Rant You save a fortune on council tax when.....

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Your bank refuses to allow any payments to your local council. Which they did once, and can only assume is the reason as to why my last payments have not gone out.

Some games company in America? Fine, Scottish council? no chance!

Even more amusing is my bank IS Scottish and has its head office a short walk from the council office.

THIS is going to be fun to sort out.

Interestingly the refused payments don't even seem to show up on my account.....

Also no contact from the council about it.....

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Santander took over my Alliiance & Leicester business account about 3-4 years ago now. And today, when I tried to register for online banking, they told me they still haven't finished the online banking site, and that I'd have to use the old one - which requires a degree in rocket science, it truly is shite.

Banks are amazing. They open for less time than the shops around them. They offer rubbish interest rates. They charge a fortune if you make a mistake. They don't accept that they must compensate you similarly when they make a mistake (as Santander recently did when their phone banking service broke, pushing my personal account beyond its overdraft limit and stopping my mortgage payment from going out).

And just recently I've been trying to remortgage my house because Northern Rock went tits up, only despite never having missed a payment ever, Virgin (who took over) are umming and ahhing about whether I can afford a mortgage with them (I can, very easily).

They're all a load of fucking wankers IMO.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Santander have the worst customer service in the world! Also the worst bank in the world. Useless at doing anything.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Seems Natwest's computer systems have failed again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom