You on this one Summo?

E

Embattle

I always like there estimates of numbers, I know sumo is fat but no need to count he 100,000 times ;)

S

Summo

Hey! I'm not even slightly fat. :eek:

And no, Ono. I'm all for the war now. A GUY CAN CHANGE HIS MIND CAN'T HE? Now we just need to ship half our police force over there to tie the whole place up with red tape thus preventing crime.

"I think the invasion is sliding into a colonial occupation"

Stop the War coalition spokesman Chris Nineham
This sort of thing makes me embarassed that I went on the first march. :(

Y

~YuckFou~

A little late for a protest.
Horse - Barn Door - Bolting.

N

nath

I don't think many of the protestors thought they were actually going to stop the war tbh. Doesn't mean they shouldn't have tried.

(the ones that did were obviously a bit dense :/)

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by nath
I don't think many of the protestors thought they were actually going to stop the war tbh. Doesn't mean they shouldn't have tried.

(the ones that did were obviously a bit dense :/)

Well one spokeswomen said they had managed to delay the war!!! (yes whilst the UK/USA were trying to get a 2nd res at the UN :rolleyes: )

:ROFLMAO:

X

xane

I heard one CND spokesperson on the radio this morning saying how the American military invasion was wrong and Iraq should have been liberated using internal political revolution. Seeing as alternative political partys were punishable by death I can't seriously see how this could have been achieved.

Basically, every day another "excuse" from the anti-American protest gets blown away as we see more developments. Remember the criticism of "Shock and Awe" not working, well this report seems to suggest otherwise.

The level of casualties in the war, even using the Iraqi estimates, was extraordinarily low, especially in light of the rate Saddam used to kill people. Another excuse of "100,000s of deaths from the war" swept away.

The group's spokesman Chris Nineham said he believed "a great deal more problems" lay ahead for the British and US forces as they tried to take over Iraq's administration.

"I don't really believe the fighting is over - I think the invasion is sliding into a colonial occupation," he said.

Personally, I'm still optimistic that the Americans wont turn Iraq into a colonial outpost, the protests seem to be directed at this line of FUD now. Based on their previous record of predictions, I have as much faith in what any of the protestors say as I have in Mo al-Sahhaf.

D

Damini

Originally posted by xane
I heard one CND spokesperson on the radio this morning saying how the American military invasion was wrong and Iraq should have been liberated using internal political revolution. Seeing as alternative political partys were punishable by death I can't seriously see how this could have been achieved.

Not to mention the fact that most of the more active activists stood up to be counted in the last Gulf War, and got either exiled or a little bit executed after Daddy Bush buggered off home.

E

Embattle

Protesters Say = 200,000

Police Say = 20,000

Lol

O

old.D0LLySh33p

The Iraqi Information Minister would say it was 2.

O

Ono

Regardless of what these fucking hippies have to say there is no denying that the war is justified just through witnessing the sheer joy of the Iraqi people now that Sadamm has been deposed.

War is good.

Bring on Syria and N Korea. :cool:

N

nath

Originally posted by Ono
there is no denying that the war is justified just through witnessing the sheer joy of the Iraqi people now that Sadamm has been deposed.

lol.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Ono
Regardless of what these fucking hippies have to say there is no denying that the war is justified just through witnessing the sheer joy of the Iraqi people now that Sadamm has been deposed.

War is good.

Bring on Syria and N Korea. :cool:

I couldnt agree more.

And dont forget Zimbabwe either!!

Users who are viewing this thread