yet more lag :|

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
yup between 8 and 9 gmt for me. Spent the rest of the night on guild wars. where i think i will stay for awhile

No lag, or LDs

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Ashala said:
i seem to have located the problem, they need to upgrade there backbone structure

backbone.jpg

that'll be 10.000$

class picture :worthy: shows how old it is tho - wtf is a BNC cable doing there = old skool networking...

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
The 'servers' are fine. Our servers are way above the spec needed to host the game. In the days after Glastonbury opened, the machine hosting the busiest zones on the server was still operating at <15% processor load even when the server was full. This isn't server lag but network lag and, as I said, we're working on sorting the problem out.

We ugrade our servers before they start causing problems not afterwards so it's unlikely we'd ever need to buy new servers to solve a problem.

an update on the naughty router switch or hampster?

:m00:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Is france the worst place in europe to put game servers due to obvious failings of france telecom ?

would it be better to move goa server park to another country which has a better internet ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:
Is france the worst place in europe to put game servers due to obvious failings of france telecom ?

would it be better to move goa server park to another country which has a better internet ?

thats exactly what goa need to do, but it will absolutely, never, ever happen.

well...mythic could switch i suppose, but then again the cover of Animals by Pink Floyd springs to mind

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
thats exactly what goa need to do, but it will absolutely, never, ever happen.

well...mythic could switch i suppose, but then again the cover of Animals by Pink Floyd springs to mind

Ye. Germany would be a perfect place to host EU servers imo :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
cemi0 said:
Ye. Germany would be a perfect place to host EU servers imo :)

my back garden for the servers imo

denmark would be a bad idea ;) it's probably the only place in europe that appears to have more backbone problems than france.

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
Quite a bit of nasty lag... some disconnects etc...

ohwell :cheers:

(ps. Sweden would be the best location for the servers. :clap: )

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
jesusping.jpg

And keep random eu vs us bickering out of this thread! :D

im really starting the feeling sending ping plotter is helping i really do .. have only ld't 5 times today !!!!

Legohelten

Fledgling Freddie
isn't it time GOA got a new isp? this one clearly not up to the task. or heres an idea: move the servers out of france and away from paris open transit ?

GOA is responsiple for choosing who they work with. clearly they made a huge labs in judgement here.

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
So far I'm told that there's been a failure of some kind in our network and the techs are working to solve it. I don't know the technical details and I don't know how long it will take however the problem is being worked on.
Any updates?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to get banned if I dont post more politley!

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
the problem is that everyone is complaining about the lag but very few people are actually sending in ping plotted data.

I had a friend tell me the servers had reset because everyone got booted, i spoke with a gm and he said everything was fine.

Thats the problem the GMS are practically attached to the server or only route through one or two nodes the rest of us go through lots of different nodes to connect to the server.

The other day i was having really bad lag i ran ping plotter and it was actually my own ISP, i even pmmed a gm to ask if they had problems with the server.

There is a post on this forum where you can post your pingplots + you can rightnow it. So instead of starting a post "OMG LAG" why not start a post

DATE (MM/DD/YEAR) TIME (H:M) SERVER REALM LAG

that way at least its semi useful instead of just going lag i cant do anything.

Brennik

Fledgling Freddie
Well, at least the big hiccup last night seemed to fix a lot of the lag problems I've had the past couple of days. Probably the same for a lot of other people coming thru Telia's lines. So here's at least one reply saying "Thank you". :cheers:

soze

I am a FH squatter
Legohelten said:
isn't it time GOA got a new isp? this one clearly not up to the task. or heres an idea: move the servers out of france and away from paris open transit ?

GOA is responsiple for choosing who they work with. clearly they made a huge labs in judgement here.

I think the peoblem GOA have is that they are owned by the same company that own Opentransit, as such it is very unlikely they would ever be allowed to leave Opentransit unfortunately.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
I think the peoblem GOA have is that they are owned by the same company that own Opentransit, as such it is very unlikely they would ever be allowed to leave Opentransit unfortunately.

They are owned by France Telecom afaik. So yes, they would naturally never move out of france and use another countries backbone.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
They are owned by France Telecom afaik. So yes, they would naturally never move out of france and use another countries backbone.

an this is why i hope goa never gonna host a nother mmorpg im gonna play+ the crap support ofc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom