You know your old when......

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
They're "re-imagining" films you saw when you were 19 :(

Total Recall rehash ? exit Martians, enter Jessica Biel ? The Register

There's probably a thread about this somewhere already but I'm too old and crochety to look, neh!

Poor mr k dick must be turning in his grave, its not even going to be set on Mars this time.

curse you Hollywood and your lack of ambition, go find some new scripts and take a chance rather than the remake treadmill :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yeah I lost all interest in that when I heard colin sodding farrel was playing quaid :(

...also, you know you're old when they play music on the radio in the golden oldie section and you can remember when it came out, bastards lol

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't care, if i don't feel like watching it, i don't. It doesn't destroy the old movie, it doesn't diminish the quality of it and it might actually be an interesting new look on an older story.

In other words; where's the harm?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You know you're old when...

30 year olds call you Sir and get up to give you their seat...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I don't care, if i don't feel like watching it, i don't. It doesn't destroy the old movie, it doesn't diminish the quality of it and it might actually be an interesting new look on an older story.

In other words; where's the harm?

On the flip side, where's the fucking imagination? There's an enormous catalogue of great SF out there waiting to be filmed, but Philip K Dick gets his whole ouvre picked over (usually badly) because snobs in Hollywood think he's more "literary" than genre.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
You know you're old when you mix up "your" and "you're".

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You know you're old when someone says "the nineties" and you think "yeah that's only ten years ag.....wait....FFS"

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You know you're old when someone says "the nineties" and you think "yeah that's only ten years ag.....wait....FFS"

Can relate to that.

You know you're old when you're talking to a girl in the bar and she pops in the conversation that she was born in the 90s :eek7:

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Or when somebody new joins the place where you work and you realise you've worked there longer than he's been alive.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Thats the only thing they can do nowadays, ruin old classics instead of coming up with a original thought.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
I watched total recall when I was about 10, do I win? :D

Total Recall, Demo Man, True Lies, Red Heat, Raw Deal, Conan the Barbarian, 48 hours, Bev Hills Cop, terminator, robocop, Aliens, Predator and all the greats :D Damn them movies shit all over the ones nowadays, really hope they don't remake em.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I was rather angry and mortified when I heard that jennifer sodding whatsherface is going to be playing Miss Marple, I mean wtf? the whole point of miss marple is that she's a doddering old biddy who no one takes seriously until she wtfpwns them and solves the crime...while eating cucumber sandwiches with the local vicar.

It's like Robert Downer jr doing Sherlock, now I liked that film...but not as a sherlock holmes film, I just thought of it as a victorian crimefighter and then I got on fine with it. Why can't people just invent original characters rather that poaching well established ones and deconstructing/reinventing them so that they are well known only in name.

It totally lacks originality and is just plain lazy in my book, eff off and get your own bloody ideas!!...this is when you know you are old, when you wake up with a hangover and all you want to do is put the world to rights :(

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I was rather angry and mortified when I heard that jennifer sodding whatsherface is going to be playing Miss Marple, I mean wtf? the whole point of miss marple is that she's a doddering old biddy who no one takes seriously until she wtfpwns them and solves the crime...while eating cucumber sandwiches with the local vicar.

It's like Robert Downer jr doing Sherlock, now I liked that film...but not as a sherlock holmes film, I just thought of it as a victorian crimefighter and then I got on fine with it. Why can't people just invent original characters rather that poaching well established ones and deconstructing/reinventing them so that they are well known only in name.

It totally lacks originality and is just plain lazy in my book, eff off and get your own bloody ideas!!...this is when you know you are old, when you wake up with a hangover and all you want to do is put the world to rights :(

Im signing up as the second member of the grumpy hungover world fixers club. What's first on the aenda for fixing, Hollywood? I also want texan bars back in the shops, where's my damn texan bar??

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I want them to change Daim bars back to Dime bars tbh!! That's second on the agenda after texan bars and then a bacon sammidge and a nap, all in favour say Aye!

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I want Starbursts to be called Opal Fruits

I want beef Monster Munch to taste like they used to

Tootie Fruities were softer, bigger and tasted better, now i break my teeth everytime i eat one.

What happened to Toffo's and fruit Polo's

Pink Panther strawberry chocolate bars.....mmmmm

Pacers, they were a geen & white striped minty chew

Spangles

Wagon Wheels were huge, they're tiny now

.....oh sorry Ez.....'Aye'

DaGaffer

I want Starbursts to be called Opal Fruits

On the flipside you now have Starburst ice lollies and other goodies you didn't get back in the Dark Ages.

I want beef Monster Munch to taste like they used to

MSG is a bad thing. Get over it

Tootie Fruities were softer, bigger and tasted better, now i break my teeth everytime i eat one.

My memory is exactly the opposite; all the stuff I liked because it was hard and chewy (Bassetts liquorice sticks in particular, but Wham! bars and Fruit Salad as well) are now soft and rubbish.

What happened to Toffo's and fruit Polo's

I think you can still get Toffos. Fruit Polos were evil and deserved to die.

Pink Panther strawberry chocolate bars.....mmmmm

Oh my God, they were disgusting.

Pacers, they were a geen & white striped minty chew

Also not that nice, and lets face it there are a billion minty alternatives available today.

Also a piece of 70s nostalgia that weren't as nice as people remember. I tried some Old English ones from a traditional sweetshop recently. Boring.

Wagon Wheels were huge, they're tiny now

No, you were small, now you are large.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be. Generally speaking if you have a sweet tooth there's more and better choice today than there was when we were kids. Marketing and brand extensions aren't all bad.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Wow Gaff, whats pissed you off this morning???

*and i'm not that large*

DaGaffer

Why can't people just invent original characters rather that poaching well established ones and deconstructing/reinventing them so that they are well known only in name.

In the case of Sherlock Holmes, three words, "copyright, out of", tells you everything you need to know. Are the early Agatha Christies out of copyright yet? Can't be far off if not already.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Why can't people just invent original characters rather that poaching well established ones and deconstructing/reinventing them so that they are well known only in name.

I wish people would stop complaining about things that have no effect on them, much like Mister Jefferson said(paraphrasing); "It does me no harm if my neighbour believes in ten gods or one. It neither breaks my leg, nor picks my pocket."

Ofcourse it's misquoted and paraphrased, but yoiu get the idea ;)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
As a grumpy hungover world fixers club member I reserve the right to complain about anything that annoys me no matter how trivial or stupid!

I'm not sure DaGaffer and Toht are member material, theyre making comments that sound like the ramblings of young people.

I'm off to watch reruns of The Sweeney, now thats a PROPER cop show....

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
As a grumpy hungover world fixers club member I reserve the right to complain about anything that annoys me no matter how trivial or stupid!

I'm not sure DaGaffer and Toht are member material, theyre making comments that sound like the ramblings of young people.

You must be old...

DaGaffer

Wow Gaff, whats pissed you off this morning???

Apart from the fact its Monday, nothing. I just don't really do nostalgia much. The only thing I think was better in the olden days was I could play out until it went dark without my parents thinking I was going to be murdered.

In that case, expect movies of the following.

Take a good look at that list; there are a LOT of movies and tv series' in there.

Ah, you're too kind.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Ofcourse it's misquoted and paraphrased, but yoiu get the idea ;)

lol ....i just can't even type properly, that's how I talk irl rofl

yes true, it does not harm me at all and I'm not about to go on a charles bronson type revenge fuelled killing spree over it...but it does bug me something rotten!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom