You know a TL is getting desperate when he calls for nerfs on other classes...

S

SilverHood

From the wizard TL...

Runemaster’s Darkness and Suppression line AE DD spells are still at a 3.0 cast time instead of a 4.0 cast time. Back when these spells were first added, it was an error. The error was fixed on the newer wizard earth/ice AE DD as well as the eldritch mana AE DD spells. It’s still not fixed on the 2 newer runemaster AE spells

:rolleyes:

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Haha, lets all laugh at the wizard TL cos we are so gimped :p

Seriously though, that very point has been festering for quite some time and it would be nice for the melee realm to try to defend it :eek:

T

tildson

Yeah, me dont like either those "wasnt intended" shait. Did you know Mythic changed Sorc body-DD from energy to body without any notice in patchnotes?

Some stuff Mythic does is really stupid

T

Tranquil-

Hm, wasn't that the change the sorc TL requested? :p

T

Thorarin

If they want to fix any Runemaster spells, I suggest they fix the Heat debuff they have, no caster class in Midgard does Heat damage :p

S

Sarum TheBlack

Originally posted by Thorarin
If they want to fix any Runemaster spells, I suggest they fix the Heat debuff they have, no caster class in Midgard does Heat damage :p

Swap it to fire wizards! We need it!

The point with the runi Ae spells is, it's a bug. It's not a nerf if it's fixing something that's not supposed to be that way. And it is an important issue to wizards.. we have AE spells too, and ours take a whole second longer to cast.. that puts us at a disadvantage before anyone has pressed any keys in anger.

And the sorc TL asking for a sorc nerf is just urban myth. Mythic said they wanted to change it.. he wanted one damage type, the community on the TL boards wanted another.. he bowed to the community (or atleast mythic did), but then he got blamed for it when they changed their minds.

And I guess you could say Therrik is desperate... he sees wizards complaining about the class suffering due to bolt problems, resist problems and a god awful survival rate, but yet any idea he comes up with and puts to mythic gets rejected. Half the classes in Albion got serious love in 1.60... the only thing they did to wizards was fix PBAoE cast time.. which should never have been different from the other realms in the first place. But that's not why he's screaming nerf runies.. because he isn't. He doesn't complain about other classes in his reports, other than to point out bugs that cause imbalance in the caster classes.

T

Tasans

You know rc runies have excactly the same bolt problems?
But they dont get the big DD they just get a crappy baseline and speed.

S

Sarum TheBlack

Really, you know I thought they used special code that actually made bolts useful for other realms :rolleyes:

Many of the issues wizards complain about affect all casters... Things like stupidly high resists due to SC/RAs, things like the bolt blocking code, AE dropoff, low survivability due to being seen as an easy kill by most.. etc.

And only fire wizards get both a spec DD and bolts.. there are two other viable specs that don't get one or the other of those. I could get into a long argument about it, but I have little doubt it's a classic case of "the grass is greener" and we'll both think the other class has it better than we do.

O

old.TeaSpoon

iirc the Sorc TL wanted the DD's changed to spirit...and Mythic set it on Body

F

Flimgoblin

Mythic change all the aoe spells to 4 seconds saying 'all ranged aoe should be 4s cast time'

then leave the runemaster ones...

hardly fair :) the runemaster TL points it out in his report I believe...

Still, hardly fair if the supposedly 'high damage' caster (with no utility) gets less dps than the damage caster with the most utility. It's bad enough just getting the same (in return for no support spells like nearsight/mezz/whatever we get.. erm.. spec dd in the same line as the bolts! woohoo! improve bolts and it might be something... but at the moment?)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
Haha, lets all laugh at the wizard TL cos we are so gimped :p

Seriously though, that very point has been festering for quite some time and it would be nice for the melee realm to try to defend it :eek:

and you use those aoe's ALL the time i guess too, your sorcs must really love you ;)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Tasans
You know rc runies have excactly the same bolt problems?
But they dont get the big DD they just get a crappy baseline and speed.

errr GTAE? ;p

T

Tasans

Originally posted by old.LandShark
errr GTAE? ;p
Bah i thought i was missing something.
Oh yes they get a heat debuff too. Now my weapon proc will hit harder RAR! :p

T

Tasans

If you gonna spec rc to debuff the dark base nuke, you might aswell hit with the rc nuke :p

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Nah... was it Melgar that first starting RC debuf nuking? Its very effective, trust me :p

D

Danya

RC nuke for 200 (-200) or debuff and dark base nuke for 450 (+100), hmm now let me think...

Also all hib AE nukes are 4s cast, the supposed magical realm etc.

S

Subbiz

I think the RM TL posted the same request for a fix on RC/Supp ae :>

W

walkerb

all casters >wiz
simple as that, the most crap caster there is.

K

klavrynd

pretty sure rc runies will give up that extra second on ae nukes to get a spec DD

O

old.SadonTheGrey

That second isn't something they can barter with since they aren't supposed to have it in the first place :p

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by klavrynd
pretty sure rc runies will give up that extra second on ae nukes to get a spec DD

its not a matter of class balance, its a matter of a bug/inadvertently left out, although fixing the bug changes the class balance :p

D

Darkov

Wiz's have a heat debuff, but it's part of an Ice spec DD :D

I like my Ice Wiz though, baseline DD, spec DD, PBAE, normal AE, it's nice. Shame it's boring as hell.....

B

Biermann

Originally posted by klavrynd

not me, im happy as it is!

D

Danya

TBH I think they should just make all the AE DDs 3s cast and be done with it. They're not exactly uber powerful.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Darkov
Wiz's have a heat debuff, but it's part of an Ice spec DD :D

I like my Ice Wiz though, baseline DD, spec DD, PBAE, normal AE, it's nice. Shame it's boring as hell.....

its been fixed to ice resist debuff now.

T

th0rden

coming from a RC runie, i NEVER use my AE EVER, so i don't care if they fix the time. I'd give anything for a bolt fix or a spec nuke, would make RC far more viable than the GTAEbot it is atm. Btw the whole subject of the AE "nerf" has been flogged to death on VN :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom