You know you play to much daoc when.......

B

belth

You play an assassin and when you're asked what's your job, you reply "I kill people"...

When someone asks you how much you made in your previous job, you reply in average RPs/hour...

O

old.Turath

when you see some ppl walking with long hairand t-shirts that have "save the trees" and "protect the environment", and you take your attack stance and start shouting: "HIBBY's!! HIBBY'S!!! DIE!!

S

starblade

- When you look into your empty fridge for food n drinks and think 'Hell, it 'll pop again in no time'

- When you think 'Coool ... a named one' everytime you encounter someone with an ID badge

C

Clavius

- when you are surprised that you can't pay in gold for your new shirts.

-when you are trying to charm the dog next door.

V

VidX

How to know you have played DAoC for too long (gathered from experience in my house):

1: You start thinking the letters LOL before you start thinking to laugh (As Jinny has said)

2: Flatmates say "Out of Conc" and you instantly think that they should remove some of their own buffs, then realise they actually said "We are out of Coke"

3: Three things your flatmates ask when you leave your room, and only these 3 things: a) "Need more coffee?" b) "Can't hold it in any longer? You drink too much coffee..." c) "Server down?"

4: You begin to think that you are your avatar/toon and you don't need any sleep. Then you wonder why your face has letters permanently imprinted into it after you are suddenly standing in Tir na mBeo.

5: You don't walk in straight lines when you eventually leave your house and enter the 'Real World', as you subconciously try to avoid SBs/Infs/Shades.

6. Rain apparently has no effect to you so you need not bother with an umbrella/coat. Then you wonder why you feel like **** and can't stop sneezing and coughing, and start wondering where the nearest healer with cure poison is...

7. You start thinking you see various DAoC related things in the 'Real World'. Children are mistaken for Lurikeens, and you keep trying to con your household pet before you go near it.

8. Pale, thin people are avoided, especially if they wear purple.

9. When you check your bank account/wallet you find that it is surprisingly less empty than it used to be, must be the priority you hjave placed on that Saturday night relic raid over the weekly trip to the pub/club.

10. When you meet someone new, you have to fight the urge to ask "Are you an alt?"

11. When your kids/siblings come asking for money you occasionally, without thinking, tell them to go XP and that you had no high levels handing you money.

Y

-yoda-

lol who brought this thread back to the top its months old . but also a lot of funny comments to lighten up this board :)

N

nanorch

When you repeatedly flog a dead horse for the umpteenth time :p

^^

P

pogo121

Another few ....

You know when u have played too much DAoC when ur constantly repairing all the doors in your house and reffering to your TV remote as the Relic... :)

You know when you have played to much DAoC when you order something online asking it to be delivered to Cornwall station.

You know when you have played to much DAoC when you reffer to your family as your guild :)

nice post, like these sorts :)

B

Brunore

Originally posted by bracken_woodman

- when you go up to your boss and whisper "task"
- at 6-a-side footy on a friday you yell "looking for group" when the teams are being picked
- when you try and right-click on the local shopkeeper...

These are the best ones :D

N

-Nxs-

Just read this thread, funny and some of it true...

But for me, I know that I've played DAOC for to long... as when I jumped on the scales I'd lost over a stone in weight !!!

Sad... but true :)

O

old.Fangrim

You've played DAoC for too long when you feel personally abused on the BW forums :)

L

loxleyhood

You examine the girlfriend. It is aggressive towards you!

You wander up to your boss and whisper "Task"

D

[DK]hakke

Originally posted by Feldegast
Classic:

U see 2 cats on the street (whatever animal really)
and U think

1. hmm, are they aggro?

2. Do they baf?

Originally posted by starblade

- When you think 'Coool ... a named one' everytime you encounter someone with an ID badge

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know when you have played to much DAoC when you start calling babies Lowbies

B

babaluna VII

- the ability to speak to mids and hibs( hate that yelling thingy)

- different colors of horses :p

A

arladon

I know I've played to much DAoC
After a full week of sickness only playing it;

Didnt get who people in my school where as they didnt have name over them and I tried to press Shift+n

When I soon where 15 years of age I told my friend; Can't wait to be lvl 15.

And I saw a a Norseman Skiltvakten in front of me, shaked my head, he was not there anymore.

None of these are funny but sadly true ;(

G

gwal

you know you´ve played too much daoc when:

you visit friends using a ram instead of the doorbell

you try to get inside your house by using your enter macro

K

kirennia

-When you dream of having all 6 relics in alb possesion,

-Saying lol to your friends instead of actually laughing...never done it but would spin the hell out of me

-When you try to imitate smilies in real life when expressing your word and your friends start asking why you keep titching like you do

-When you want to get someones attention you say <sigh>

D

-Dreama-

You know your husband plays too much DAoC when:

he tells you to stfu...
no, not shut the fu*k up...but stafoo (s t f u)...

Or when you tell your husband to do the dishes and he says wtf?
wtffff (try making that sound, it's not as easy as it looks)

E

erhardtt

Played too much when RL friends finally drag you to a pub, and the beers get empty you ask "who pulls" or you say "EOC".

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

When you jump out of a moving car when you reach the shops before waiting for the driver to stop.

When you mentally type /g before talking to anyone.

Beating up shop assistants in order to get a named drop.

Thinking up witty replies to inane topics like this.

~runs away~

S

Sohan_THC

Not mine but some favo's :)

1. You tell the lady at Walmart you are only interested in dinner knives that proc, and a partical effect would be nice too.

2. Girls are not impressed when you tell them you are lvl 50 and have a very big flaming spear

3. You tell your girlfriend you don't need her, you can "solo" since you can buff yourself, and that since you have a 10 pound jar of vaseline, you are "specced" for it.

4. You tell your secretary she needs to make an /assist macro and learn how to use it, or find another "group".

5. you go to the mall, look around for a bit then ask a stranger "whos CG lead?"

6. You try and do a /stick on your wife at the mall just to keep up

7. while shopping for clothes you haggle with the salesperson because "it doens't even have any stats"

E

elryrith

When you are surfing pics from daoc and SI and instintivly try to select mouse view to look around.

Done that a few time

E

--Eraser--

Originally posted by erhardtt
Played too much when RL friends finally drag you to a pub, and the beers get empty you ask "who pulls" or you say "EOC".

ahaha, thats really the best one...keep em coming please!

J

Jiggs

when u upload a screenshot to your guild's website so you can have the reasurance of seeing your GUI while you are at work.

H

Hit ^_^

when you wonder why all your trash is still in you apartment even tho you shift + d it long time ago.

F

fl-gorre

-when you are trying to convince ur friends while gettin lost in barcelona but havin a map in your hands that it would be so much easier if we brought a compass along
(actually happend :D )

M

Maliz-

.. when you 'raid' the local shop to get food, and want to 'suicide out' in order to get home faster.

.. You examine your friends, they are neutral towards you.

.. You wish you could /who a bar, and see if there are any girls at your level.

.. Your car is refered to as 'horse'

.. You wish you had a bard/mincer/skald when you are walking

.. You wish you could go /anon /afk when someone annoys you

.. You think the female characters look awsomly cute.

.. You wake up from a dream where someone gave you 1 mithril (actually happend to me)

.. Your kids always 'zerg' around while you try to get some quality DAoC time.

.. No cool effects apear no matter how much you wave your arms around.

k, bye :p

B

BrassMonkey

You keep typing like you do in DAoCon all tnigs...i kept typing /gu before talking on msn, my friends were like wtf??

F

feldeshadowbane

When you sit in your car on the way home from work and the beautiful sunset makes you want to push the [-] button (for a screenie)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom