You can call me cannon foddergimp!

O

Old Nicodemus

Ok..

So after a few nudges, then whacks over the back of the head with a startled ferret, I pottered out and bought Planetside.

Not my usual type of game I have to admit, but what the hell I'm game for a laugh. I had a brief flirt with it after I had installed it yesterday evening. Got a basic understanding of some of the controls and did a few of the training sessions before I had to pop out for the evening.

Sooo... when I finally got back in last night I logged in and decided to see what mischief I could find. Now I have to own up to a couple of things here... the main reason I decided to have a bit of fun with planetside apart from teaming up with some friends, was to find Roo and kill him. Repeatedly... with a side order of Jupitus on the side. So that was the NG out for a start. So I joined the bad guys... :cool: The good old Terran Republic, all swagger and bad rep.. ( a bit like a hot vindaloo from the local Indian restaurant)

Anyhow.. I digress.. back to the story at hand.

Right.. So there I was all Noobie and dressed in Black and Red.. well ok it's more tank grey than black.. so I made sure I had a few clips in the inventory, a state of the art ammo eating rifle and the knowledge of a boiled cabbage of exactly what I was doing.

Anyhow, to cut this rather impressively boring story short, I jumped into the HART and picked a spot somewhere on the surface at random... (see, total muppet. I did warn you)

So. The old Drop capsule hits the ground and I'm staring at a tower of some sort with strange purple/pink things running aroud it. (For those of us who've played DAoC.. think multiple Hrodleberts running around) So not being completely dense.. I opened fire. 20 seconds later I'm face down in the dirt.. chewing dirt in another strange new world.

No change there then.

It's then that I notice that I'm the only Terran soldier that seems to be in the area and not only that but the git who just shot me was Turamber! Pleasantries were exchanged and a mutual understanding of retribution was offered and accepted.

Have to say I enjoyed my first 20 minutes of the life of a grunt. I look forward to a good many more.

Now.. if you'll excuse me.. I have to go practice shooting Roo.

Hmmm.... rockets or sniper rifle.. decisions, decisions... ;)

P

[PS]Mung

Why the hell did you join the "one button insta death" team?

Ditch them bitches and join the NC!

O

Old Nicodemus

Because I'm used to the "one button insta death" from Dark Age Mung. Might as well carry on from where I left off ;)

"Ooooo! Look! Cloth wearer"

Nicodemus was ganked by....

T

Turamber

Glad to have you onboard Nic, and not just for the easy xp... :p

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Good to see you over here Nico. You should get a chance to kill me too - everyone else does :)

Oh, I'm Akvavit NC/Werner

O

Old Nicodemus

I saw a Turamber death spam once.. a pity I was it.

:p

J

Jupitus

Nico!!! You Plonker!!!!

Ok, it's not too late to reroll, as you'll still be a gimp, but you are perfectly able to activate the one button insta death as NC too... just look at me!!!

Get ure hairy ickle backside into NC right now... I'll see you there later!! :D

T

the_smurflord

Glad to have you on board, nico. I look forward to blow you to tiny pieces.

(Now almost got Every assault spec going).

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by [PS]Mung
Why the hell did you join the "one button insta death" team?

Ditch them bitches and join the NC!

:lol: Says the jackhammer empire! ;)

Glad your first playing experience was fun :) Once you start hooking up with squads and such it gets a lot better. I'll look out for you! :D

P

[PS]Mung

Aye, the jack hammer is a lethal weapon AT CLOSE RANGE.
But shit at medium to long range.

Whereas most of VS weapons excel at medium to long range.

It's called BALANCE.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Jupitus
but you are perfectly able to activate the one button insta death as NC too... just look at me!!!

Your insta death button has Gal size... :p

O

old.Hellskor

Heavy Assault ... pfft

Jackhammer is only good at point blank and for wiping the queue infront of a AMS terminal after a major wipeout ;)

Minigun is fun, but Cycler is about as good (imo)

didn't try the VS version, but the splash damage is annoying (goes through walls btw)

Special Assault 4tehwin!

nothing better than to pop a Decimator rocket into that Tank rushing right towards your AMS ;)
... or plugging a few grenades around the corner of stair way.
... or saying hello to a MAX with Decimator and a Roklet Rifle ;)

Combat Engineering is fun too

plug a remote controlled mine on the floor and bait that ewul MAX to follow you ... <click> ... BOOOM! ;)

If you want to live a bit longer, get a MAX Cert, only good at blowing stuff up, but hard to take down.

P.S. yeah, I hate MAX units ... looked down the barrel of those things way to often after running around a corner

P.P.S. when you're in the game, hit ESC and choose instant action ... you won't be all alone then ;)

P

[PS]Mung

When ever I step out in a max ten TR guys whip out their AV missile things and 3 shots later I'm dead.
It's that laser guided thing that owns.
Better than the NC Phoenix by far.

M

mid_Efour

hello mate,
I look forward to shooting you many, many, many times, and if you want i'll camp your respawn point too for extra killage.

S

Sarum TheBlack

Originally posted by [PS]Mung

Whereas most of VS weapons excel at medium to long range.

Shame all the important fighting is done in twisty corridors and at point blank really then isn't it?

Not that your gun'o'instadeath helps you much when my inf unloads into your back.. the jackhammer make turning around hard or something? You can't kill me by shooting in the wrong direction guys :flame:

Oh, and go Turmaber!! (watch out for him in his flying lawnmower Nico, deaths spam like nothing you've ever seen! Red, Blue and Purple, it's the all same! :p) <runs>

J

Jonaldo

Yep it's never too late to reroll :p I was a BR17 Terran when I deleted and moved to the boys in blue and yellow.
Am now whooping ass even tho I only use common pool weapons atm, haven't even got medium assault spec yet :mad: still we need more common names in NC.
If you choose to stay TR then maybe look up The Last Line of Defense outfit, a few ex-daoc there I believe although mostly Hibs :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Sarum TheBlack
Shame all the important fighting is done in twisty corridors and at point blank really then isn't it?

Yes. We all insta beam near the cc-room and pwn with our Jackhammers. Right.
:rolleyes:

O

Old Nicodemus

LOL!

Thanks all for the temptations of joining the NC but I'm going to stick with the Goose stepping, leather boot wearing, pet shooting, kiddies toy crushing, fist of oppression called the Terran Republic for now.

I'm currently teaming up with some well known Middies in TR, once we've sorted ourselves out you'll soon know who we are ;)

Besides.. I want to see if the sticker Uncle Sick stuck to Jupi's Gal is still there.

"Danger Wide Load" I think it said.... but was it a pop at the pilot or the aircraft we wonder? :p

S

SilverHood

shame you can't kill jupitus and his goons.... they always hide!

Though unclesick can often be seen sitting on hills admiring the view. Yes . :)

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Old Nicodemus
Thanks all for the temptations of joining the NC but I'm going to stick with the Goose stepping, leather boot wearing, pet shooting, kiddies toy crushing, fist of oppression called the Terran Republic for now.

Is this a leather thing?

O

old.ivan

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Your insta death button has Gal size... :p

^^ what he said :) Jup provides teh ultimate daredevil rides in Planetside.

J

Jupitus

I'm not one to make a big fuss,
But it doesn't take long to suss,
It's never a bore,
To witness the gore,
Of rides on the famous Jup Bus!!!

Wiped the squad last night just by my buggy warp exploding Gal trick super stunt!! :D

You don't know what you're missing Nico... oh, and we have leather hang on straps in all vehicles driven by me ...... ;)

S

Sarum TheBlack

/me gets his purple reaver and goes Gal hunting. I'll look out for the one that looks like it's driven by an alcoholic.

Really, if you're talking dresscode, Vanu beats you all. Dayglow purple and green 4 teh win!! Beats your yellow lycra and black leather any day.

I never figured you to be a N00bhammer supporter Sick, I thought you were a free thinking and upstanding member of the gaming community, who did things because they were right, and not because they 'pwned'. Obviously I was wrong

:flame:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Sarum TheBlack

I never figured you to be a N00bhammer supporter Sick, I thought you were a free thinking and upstanding member of the gaming community, who did things because they were right, and not because they 'pwned'. Obviously I was wrong

:flame:

:sleeping:
I personally think the Jackhammer is crap... simply because I prefer sniping/special assault.

I am just sick to death of the JH remarks.
Lets talk about the magrider with it's I-drive-by-4-miles-to-your-left-and-you-are-still-going-to-die-mwaharhar issues.

No? Because it's getting old? Damn straight.

P

[PS]Nova

In my case, magrider = I-ram-you-eight-times-and-you-still-don't-die :p

But maybe that's just me :p

(OK that's not strictly true, I was exaggerating for the humour potential but I don't honestly think you were being entirely accurate with your drive-by-four-miles-away analogy either :p)

R

Rigon-Noir-

Just got back from working in Glasgow and i see Nicodemus in Planetside :D

We go back a long way Nico, going to feel a little guilty when i kill you :p

O

Old Nicodemus

Originally posted by Tidus Morgahna
Just got back from working in Glasgow and i see Nicodemus in Planetside :D

We go back a long way Nico, going to feel a little guilty when i kill you :p

Muhahahaha! ;)

Don't feel guilty Tid.. just respawn and come and have another go :p

<pats Jeeves>

Jeeves is full of ammo and waiting for you...

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Old Nicodemus
Muhahahaha! ;)

Don't feel guilty Tid.. just respawn and come and have another go :p

<pats Jeeves>

Jeeves is full of ammo and waiting for you...

a sm pet shooting his load, eh?

I'd be scared witless

Users who are viewing this thread