Yo homies! We's be goin' back to dem skool

SFXman

One of Freddy's beloved
Yo buss dis. I kaint believe dat dey would really do somethin likes dis. It's crazy, an shit. Seriously... no othuh country... doubt it. Sheeit!

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Fo shizzle, hommes! Ain't gonna let no cracka prof tell dis motherfucka how it is! Sheeet, motha! Whatdafuckupwitdatsheet? Dis be how we be tellin' it in da hood, fo real!

I reckon I'd get an A* in ebonics! Oh yea!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
oh dear god, well if theyre getting that i want our kids to have dialect classes in this country, i.e i live in dorset so basically im going to push for classes to teach kids how to sing songs by the worzles and drink old percular

roight m'off s'afftrnoon so's m goin down gym get some eggscercise en i moight av some spud 'n sossage for me tea, roight see o laitor en sna.

yea i coudl be a home boy, except im a girl!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
All ya'll would get capped befo ya'll could even get 5-0 on the cell. Gees, so people want to teach ebonics. I say it's a good thing and doesn't differ at all from teaching any other dialect.

You ain't going against gaelic are you?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
All ya'll would get capped befo ya'll could even get 5-0 on the cell. Gees, so people want to teach ebonics. I say it's a good thing and doesn't differ at all from teaching any other dialect.

You ain't going against gaelic are you?

well, ebonics technically ain't a dialect, and besides that, here in holland noone is being taught in dialect. All schools work in plain ol' dutch, and thankgod for that or else I would've never gotten thru junior high :p

A dialect grows by the distance between two groups of people. That's how american english morphed from the queen's english, that's how south-african morphed from dutch.
If there's no longer a regular contact between the parent language and the descendent, they will both grow in a different direction, thus creating a dialect.

Ebonics is a slang. It's been created by people who thought it was cool to distinct themselves from another group. (white people in this case). There was no distance involved so it cannot be called a dialect. That's thesame as calling h4xx0r a dialect or watz' thet cawled gaen, where they morph the layout and looks of the world while the pronounciation stays thesame.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, dialect, slang...anyway....why the f*ck is it any other persons business if they teach it or not?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
Well, dialect, slang...anyway....why the f*ck is it any other persons business if they teach it or not?

because its sets a precedence (sp?) for example they could start teaching Sønderjysk in syd jylland!! and what a crime to humanity that would be :cheers:

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:

Cos if they get taught in slang, they'll only know slang, and thus it will not close the gap between the two groups of people, infact it'll only broaden it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Cos if they get taught in slang, they'll only know slang, and thus it will not close the gap between the two groups of people, infact it'll only broaden it.

...so it's about uniting the black and white communities and forget our hateful ways.

....right. That's gonna happen.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

It is similar to learning languages such as cornish, latin and gaelic apart from the fact that these are dead/dying languages and ebonics is neither dead nor, technically, a language. I personally can only see one reason for this new scheme; it will be one of the few lessons that the underprivilaged ghetto kids probably won't fail at and they can go to their future employers at the local 7-11 or burger king and say, "hey! I have a diploma...gimme a job, yo!"

...or something.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
because its sets a precedence (sp?) for example they could start teaching Sønderjysk in syd jylland!! and what a crime to humanity that would be :cheers:
I'm pretty sure they actually do teach in sønderjysk, in Sydjylland :p

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Sissyfoo said:
It is similar to learning languages such as cornish, latin and gaelic apart from the fact that these are dead/dying languages and ebonics is neither dead nor, technically, a language. I personally can only see one reason for this new scheme; it will be one of the few lessons that the underprivilaged ghetto kids probably won't fail at and they can go to their future employers at the local 7-11 or burger king and say, "hey! I have a diploma...gimme a job, yo!"

...or something.
no, because they don't get a class in ebonics, they get their lessons in ebonics, so they don't even learn proper english anymore. Then they might pass for a mathmatics or engineering degree, but noone's gonna employ someone only being able to end every sentence with Fo Real Brova!
People studying cornish, latin, gaelic, N/U and all those dead, or almost dead language also know a common language, be it english, or french, or whatever

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
no, because they don't get a class in ebonics, they get their lessons in ebonics, so they don't even learn proper english anymore. Then they might pass for a mathmatics or engineering degree, but noone's gonna employ someone only being able to end every sentence with Fo Real Brova!
People studying cornish, latin, gaelic, N/U and all those dead, or almost dead language also know a common language, be it english, or french, or whatever
im sorry americans dont say that.. this is what "chavs" from the "uk" say .. would u belive it not every chav is stupid ? yes here we go again people that sterotype joy for people that stereotype

i guess your some dude that gets picked on alot by chavs ^^

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

Heh, now this has become even more messed up. :p

Advanced Math Term Paper

1/ Yo! J-dawg is all about gettin' some sweet pussy lovin' from his bizotch downtwon! He's all like, "hey baby, whatchoo sayin' to some serious dickin'? aaaaahhhhhhhah !" If he be leavin' his crib at 10am and cruises downtown in his pimpwagon at a constant 60kph and be dickin' his bizotch by 11:45am, how far away is hoe's shagpad? Get this wrong and we be poppin' all sorts of crazy caps in yo funky jive ass! Fo' real motherfucker!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Conchabar said:
im sorry americans dont say that.. this is what "chavs" from the "uk" say .. would u belive it not every chav is stupid ? yes here we go again people that sterotype joy for people that stereotype

i guess your some dude that gets picked on alot by chavs ^^

Holy ****, relax dude... I never even took the C-word in my mouth anywhere in this post. seems like you've got some long toes there.

and for Chav's picking on me... Well, I live in Groningen, The netherlands. Never seen a chav in my life.

And for Chav's being smart or not: Dunno, cos, like previous sentence points out, never met 'em, but by the way they're profiled, no... can't picture me a smart chav there... sorry :D

--And that's it for the chav's.. back on topic now please--

:cheers:

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Sissyfoo said:
Heh, now this has become even more messed up. :p
Advanced Math Term Paper

1/ Yo! J-dawg is all about gettin' some sweet pussy lovin' from his bizotch downtwon! He's all like, "hey baby, whatchoo sayin' to some serious dickin'? aaaaahhhhhhhah !" If he be leavin' his crib at 10am and cruises downtown in his pimpwagon at a constant 60kph and be dickin' his bizotch by 11:45am, how far away is hoe's shagpad? Get this wrong and we be poppin' all sorts of crazy caps in yo funky jive ass! Fo' real motherfucker!

hmmm... think they use mfmpmfh instead of kph in ebonics :D
Mothafucking Miles per Motherfucking Hour :p

and yeah... I'd love to see their mathtests over there roflol :clap:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The funny thing is that noone of the people here seem to know true ebonics.

Gansta talk and ebonics, different things.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Ahh yet another way in which the world seems to be stepping into that old hand basket with the sign saying "TO HELL" on it.

A couple more stories like this and I'll be digging a moat around my house and pulling up the drawbridge.

The day the news is read in "ebonics" with subtitles for those few of us still using english will not be far off! the end is nigh!! wrap yourself up in tin foil and get the collender out! into the basement! only eat canned food!!

and so on :mad:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Dukat said:
A couple more stories like this and I'll be digging a moat around my house and pulling up the drawbridge.

You give out that you allready have a drawbridge at your home... :eek7:

Why?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
old.Tohtori said:
You give out that you allready have a drawbridge at your home... :eek7:

Why?

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time!

They always talk about 'pulling up the drawbridge' and cutting all ties to civilisation, who was I to know you needed a moat as well??

I only noticed when I pulled the drawbrige up and some double glazing salesman still managed to come and knock on the door :mad: damn cliques!

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Hate when people talk or write with "dis" and "dat" really irritates me, my auntie's son thats around 13, chats to me like that over msn, and I tell him to speak properly or not at all. :p

Chilly

Balls of steel
I just think its a pile of steaming horse shit. If someone refuses to learn to speak the language of the country they live in, then fucking deport them to somewhere where they will fit in (in the case of the myriad black young-uns in the US who are failing at school I suspect it has fuck all to do ith language - maybe they should solve the root problems instead of useless strategies like this that will onl increase the divide! Fucking idiots), preferably a large hole or a industrial microwave.

I saw an interview the other night on telly with this muslim chap going on about how he has no allegeance to the queen or this country - if he said that to me I'd tell him to fuck right off to somewhere he does have allegeance to before I did it for him. It's people like that that are the real problem, they grow up, fuck around in school, disrupt education for many, scrounge off the state then fucking blow themselves up on the tube because some stupid **** told them they would go to heaven, presumably where the housing benefits are much better than in the UK.

Grrr.....sorry fot the OT-ness but I'm full of rage and everyone has gone to lunch at work so no one to beat up :(

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
well, ebonics technically ain't a dialect, and besides that, here in holland noone is being taught in dialect. All schools work in plain ol' dutch, and thankgod for that or else I would've never gotten thru junior high :p

A dialect grows by the distance between two groups of people. That's how american english morphed from the queen's english, that's how south-african morphed from dutch.
If there's no longer a regular contact between the parent language and the descendent, they will both grow in a different direction, thus creating a dialect.

Ebonics is a slang. It's been created by people who thought it was cool to distinct themselves from another group. (white people in this case). There was no distance involved so it cannot be called a dialect. That's thesame as calling h4xx0r a dialect or watz' thet cawled gaen, where they morph the layout and looks of the world while the pronounciation stays thesame.

afaik ebonics is just a transition from patoi, which was developed by the black people as a way of communication that the whites who were ruling them would not overstand. Dunno if that classes is at slang or a language or dialect, surely its a language because the dialect doesnt make a difference, buckwa if InI chat wid a queens dialect but spit Jah'smaica language it change fe the I's meaning and sound sight? :p

<shrug>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom