Yet another reason to boycott future EA games

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Why anyone spends any money on EA dross is beyond me.

Just stop, they will change or go away.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I bought Andromeda on the cheap. Played for an hour. Not played it since. Not buying another EA game ever.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I had some hopes and expectations for Anthem but after the whole mess with SWBF2 i'm not buying it. EA will do it's absolute best to cause that game to fail and it will be the last nail in Biowares coffin. I won't be at all surprised if Anthem were the last game Bioware ever make.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The problem I have with that is that it's still EA, it's a case of "I'll believe it when I actually see it post-release" with EA, I don't believe a word they say prior to a game actually being out.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Played Anthem from early start and have to say it is a lot of fun. Fight mechanics are very good and very different styles between the different Javelin suits. Playing Ranger and interceptor mainly and both at endgame levels already. Yes, it does have its issues but they seem to be listening to the community and addressing the big ones. 3 patches so far with many issues fixed. Was crashing to desktop regularly last week but today none, just lost audio once.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Played Anthem from early start and have to say it is a lot of fun. Fight mechanics are very good and very different styles between the different Javelin suits. Playing Ranger and interceptor mainly and both at endgame levels already. Yes, it does have its issues but they seem to be listening to the community and addressing the big ones. 3 patches so far with many issues fixed. Was crashing to desktop regularly last week but today none, just lost audio once.

I've heard really bad things about it tbh, to the point where people worry for Biowares future.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
£55 for the cheapest version of it.

It should be the greatest polished game ever created, especially from EA, but nope, cash cows.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Heard it's really buggy.

Like every EA-released game. Ever.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Heard it's really buggy.

Not really any more, 138 hours played so far and after the first patch all i've found is a minor performance issue when walking around in my base, a dungeon end boss bugging out infrequently and some event scripts lagging. And we had a patch today that seems to have fixed those. So i dunno.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Heard it's really buggy.

Like every EA-released game. Ever.

I have 1 recurring bug where the sound disappears after a few hours play and sometimes crashes shortly after. Was happening far more last week. 2 x over weekend so far (Fri/Sat for me) Quite honestly I have seen far worse game releases. the mechanics and flow of the fights are excellent on 3 or 4 javelins, I don't personally get on with Colossus (big tank)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Not really any more, 138 hours played so far and after the first patch all i've found is a minor performance issue when walking around in my base, a dungeon end boss bugging out infrequently and some event scripts lagging. And we had a patch today that seems to have fixed those. So i dunno.
Mines where the boss sticks up top?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
When one of the developers behind Diablo 3 criticises you - you know you've fucked up lol

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Mines where the boss sticks up top?
No, heart of rage. Boss vanishes between stage 2 and 3. Didn't know mines were bugging out as well, never played that one much due to the spawn bug it had in the initial week.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
No, heart of rage. Boss vanishes between stage 2 and 3. Didn't know mines were bugging out as well, never played that one much due to the spawn bug it had in the initial week.
Mines I've seen it happen twice in probably 40 runs. Everyone disconnects at 3rd (main boss) stage, you rejoin and the boss just sits up the pipe. Basically have to [Esc] then [R] to quit the instance and start from scratch.

PS4 shut downs are bad and slightly odd to me as I thought Sony tightly controlled releases and thoroughly tested them. Or do they do it like android, certified companies that agree to test to a specification?

Through all the bugs that still exist I love the combat and character control, especially on Interceptor. Cant wait for the fix the high level loot drop (taking out whites and blues)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Bioware = fucked

Youtubers with sensational video and barely any facts. Seen a few of these this week and some of them just obviously read a couple of threads on Redit and made a vid. Also seen some vids regards bugs that already fixed, lazy people not doing the homework before the whine. Attacking EA is a bit like attacking Trump it seems. I get it, EA suck but honestly the bugs I've seen on Anthem PC were not the worst I've seen on launch, 100 hours just passed and enjoying it still.

Gwadien

Youtubers with sensational video and barely any facts. Seen a few of these this week and some of them just obviously read a couple of threads on Redit and made a vid. Also seen some vids regards bugs that already fixed, lazy people not doing the homework before the whine. Attacking EA is a bit like attacking Trump it seems. I get it, EA suck but honestly the bugs I've seen on Anthem PC were not the worst I've seen on launch, 100 hours just passed and enjoying it still.

Doesn't matter.

If you're a fucking HUGE company like EA you shouldn't be releasing titles for £50+ and then having them full of bugs and expecting your community to find them for you.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Doesn't matter.

If you're a fucking HUGE company like EA you shouldn't be releasing titles for £50+ and then having them full of bugs and expecting your community to find them for you.

Shouldn't no. But it's been happening for the past 20+ years.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Shouldn't no. But it's been happening for the past 20+ years.

Not on the scale it happens today. Games have indeed always had bugs, today though they just take the piss.

I blame corporate assholes that moved into the gaming industry for nothing but profit, developers that wanted to make games purely to put out a good product are few and far between now... now its all greedy fat cunt investors looking to spin money from an annually released shit game series.

Last edited:

Gwadien

I blame corporate assholes that moved into the gaming industry for nothing but profit, developers that wanted to make games purely to put out a good product are few and far between now... now its all greedy fat cunt investors looking to spin money from an annually released shit game series.

Exactly, they should be punished.

There needs to be wider support for indie developers, rather than just buying them out for millions and then fucking up their product.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I blame corporate assholes that moved into the gaming industry for nothing but profit,

Nah blame the consumers that never get the fucking message and keep buying buggy crap instead..

Corporate assholes only do it cause the customers let it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nah blame the consumers that never get the fucking message and keep buying buggy crap instead..

Corporate assholes only do it cause the customers let it.

I don't disagree with that. Investors are still an issue though, they pile pressure onto already pressured departments and given the majority of the gaming industry is underpaid to hell its a shit show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom