebops and even me duel glimerring stillettoes before that. The partical effects I just loved

g) running in the IG FG rvr groups back in the day.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
4½ hour defence of bled (pre si) 1-2fg mids vs lots of albs, they broke down gates eventually but we stopped enough (this was before mid had PBAoE/GTAoE ^^) so that lord killed last alb with around 10% hp left.
Then running back from svasud with my RM and managing to repair gates so they closed just as the returning albs ran up the hill :)
Then defending for another 2 hours :x

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
The Battle of Bledmeer!

My 1st solo rvr kill (lvl26 scout i found 4 mids similer lvl) sniped em one by 1. was thrilling and i remember the adranalin rush lol

my 1st keep raid when i was lvl29 i rmemeber THINKING that the ACTUAL Guards were Mids lol . i rmemeber the npc aggro me down a hill and i thought fuckin bastard sneaking up behind me like that lol.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
when me and my fellow friends in De Gothia was exping in Snowdonia at lvl20ish and some purp hibbs came running at high speed and bashed us.
remember the panik in the group as we were a bit spreadout when they first came. first rvr contact i had in the release.(first weeks after release)

also the end event in Beta was fantastic. best event ever!

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
noob cave shammy inside hib str relic keep when gates could be targeted by aedot through the wall

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
My what i think is best memory was when i managed to kill a grp of 3 albs as solo on my warrior (rr5 or 6 at that moment), a armsman (rr5), wizard (rr2) and a mincer (rr2), maybe not so big acheivment but was great fun and my heart was beating fast as hell of the action, had fougth some stealthers just before i met then aswell i rmbr. also a great moment for me as it was the first time i ever recorded smth ingame 8)

other then that hmm, not sure, first 50 char, every rr ding is also very fun 8)

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Oh, this must be the beta thing...

lvl 4 dwarf viking, keen in exploring the realm, and helpings his kind, meets the blodfelags near audliten, and mistakens them for real people.

1 minute later, he goes /send Blodfelag Traitor hey man, why did you kill me ?

And then, the day I dinged rr4, and I was still blue con for a lvl 50. I was unique on excal at that time (or so i thought), and it felt damn good.

Murphys Law, Skald, dead in December 2003.

Kiukku

Fledgling Freddie
Theres so much that dunno where to start.
killing bears at gorge with half fg,everyone being around ~20-30 lvl and also first trip to frontier, so not much time and I had the pleasure meet first enemy player alpha(purple con) rapeing hole grp =) but still had funny feelings after that.

Then another trip to the famous AMG area around 35 lvl on my druid when hardly few were 50. Suddenly we meet gazillion of mids on hill or something,we packup little and have more hib backups,fight was long and was dark also,all I remember is those mjollnir lightnings at the sky,made me go Oooh mids are cool,thor shit and all :)

Glorious time, finally hit the 50 after 36d played and having epic armors. Getting in best possible guild right after that and having best rvr memories in daoc history.

And ofcourse from rvr memories,Killing the outlaws 4fg inc to crau and we beet em with one fg,was not so easy back then.. :)
And generally from solo fights with my druid ,top one is beating alpha ofc for revenge him beating me when he was purple :p

Camlann is different story ,all that exping maratons at the start of camlann. First contact with the Epic dudes at the mids dragon exp place,ohh those 15+ mob pulls and suddenly epic inn with 100+ and we still kill em with mobs on us :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
back in beta, hordes of 30+'s running round emain thinking they were well hard, and getting slaughtered by the bugged champion commander of crimthaine (?)

coming back from an AFK, to find myself half dead, and Jamiesmallicus waiting for me to get back, good duel :cheers:

doing about 85% damage to a buffed savage with a crit on defenders rage before the polearm nerf while running unbuffed solo armsman

and finally the evening the hibs decided to go for a walk in emain. few FG albs at the AMG.. *INC!!!*... *how many?!?!* ... * er, all of em* didnt know hibs had that many people :worthy:
:wub:

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
This made me proud on lvl 32 :

alldead.jpg

Fg of blues and greens, they attacked me, I was being the all-friendly-pacifist hib ofc (if we go back like 3 years ;p). With my green mainhander and blue offhander.

And I am sure everyone remembers his first encounter with the enemy realm(s) :)

anotherfemalenorse.jpg

This was a memorable moment for my small guild as well, the first killed enemy in rvr (together):
(Note my technical insight along the lines)
Cordain.jpg

Got a ton of old pics with nice moments but these came to mind now :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Rookiescot said:
One memory that stands out for me was the first time I ever went into Mithra Tomb.
I remember looking at loads and loads of tombstones and thinking to my "What the bloody hell lives down here? Its gotta be bad cos its killed all these guys".
Spent a while craping myself in case something like the Jabberwoky jumped out and ate me.
Then a kinda small Iguana arrived and tore me a new arse.
I was genuinly embarassed at that point.

gotta love that ;>

alot of great momories, makes me get a tear in my eye ;)

my fondest memory must be:

my big and strong troll shaman exping with a ½ a group or something in yggdra, at the undead cap close to the border keep, suddenly a purple infi jumps us (i had no idea people could that, never ever seen anybody stealth) my heart pumped and we killed him - i was high on andrenaline and we cheered. Later he came back with a minstrel (i think) and killed us ;/

or

back in classic, i joined my guild in rvr (me around around lvl 30, and rest 50 ;>) in sauvage. 4-5-6 people. Going near keep, we meet 3 albs, they almost killed us, i think we fled and and hid. we sent Belxavier and Gustav out to scout for them so we could try and attack them again. I was so impressed. Scouting. seemed like an awful smart idea ;> i think i got 500 rp's that night, later when i was in thid and got 1 rp per kill with my warrior i though, omg my shaman pwns... 500 kills!

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
classic days:

Making a guild with some rl buddies, <Knights of Stathelle> :D

Going keeptake as lvl 24 Sorcerer with other lvl 50's in middieland with <Avengers of Pendragon> :)

Defending strength relics in woods close to Excalibur keep or wtf its called, vs swarming hibs

SI days:
Killing the dragon for the first time as hibbie ;D

Watching the hib tournament

Dinging lvl 50 with VW :)

ToA days:

Getting my ranger template done woooot :)

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
remebered one more thing

enetering the game on a weekday and doing /gc who and seeing 39 peeps online ..... now i see 8 peeps online ... saddens me....

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Have to be when I traveled from Avalon Marsh to find camelot as level 7 cleric .. avalonian ofcourse took me about 3 hours and I ended up at Castle Excalibur.

Or each time someone PMed me on my cleric asking for a rez near Nymphs i Salisbury Plains.

Or maybe the first victory against a Salisbury Giant around level 14 (purple-con green giant .. wuwuwu)

Or when my group asked me to bodypull (my first pull) at goblins in Lyonesse.

Or first time I saw a paladin in his epic armour (first day you could see the texture)

Or when I by mistake pulled 6 greens, 4 blues, 2 yellow and 1 orange Nymph with my paladin, and lived (No .... I didnt run off .. twisting ftw) ... Think I was level 16 or so .. had a level 10 AFK cleric stuck to me.

When Vindicator gave me 5 gold!!!!

When some scout payed me 1gold to taxi him from PKB to CS as a level 7 minstrel... He had to lead ofcourse as I didnt know the way ... Died on my way back and had to spend some of that hard-earnt cash to buy back con :-(

When 3 lvl50 sorceres released their Telamon pets in Cornwall Station and they pwned all the guards and me because I was healing the guards.

When I as a level1 cleric tried to heal a purple con player who was hurt like 15% and it cost me all my mana... (dont remember the level of the player but around 26 .. she had a moor boggie as pet)

When I soloed my first orange con, only to be dismissed by a theurgist who killed a red without trouble :-/

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
My first real trip into Dartmoor, was at lvl 42 with my sorc.

I was the primary mezzer in the grp, but my mezz would only stick like 10% of the time, so the grp cleric was helping me by stunning them, as i would usually die in 1-2 hits ^^

We later went on to just hunt nameds around Dartmoor.

I died around 9-10 times that evening and noone else in the grp died once ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom