"You are not authorized to use this expansion!"

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
Wanting to see how healthy/unhealthy US servers are (gonna give classic a whirl) and using the free trial thing but,

Keep getting this error...

Updated a DR client folder to USA cata via the update.dat file malarky, and created an acc, and everytime I try to log onto the game, progress bar gets 90% then has to quit as I don't "have the expansion"

ideas?

thinking I might have to delete certain DR related folders as game is recognizing them? Also on the loadup screen where you input acc details I'm still getting the EU page of "first free month, english servers are blah blah" etc

pls help, I want to own some yanks :>

lol ty for moving ze thread, thought i'd get a quicker reply in rvr due to so many trollerers but ta anyways, fast moddage there :)

Zyrex

Banned
Wanting to see how healthy/unhealthy US servers are (gonna give classic a whirl) and using the free trial thing but,

Keep getting this error...

Updated a DR client folder to USA cata via the update.dat file malarky, and created an acc, and everytime I try to log onto the game, progress bar gets 90% then has to quit as I don't "have the expansion"

ideas?

thinking I might have to delete certain DR related folders as game is recognizing them? Also on the loadup screen where you input acc details I'm still getting the EU page of "first free month, english servers are blah blah" etc

pls help, I want to own some yanks :>
DR isnt free on US, Catacombs is, that's why

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
DR isnt free on US, Catacombs is, that's why

I've changed it to a cata client though, it loads up with catacombs banner etc and its the cata icons and what not

It was originally a DR folder but the update.dat was what I changed and it re downloaded (hopefully) all the relevent files, thus turning it into a cata client

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Are you clicking the icon "dark age of camelot catacombs" or "dark age of camelot darkness rising".

You may find you run the DR icon which overwrites your patch meaning it tries to update DR to USA.

I downloaded the daoc portal freeshard program, in the settings you can specify what client you run and whether its USA or EU.

I changed mine from EU to USA, then made sure Catacombs was selected instead of DR. When I Ran the Patcher via the daoc portal it updated everything.

This method does not require you to mess around with update.dat etc

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Are you clicking the icon "dark age of camelot catacombs" or "dark age of camelot darkness rising".

You may find you run the DR icon which overwrites your patch meaning it tries to update DR to USA.

I downloaded the daoc portal freeshard program, in the settings you can specify what client you run and whether its USA or EU.

I changed mine from EU to USA, then made sure Catacombs was selected instead of DR. When I Ran the Patcher via the daoc portal it updated everything.

This method does not require you to mess around with update.dat etc

Run for your life, Crom is coming to get you because you said the unmentionable!! Ban inc :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Run for your life, Crom is coming to get you because you said the unmentionable!! Ban inc :(

Haha if he does then I'll be sure to ask him why? It is me advising him to use a freeware program so that he can fix his issue...so that he can play the official servers.

Does not mention using the program for shards.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Haha if he does then I'll be sure to ask him why? It is me advising him to use a freeware program so that he can fix his issue...so that he can play the official servers.

Does not mention using the program for shards.

Umm yesh however its use is designed for shards mainly though :E

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
well I found I had a cata folder still on the go so updated that instead, seems you cannot "downgrade" a version simply by letting mythic update your folder via the patcher

alas problems continue, I'm getting an "error 308" message on loadup box as it tries to update a single 300kb file, which is fairly annoying

Is this because the servers being updated or theres high traffic atm or something?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
well I found I had a cata folder still on the go so updated that instead, seems you cannot "downgrade" a version simply by letting mythic update your folder via the patcher

alas problems continue, I'm getting an "error 308" message on loadup box as it tries to update a single 300kb file, which is fairly annoying

Is this because the servers being updated or theres high traffic atm or something?

Try doing that "Full System Scan" when you click the Start Update button.

If you have a friend playing you could copy their data?

If I did not have someone elses version to copy, I would give this a go.
Goto your Darkness Rising folder, copy the file it gets stuck on, or the folder (within the Data folder iirc there are tons of subfolders) then paste this over the cata file/directory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom