yet more lag :|

xanir

Fledgling Freddie
19:37 GMT everyone I've talked to just went LD :/

this is after 2 days of intermitant 10 sec lagspikes that just make things unplayable - will someone please find out wtf is going on and fix it :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
yep was lagging a bit then a big disconnect - pingplotting at the moment.

the optimist in me says it's just inside GOA's network and that linkdead was them rebooting a troublesome router...

but the pessimist says it's just outside in OT's domain that's impossible to track down ;)

Requiel's looking into it :)

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
yep just LD while farming - so much for the fix.

All this lag sounds like someone is very incompitent at fixing network issues or someone has not paid their bandwith bill's.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
almost everyone LD#d there:/
my entire DS grp and guild, ressetting DS:<

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
problem from pingplots appeared to be just outside GOA network or just inside it (at least from my armchair network engineering ;))

looks like everyone LDed, my theory is a router rebooted.

It's green pings here since..

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
We're looking into it at the moment. Our techs have been contacted and as soon as we have more info I'll pass it on.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
bah not green pings any more :( something is ill :)

/plots some pings to help the techs.

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
i hope Goa gonna refund us on the day we have to put up with this shit lag

Some ppl are gettin bad lag others are ld everytime they get lag its pathetic

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just lost 6 people from guild and a over 100 dropped on Hibernia, this isnt an isolated issue :(

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Takes the complete and utter piss tbh.

How long has this problem been going on for? 2 years now?

Like I said, takes the piss.

IainC

Naetha said:
Takes the complete and utter piss tbh.

How long has this problem been going on for? 2 years now?

Like I said, takes the piss.
It's not the same problem. If it was, it would have been fixed two years ago. Each time it is a different problem at a different point in a different network.

Tonight's lag isn't the same problem as the lag some people experienced last week and that wasn't the same problem as the lag some people exoerienced the time before that.

So far I'm told that there's been a failure of some kind in our network and the techs are working to solve it. I don't know the technical details and I don't know how long it will take however the problem is being worked on.

E_E

Loyal Freddie
Requiel said:
It's not the same problem. If it was, it would have been fixed two years ago. Each time it is a different problem at a different point in a different network.

Tonight's lag isn't the same problem as the lag some people experienced last week and that wasn't the same problem as the lag some people exoerienced the time before that.

So far I'm told that there's been a failure of some kind in our network and the techs are working to solve it. I don't know the technical details and I don't know how long it will take however the problem is being worked on.

U could do like blizzard did with thier wow servers, buy 1500 new servers as there had been "some lag spikes" good service imo

IainC

E_E said:
U could do like blizzard did with thier wow servers, buy 1500 new servers as there had been "some lag spikes" good service imo
The 'servers' are fine. Our servers are way above the spec needed to host the game. In the days after Glastonbury opened, the machine hosting the busiest zones on the server was still operating at <15% processor load even when the server was full. This isn't server lag but network lag and, as I said, we're working on sorting the problem out.

We ugrade our servers before they start causing problems not afterwards so it's unlikely we'd ever need to buy new servers to solve a problem.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
It was unplayable 30 minutes ago... seems to be better now, at least for me.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers for the reply Requiel - I'm sure you can understand the frustration when at least one night a week is ruined by lag issues, and when these issues have been on and off for the last two years, it kinda implies its the same problem.

Why did we not lag like this before? Before ToA came out, I think I LD'd twice in my entire daoc history.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Problem will be with whatever cowboy outfit run the network in france. Won`t have anything at all to do with any of GOA's servers.

Do you guys really think 15 servers all went faulty all at the same time? Oo I think not.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
"different lag" sounds a bit like the wrong sort of snow or leaves on the line to me

only thing goa could do to actually solve the problem is move the servers to a country that has a proper internet set-up, sorry but france is prehistoric

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ever since the lag problem started I have no problem facing mids. Now i'm used to facing insta aoe stun even without immunity timer. So just think about the good things lads :cheers:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Ever since the lag problem started I have no problem facing mids. Now i'm used to facing insta aoe stun even without immunity timer. So just think about the good things lads :cheers:

Before I moved to mid I had always assumed the healer aoe stun only effected the enemy...

It doesn't seem nearly as overpowered now i've learnt the truth :(

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:

Good requiel, stay out of the technical side of things :fluffle:

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
i seem to have located the problem, they need to upgrade there backbone structure

backbone.jpg

that'll be 10.000$

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
Heh I also massively disconnected last night, guess around 20.00 CET.

However I DC'ed when I had been travelling for an assassin kill mission, just to stumple into two mids, one of which had just rooted me or something, and 1. sec before DC the assassin popped, mid right on top of me, and other mid starting to cast.

So I guess it's not all bad ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom