you miss! you miss! you miss !

M

mid_Efour

Whine mode on...

Is it me or do Midgard swords Miss LOADS in PvE?
me and a mate are tag teaming on umbrood warriors, he using hammers and me with my sword and when we are OOE, all i do is miss comapred to him just hitting nonstop, Even styles i tend to miss alot more than him. Has it been proven swords are actually rather shite at hitting things?? (im guessing hes doing non stop provoke )

we are both lvl 50 both using prince dropped 1 handed 25% bonus weps, oh and hes a thane with 44 weapons + whatever and im warrior with 50 + whatever

Anyone shed some light on the matter, if it wasnt for my better block rate i think id be dead now in PvE cos i dont seem to hit anything anymore that often

whine mode off....

G

georgus

Does he have higher dex? Pretty sure it effects chance to hit but cant find post on Camelot Herald with information in it.

P

pudzy

Funnily enough yes

My warriors about to ding 37, he has 34 axe 34 shield, cos he needs to train :p, but killing mobs orange + i miss like crap, especially when its on its last hp. I use a wicked crafted wepa ll items are great, buffed through my teeth and still i miss :/. Gay game sometimes. 211 Dex buffed too :(

M

mid_Efour

HAHAAH no hes a THANE does he have higher dex stupid question

I seem to miss more with Higher dex its BS i think its coded onto sword styles to hit modifier, all must have 75% chance to miss

S

SilverHood

Only STR affects your chance to hit with swords, axes and hammers, and as a Thane, with his self buff, he will hit more often than a warrior without buffs, because he has higher STR...

I have 270 STR when buffed (with self buff only), and hardly ever miss

P

pudzy

Just hapend to me and i nearly died with my group - like 15misses ot my 4hits, lukily we have a wicked nuker.

C

Cernos

Can't remember what patch it happened in, but Mythic basically nerfed the hit rate against orange+ mobs for all melee classes. Noticed it a lot with my Hero. I could rarely solo oranges anyway, not without huge downtime, but then it became impossible because of the misses. Good going Mythic, melee is so overpowered in this game compared to magic, that's why we never see many casters in the three realms, right? :D

I've also noticed that thing with missing more when the mob is on its last legs. Seems to be something built into the code for everyones extra enjoyment, a bit like the 'make something bad happen because someone is about to ding' code :)

Cernos
50 Celt Hero, Raven Ardent, Hib Pryd

U

ulukin

Originally posted by mid_Efour
we are both lvl 50 both using prince dropped 1 handed 25% bonus weps

Pretty sure that wont help, bonus as you must already know affects chance to hit.

K

kr0n

I've also noticed that thing with missing more when the mob is on its last legs. Seems to be something built into the code for everyones extra enjoyment, a bit like the 'make something bad happen because someone is about to ding' code

That is so true. I remember dying like 3 times each level from 22 to 27 1 bub before level with my first char in Catacombs back in 1.36 without self BT. Shit happens :(

M

mavericky

I would say try using a crafted 35% bonus weapon, and see whether that helps you out, when i changed it seemed to make my hit ratio better when i run out of end

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by mavericky
I would say try using a crafted 35% bonus weapon, and see whether that helps you out, when i changed it seemed to make my hit ratio better when i run out of end

Crafted weapons are a must at lev 50,unless of course you have one of the realms rare dropped 100% quality ones;).

Higher the quality the higher actual dps is,to find out actual dps check weapon damage under weapon skill in stats window,and add a decimal point ie:- 1603 weapon damage becomes 16.03 actual dps.

I would definately go along with Mavericky and go for crafted,they may not cure the missing,but they sure would have done a lot more damage by the time you `re ooe;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom