Yoshinori Kitase talks about Final Fantasy VII HD remake

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
In all fairness, he does say it's not ruled out completely, which is a glimmer of hope I guess.

Final Fantasy VII director Yoshinori Kitase, who is now series producer for the Final Fantasy franchise, has spoken about the prospect of making the highly-requested HD remake of the iconic PS1 RPG.

"I can honestly tell you I would love to do that," said Kitase in an interview with Eurogamer. "If you simply ask me if I personally would like to do that, yes I would. Definitely. There's no lie about it. But you must believe me when I say it would take a lot to happen."

Kitase said that "staff availability and budget" were two major barriers to remaking the 1997 classic, but he also explained that he simply wasn't motivated right now to take on the massive undertaking and responsibility of remaking one of the most beloved games of all time.

"Even if I casually say I would like to do that, because it would be a huge project I would have to motivate myself to the level that I really am prepared to take on this huge responsibility," he said.

"I don't know if those three things will happen simultaneously. It has to tick lots of very big boxes. I won't rule out the possibility, but it would take a lot to make it happen."

The developer added that, if a Final Fantasy VII remake were to ever happen, it would definitely be the biggest project of his entire career.

"But should I ever take it on, it would have to be the biggest project I've done," Kitase concluded. "My life work. So I would have to be as highly motivated as that to end up with something I'm very happy with. It's a huge thing for me."

Kitase also said that, following Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, he has no knowledge of Square Enix planning a HD remake of Final Fantasy XII, but wouldn't rule out the possibility entirely.

Square Enix is currently working on Final Fantasy XV for Xbox One and PS4.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/th...fantasy-vii-hd-remake-right-now/1100-6417804/

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It will happen at some point or another, 2 has just come out on Steam remastered (Or is it 3?) so I wouldn't be at all surprised if they work their way through them all. But like he says it would take a lot of work to do it from the ground up because it would be like working on a new title. Maybe they should come up with some tools so they can do 7, 8 and 9 with relatively little work.

10 was just polished - they didn't rebuild all that much really.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It will happen at some point or another, 2 has just come out on Steam remastered (Or is it 3?) so I wouldn't be at all surprised if they work their way through them all. But like he says it would take a lot of work to do it from the ground up because it would be like working on a new title. Maybe they should come up with some tools so they can do 7, 8 and 9 with relatively little work.

10 was just polished - they didn't rebuild all that much really.

7 has the potential to be massive (again)

Would love for them to add more side content to 7 if they remake it though (nothing that affects the story in any way shape or form) maybe expanded battle arena and more optional bosses, that'd be nice.

It will come sooner or later like you said, just a matter of time, it's too big for them to pass up :p if Sony grabs an exclusive deal for it as well it would literally sell Playstation 4's like hotcakes.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Problem with old games often is that the graphics are just meh, HD remake of FF7 would be an instabuy for me.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Problem with old games often is that the graphics are just meh, HD remake of FF7 would be an instabuy for me.

It'd be insta buy for a lot of people :p so much so it would literally sell next gen consoles for that title alone.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Secret of mana and FF7 was two best rpgs, at the time of the consoles. I could just imagine they make Secret of mana for a new generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom