Your all n00bs!

D

dOoOb

... this was passed on by a friend of mine. Gideon GM of sotl gives his veiws on albion.

Quoted from Gideon

I really couldn't care less what people outside of my guild are up to or what level they are at. I'm pointing out that you can't be doing exactly as you please and still be expecting to win. It is something people don't seem to understand here. The fact that most of the people posting here aren't level 50 was just a good illustration for my purposes.

And as ***** said, 90% of the people here are n00bs to me or my guild. Does anyone else have experience of high end EQ? I would really like to know if you do because the only people I've met with any concept of all this and how farcical things are at the moment are myself, ***** and *****.

Heed his words. The king of n00bs has spoken!

P

Pixie.Pebr

Uhm.. yeah.
And posting it on this public board will surely improve the cooperation and the way we look at each other in Albion/Prydwen.

sarcasm
Great move lad, I am truly proud of you!
/sarcasm

By the way, from where is that quote?
And who are you?

O

old.Tyraette

remind me, what was this post suposed to achieve?

was this supposed to bring the realm closer together or crucify one player, who btw has helped me out on a couple of occasions (although im sure he doesnt remember it:))

go away and stir your troubles elsewhere, cos that was absolutely pointless

although im not the biggest sotl fan, crap like that doesnt exactly help.

is there such a thing as an anti-bump? so we can get rid of this pointless, dafamatory shit faster?

O

old.Revz

That quote is part of a much longer post I made in what is something like a five page thread on our alliance officer forums. It is also out of context (at the very least quote my whole post and the previous one please) as I'm sure most people have worked out.

The more interesting question to solve is whom has enabled you to quote it here considering only a handful of people in the entire realm are able to read it. I suspect you might have caused a lot more trouble for yourself then me when that is established.

PS. The phrase is "You're all n00bs!" mr smarty pants.

O

old.Pyrotechnix

A very nice case of selective quotation to try and stir crap up and paint a totally false picture.

The thread was a discussion about the possibility of joining more alliances/guilds together to create 1 large alliance. Pro's and con's being given from each point of view from a range of Unity officers.

Gid's response was to another officer calling us all a bunch of n00bs in a light hearted way, ie with a :) . His use of n00b was in the context of not knowing a lot of the rest of the realm and the problems that may incur by suddenly all being in the same alliance.

We were also discussing the fact the level > all in RvR and the need for more level 50's within Albion. Again, this brought discussion from varying points of view.

Finally, I, myself, made the comparison with the high end EQ game that several of us have experienced. At the moment we are woefully behind the organisation shown by EQ guilds. It takes much too long to organise for raids and get moving. I deliberately posted that this was aimed at SotL at least as much as at Albion as a whole.

So thankyou Mr/Mrs Anon poster for trying to stir up shit within Albion for SotL. Hopefully, people reading this will realise just what a nob you really are.

Whats more concerning is that someone with access to the Unity Alliance OFFICER forum should act in this way. Hopefully your mummy or daddy will decide to stop paying for your daoc account and send you back out on your paper round instead.

Regards,

Pyrotechnix
Servants of the Lake

0ld.mili

basically who could give a fuck if your new or dont understand the game? if your that botherd about people being new and not knowing everything then something is wrong with you.

<not a flame at anyone, just something i have thought about before>

J

Jupitus

I am personally disgusted both that an officer within our alliance has the lack of respect for the trust of others to quote anything from a private forum, and also that they would so blatantly misquote a person in a cheap and pathetic effort to try to bring them into disrepute. Sad, very sad.

Come on - show your balls and tell us who you are, instead of hiding behind some pathetic anonymous id. Bloody goon.

O

old.mattshanes

everyone has been new to the game so does it matter???

O

old.Tyraette

i think people are getting the wrong idea about this post completely.

for starters, what we're angry about <and lords knows why im getting involved, but its the principle of it> is that someone who must obviously be in a fairly 'highup' position in this alliance, has deliberately taken a quote from a private forum, and posted it totally out of context purely for the aim of tainting gideon and the sotl's name. this seems to be a personal slander on gideon, as our mystery friend has edited out the other names.

obviously, this is not a mature way to behave, and godhelp him when we find out the identity of this troublemaking twat

now, to address posts made by mili and mattshanes, and no doubt countless other ppl, this post was not talking about albion or its people within it in any way, as regards to the game. I would wager that out of the 1500 or so people who play this game on a regular basis, at least 50% of them do not have dealings with the unity alliance or the sotl. this entire thread seems to be about discussing the possibilities of merging the 3 or 4 current alliances into 1. now, gideons input into this was that not everyone knows how the unity (or whichever one the sotl are in) alliance works, and are 'noobish' to how their particular alliance operates. this was not a damning opinion on new players to the game, its just fact. i have had limited dealings with sotl, not all of them pleasant, but have been playing the game since retail. I would, and im sure everyone would agree, not a n00b regarding the game, but definitely a n00b with regards to the sotl, and their alliance.

Gideons point was that by merging the alliances, you would have a large amount of confusion as noone would really know where they stand, what they and other people are to be doing, and so on. Obviously, to succeed in this game, organisation is imperative. This is a perfectly valued opinion, and as such, can be voiced without fear of being quoted by some muppet on the board being vidictave and attempting to crucify him.

Frankly, whoever the muppet is, i hope that he gets booted out of the alliance, and out of his guild.

i hope this clears up this issue once and for all

Yours

Tyr

O

old.JohnBoy

funny thing is.... I bet they find out who it was ;)

ways and means my young grasshopper... ways and means :)

K

kr0n

dOoOb
Penge Resident

shame shame... Cant even post under your own name!

Registered just for this post... :/

Set-up, its all that...

Im a n00b, can people still love me?

L

lakih

Wow, that doOob really tried to stir up some hard feelings... i meen, cant ppl talk trash (witch i understand this wasnt) about other players without getting "hanged out" in a public forum...

geez if you knew how much me and my friends trashtalked our alliance, guildes, other guilds, hibernia as a realm, other players and other realms we whould prolly be banned for life...

I think the post doOob did was really unnessesery (nm the spelling, you know what i mean) and a stupid atempt to put Gideon in bad rep.
Well... anyway i hope u find the mule and kick him in the arse (or the frontside, same hight), we dont like ppl like that in this game.

O

old.Vengance

pssst

/whispers

psst, Layl that link's missing the *h* in http :p

/side steps away

/whistles innocent tune.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by old.JohnBoy
funny thing is.... I bet they find out who it was ;)

ways and means my young grasshopper... ways and means :)

We will, we will.

O

old.mattshanes

oh well u always get someone who makes a nice person look bad even i had that too when i aint a bad guy at all as most albs will tell u :)

O

old.Tyraette

weeeeeeeelll, you do hear rumours of late night sessions with the giants , i mean, youre spending far to much time with them, people will start putting two and two together ;)

<imagines a hybrid of Mattshanes and a giant>

<runs away in madness chanting weeble weeble sclurp>

M

Myshra

whoever posted this is, is a complete spanker.

pld idiot

O

old.Kram

Lol, gj posting this? .. duh ..

Delete the thread whom ever you are, stupid faker .. or stand by your accusations with your real name/nick! ..

I :puke: fakers

O

old.mattshanes

?????????? eh????? tyraette u r confusing me :eek6: :eek6:

K

kr0n

/whispers

psst, Layl that link's missing the *h* in http

/side steps away

/whistles innocent tune.

Soz... waz drunk when I made the profile.

B

BlitheringIdiot

To make a new account hasnt this mystery person got to submit their email address. If you know what there address is, then you'll know who it is. Im sure if you ask the administrators nicely and explain the situation then they might just give you the address, they are human after all...

O

old.Jadow

Wouldn't hold your breath <data protection act>

Jadow
Level 50 Infiltrator
Order of The Knights Templar

B

BlitheringIdiot

Bah! Just because its illegal doesnt make it wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom