you lot been reading the patchnotes?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It was annoying fighting another realm who were quite capable of being able to defend their zones if they bothered to put in the effort, but were too lazy to organise themselves to go and defend. Instead they all hurried along to the fortress instead of the zones.

Fortresses were too easy for defenders to get to (as long as they got there early enough), it shouldn't be the case. It was an awful bottleneck, bottlenecks involving hundreds of players just do not work in MMORPGs.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
its still better now then what we will get.

and yes it should be easy for the defenders to get to their forts... its their forts, not the enemys.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Removing forts is rediculous.

It's just another admission by Mythic that they cannot fix the server problems that led them to cap the fort populations and then failed to come up with a suitable solution to the dual fort take situation which the overpopulated realms could attack two forts at once and guarantee capturing one or both.

Wonderful, we can't fix it, so we'll remove it.....now the side with the greater population still wins and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I also love the stun changes..."stagger" is just mezz by a different name and doesn't fix any of the root problems with CC in this game. Some stuns are replaced with kd's as well, wow, whats the difference? Not an awful lot.

There are some good changes and fixes in this patch, but theres a lot of questionable things as well and the patch notes repeat themselves many times, so one fix is sometimes mentioned three or four times which makes it seem like more has been done in this patch that in actuality there has been.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
aye, noticed the AM changes is listed a few times :)

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe it's only me, but I am getting mighty tired of the "Live Events" they keep pushing out, none of them have been very interesting (except the Wild Hunt one, that was nice) and generally it comes across as cheap, simple and ultimately boring content.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Maybe it's only me, but I am getting mighty tired of the "Live Events" they keep pushing out, none of them have been very interesting (except the Wild Hunt one, that was nice) and generally it comes across as cheap, simple and ultimately boring content.

they are probably only meant to break up the even more boring SC grind with revisits to the ones we used to play.

and i really did like to play gates of ekrund as a lvl 40 :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I found the Magus notes underwhelming but of course not being active I cannot say if there is more to read between the lines. I find it ironic that Changing Magus is getting the Throwing Arm equivilent and yet I always found I needed to load Close Quarters to do decent damage. So unless they are scaling up the damage output for Changing spec you can just do crap damage from further away :D

Haven't checked back on WHA for a few days, I'll maybe putter over and see if any Magi are providing any feedback yet from test servers.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well, the +range tactic should make up for what they did to dissolving mist, atleast a little. means we can spam that from ferther away and get more ppl caught in it.

so you might get your heroic saves back roo :)

tho reversing DM to how it were is ofc to be preffered...

/edit: well, close quarters and the +range tactic might be a viable combo :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Removing forts is rediculous.

It's just another admission by Mythic that they cannot fix the server problems that led them to cap the fort populations and then failed to come up with a suitable solution to the dual fort take situation which the overpopulated realms could attack two forts at once and guarantee capturing one or both.

Wonderful, we can't fix it, so we'll remove it.....now the side with the greater population still wins and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Theres more bugs than that in the forts - the whole issue of belt farmers screwing their own side, defenders entering the zone before its active to break the defense caps etc. etc.

It needs a massive overhaul and I guess it is an admission that the servers just cannot cope with it.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
how could mythic screw up rvr so bad when they practically invented it!

:m00:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

It's been said on almost every topic somewhere, but it's still baffling how Mythic could create a game to which large scale rvr was the principle selling point and the central focus, but the game and the servers are woefully unable to deliver on this.

DAoC > WAR, even nowadays, and thats just laughable.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

i dont think its that many left of the "supercrew" from DAoC left, and they just dont know what to do.

anyway, about the removal of forts. it might not be as bad as it look. as they will improve the keeps alot so its harder to take (note: the extra ramp was to get rid of the chokepoint, not to make it easier to take. tho that idea failed to).

as far as i've understood. it will take into account the number of defenders, the level of the keep the overall ranks of the players (both attacking and defending. but if that means RR or career rank i dunno) and the number of attackers.

so if theres 2 warbands defending and 5+ attacking, the keep will be alot tougher then if it were the other way around.

wich could prove to be interesting. so heres hoping they dont fuck the game up even more...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Thanks for posting that :)

Some good changes, but it's taken them over a year to get to grips with some of the fundimental problems THEY WERE TOLD ABOUT OVER AND OVER IN BETA!!!

Sorry, but it's just way too late, there are much better games around and they have STILL not addressed one of the main problems, the boring linear pve based shitty siege, ups, i meant city siege, nope, was right the first time.

The other main problem when i played was realm balance, probably the real game breaker for me in a game that numbers = win. Have they fixed this yet?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
theres no easy tay to fix city sieges. not with the immense problems the game face with all the lag and stuff. because they would have to get rid of all the instances and only have 1 for everyone.

when they can do that they can start to look at removing the pve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom