You know you've been playing too much Planetside when ....

V

ViscountC

You take the works' van out on a job and pretend you're doing an ANT run.

You start to compare the handling of the van to an AMS.

You think that if you crouch and walk really slowly you'll be able to get past the boss's desk unseen.

You say that you just missed the HART when asked why you were late for work.

You see a strange reflection in a shop window, shout "Cloaked enemy detected" and then wonder why Darklight isn't working.

You climb the stairs at work thinking "I wonder if there's a MAX lying in wait at the top?"

You wonder where the equipment terminals have gone every time you get out of a lift.

You try to bind at a cashpoint/ATM.

You start marking your A to Z with bright yellow waypoints.

You crash your car because you thought you were driving the Harrasser.

You see the dent in your car and you scream for an engineer to repair it.

You wonder how long you'll have to wait to spawn a new car after writing off your current transport.

You miss-time an important tackle on Sunday morning and try to blame it on lag.

You think you need to press the "push to talk" button before you can say something to the wife.

S

Sarum TheBlack

:clap: Not don't any of those yet, I expect it won't be long before I routinely start wishing I could ride a Reaver to uni rather than cycling there.

I still have a strong urge to jump on a ride off any motorbikes I see parked after playing GTA:VC. :p

- You write "how to know you've done something too much" posts

:flame:

M

mid_Efour

you make a thread about

"You know you've been playing too much Planetside when ...."

i like the reflection one, cloaked enemy detected! :)

V

ViscountC

The scary thing is several of the above have really happened to me, including the reflection one! OK, I resisted the urge to shout, but my first instinct was to draw a weapon I hadn't got!

:)

O

old.RedVenom

S T U P I D.

STUPID THREAD

Hi, I'm an attention whore! :D

U

Uriron

Stupid reply redvenom, if you have nothing to add then do us a favour don't bother replying

G

Gravity

^^^^^^^^^^^^
STUPID POST!!!!!!! (redvenoms that is)

:m00:

B

bone_idle

I wonder why i dont lose 1 or 2 health when walking down the stairs in my house. :D

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by bone_idle
I wonder why i dont lose 1 or 2 health when walking down the stairs in my house. :D

hehe :D

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Originally posted by bone_idle

You're obviously not running fast enough. Keep trying ;)

T

Tenko

I have actually strafed circle people when walking round them, I looked a right muppet!

I have found my hands forming the shape of holding a pump action shotgun when running down the stairs in our office block.

Saw someone I didnt like and almost saw their name above their head in red, which to be honest has to be the worse thing. Actually halucinating (or nearly doing so) must be quite serious.

Anyone see the program on the other night about sleepwalkers? There was a heavy games player who was re-enacting the games when he sleepwalked, sometimes quite violently. :(

Strangely enought the peeps at work all thought of me when they saw it.
:eek:

J

Jupitus

... you see a speed camera and think 'Turret!' :D

(Genuine one that... ;))

S

Spinky

What makes me wonder Tenko, is why are you forming a shotgun in your hands, if it's a bloody mouse you use to play fps oO? Should be looking like you're trying to grab hold of a rock or something instead of an actual weapon :|

Oh and imo

You think you need to press the "push to talk" button before you can say something to the wife.

That one's actually twoo irl :x

N

-Nuked-

you try to hack into the dishwasher with the cheese grater, wonder why its not working, rush upstairs, pull out a cert from primary school for sports day and run around the house looking for a terminal to untrain so you can get adv hacking instead to try again and hack into the dishwasher! cant figure out where the terminal is so instead you start to search for the RL map of where to find it, you find what you think is the map but instead its directions to the local chinese take away! but that will do as you have forgotten why you need the map, or adv hacking anyway!

true story!

F

Faeldawn

You know you've been playing too much Planetside when you ...

...write a Barryswhine post about playing too much Planetside

...reply to a Barryswhine post about playing too much Planetside

...start getting turned on by the way a certain characters pixels jiggle

...wonder why your Polyfiller-Gun doesnt fix your car

...jump off the roof and seem surprised at the reality of Newtons Law of Gravity when your legs break on impact

...dress up in purple attire (VS) ,go running round the desert in a bus (Sund) and wonder why people refer to you as Priscilla (Queen of The Desert, really bad Aussie movie staring Guy Pearce, Mike from Neighbours :))

U

Uriron

You know you've played too many FPS games when upon sitting down at your PC at work whilst creating a word / excel / powerpoint etc.. document your right hand goes to the mouse and your left hand goes instantly to WASD.

I do this all the time @ work ;)

O

OrbitalDirk

Ive bloody done that too Uriron... sad isnt it?

P

[PS]Nova

You drive up a road and see something lying in the road just before you go over it and think "SHIT! MINE!"

And that one has unfortunately happened too. Luckily I (for it was me that was that half-asleep) managed to realise it wasn't true before I swerved into the nearby wall :p

S

Spinky

Is this where somone is supposed to make to obligitary joke about women drivers? :p

ps, i wasn't gonna, but it was too tempting not to mention it :D :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Didn't you mention that you'll be a driving instructor?

That will be pure comedy... hehe
"Mine!! You n00b ffs!"
"Time for an ANT run, Mr. Brown."
"Please go slow around bases."

O

old.Tbird

Originally posted by Faeldawn
...wonder why your Polyfiller-Gun doesnt fix your car
Nope that's not a sign, i've had cars that i've fixed with Polyfilla :)

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Spinky
Is this where somone is supposed to make to obligitary joke about women drivers? :p

:rolleyes: why is it WHENEVER I post to any thread concerning vehicles of any kind, SOMEONE feels the need to make a comment regarding women drivers?

:eek: Next person to do it gets :mgwhore:

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Didn't you mention that you'll be a driving instructor?

That will be pure comedy... hehe
"Mine!! You n00b ffs!"
"Time for an ANT run, Mr. Brown."
"Please go slow around bases."

Sigh. Yes.

Although you can see the humour inherent in it.

"OK Mr. Brown, when you see that shadow, that means a Reaver's overhead, so you need to swerve the Sunderer sharply left - No! Not through that wall, please! Try to get it through the gap just to the right. Yes, that's good, now try and keep to a sensible speed while still swerving wildly from left to right to avoid those rockets. What do you mean, what's that blue flashing light from behind us? It must be someone in a Magrider wanting to get past - never mind them, they will be able to get past in a minute, they can strafe through trees after all. Right now we're in an open space, which is never a good thing. Keep an eye out for anti-vehicle MAXes on the walls over there, and try to screech to a halt just in front of that door over there. OK, brake now. I said, BRAKE NOW! HIT THE BRAKES YOU FOOL! [pause] OK now you have managed to get a Sunderer inside Sainsbury's. Can you tell me what you did wrong?"

:p

S

Spinky

Originally posted by [PS]Angel
:rolleyes: why is it WHENEVER I post to any thread concerning vehicles of any kind, SOMEONE feels the need to make a comment regarding women drivers?

Sigh. Yes.

:fluffle:

Being that I don't actually have a license, it sort of reminds me about a futurama episode 'The cyber house rules' where the blind kid mocks Leela for having only one eye, but hey :p

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by [PS]Angel

I'd better keep quiet then :)

;)

P

[PS]Nova

Yes, you better :p

Or I will get you into a squad so I don't get any grief :p

J

Jupitus

<insert suitably witty sexist statement about women drivers here>

I'll call that a place holder :p

Users who are viewing this thread