You know when you're addicted to DAOC when...

S

SFXman

....when you pick up a guitar, play some weird tunes and try beat cars to the next intersection by running.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

you walk up to street musicians and ask if he want to group so you can get speedbuff

you play your flute at people expecting them to stand still and then you scream them in the ears before hitting them

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Gombur Glodson
you walk up to street musicians and ask if he want to group so you can get speedbuff

you play your flute at people expecting them to stand still and then you scream them in the ears before hitting them
Hhahaha! Those ones a great :)

K

Keri

Originally posted by Gombur Glodson

This one is definitely my favourite :clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Organ-Grinder

bah i started this thread originally in abl/excal forum :p cant be assed typing all my reasons again . 2nd time ive had a fun thread duplicated in another forum area :p

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Organ-Grinder
bah i started this thread originally in abl/excal forum :p cant be assed typing all my reasons again . 2nd time ive had a fun thread duplicated in another forum area :p
Who ca'es. This thread is everywhere I would say... plus why would all people read such a specific board :)

O

old.Rawkeer

....You develop multiple personalities so you can try different classes

.... You ring up the prime minister to ask if he knows when the next relic raid is gonna happen

.... Instead of sex you now just /blush and /kiss

.... You go to the doctors to get him to cure rezz illness and restore your constitution

....You wonder where your "looking for group" flag is when your lonely

O

old.Tohtori

...your wife is leaving you, your rent is well overdue, your dog just died, your children are going through the trash for food, your goldfish is taking a tan on its belly side, your car is towed away, your grandma is dyin in the hospital and you can only ask one thing....

..."When is the next patch coming out?!"

O

old.NorME

When u just haveto turn on the pc and play DAoC after reading on the forum, then ur really addicted as me.

*poof , off to play again*

F

Feldegast

This is IMHO the best post on this matter:

------------------8<----------------------------------
When your wife cons purple and is aggro...
-------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: Belthazor on thread this

O

old.NorME

true i have had some bad factions there but i managed to bring it up towards friendly again a few times :) just keep buying thjose nice roses...

O

old.Asgorim

- you dont mind gettin hit by a bus, after all its your 1st death this lvl

- start yellin for fighters to join your party at local pub

- won't change / wash your clothes untill they're gray. literally.

- show up at work wearing bedsheet as cloack

- go to bar lookin for some action and wake up with a firbolg (or similiar)

- whine about speed-buffs & lag to the police that cought you after high-speed chase

- yell for cheap tailors at local bazaar

- try to mezz the 2 adds who come chargin at you after you get bit too friendly with a girl at bar

- start hangin out with midgets to stay in character

S

Sortbane

- You go around in town and whistles along to the DAOC theme music (the one when the screen loads, and it actually happened to me just a little while ago :) )

*hops back into game and plays some more*

O

old.Kaylin

Would have to be waking up in the morning and wanting to type lots of /who's to see which of your friends are up.....

and trying to hit the 'R' key whenever someone talks to you.

[or if you play eq ; ), shouting "COP TRAIN TO ZONE" when you get chased by police on the motorway.]

T

[TNN]Aardvark

Playing on a French server where you have no idea what anything says just so you can be in a group of mad irish midgets.. :)

F

Flimgoblin

When you change the tracks on your CD player in your car depending on what town you're driving through.

When another car goes to overtake you change to a more threatening scary tune.

You reverse away from red lights because they're too hard.

O

old.Shengi

...when you do /ignore on your friends, turning the phones off and call in sick just so you could do those extra lvls.

...when you go from reading the forums at home in the morning to reading the forums at work in the daytime to playing the game at home in evening to reading the forums at home in the morning to reading the forums at work in the daytime to playi....

...when you try to measure the aggro on customers coming into the shop with a complaint about something you sold to them while thinking about the coming xping.

heehe..when your boss is calling in wondering how business is going and you say.. "going good m8!, can I call you back in a lil bit. Kinda buzy atm" while infact.. you are writing a reply to this thread!

Guess I call my boss now!

O

old.job

No sh*t, I walk down the street now mentally picturing peoples names above their heads, how handy if it said agressive/neutral when out a Sat night, with a con to say wether they could kick your butt or not. Of course some loonballs have aggressive/purp written all over them anyway, if only I could convince the porks that the 3ft sword on me belt is role playing.

O

old.dittytwo

Originally posted by Shengi
...when you go from reading the forums at home in the morning to reading the forums at work in the daytime to playing the game at home in evening to reading the forums at home in the morning to reading the forums at work in the daytime to playi....

How true is this
see ya online tonight
:m00:

O

old.Gombur Glodson

you yell "GRATZ" everytime someone rings your doorbell

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Asgorim
- you dont mind gettin hit by a bus, after all its your 1st death this lvl

- start yellin for fighters to join your party at local pub

- won't change / wash your clothes untill they're gray. literally.

- show up at work wearing bedsheet as cloack

- go to bar lookin for some action and wake up with a firbolg (or similiar)

- whine about speed-buffs & lag to the police that cought you after high-speed chase

- yell for cheap tailors at local bazaar

- try to mezz the 2 adds who come chargin at you after you get bit too friendly with a girl at bar

- start hangin out with midgets to stay in character
ROFL these were GREAT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom