yet another malmo whine

G

gomez

stupid waiting times and stupid listholders make gomez go something something..
if you are familiar with the simpsons you will now the next word is CRAZY cos im utterly pi55ed off with malmo for yet a third time.
although i have access to a 50 shaman for buffs etc, i dont have the computer to run it or convinience to do so.

1'st case waited 8 hours, list was swapped but lost so new list was started i was going to be next but ended up 5th

2'nd case waited 6 hours, similar to last cock up

3rd case, yes may seem sad but had day off, waited 14 hours and still no group so said fuk it and logged.

either there are ppl that enjoy playing in malmo or theres some dodgy list keeping going on, guild people pushing guildmates higher than others, letting friends in etc but if they are its sick and highly annoying for other ppl

again i find myself waiting for several hours after sacrificing sleep time :doh: just to get a grp

thoughts plz ;/

gomez

M

Madonion Slicer

And during that 14 Hours plenty of people where leveling up in SI Zones, DF and Frontiers.

Malmo is crap, dont waste days waiting for a group there when there are so many places to xp, if you have a lvl50 Shaman then you never need go near the place.

I am happy to say my Two 50's dinged very happly in DF duoing Shredders.

G

gomez

read 3rd sentence down tbh, crap pc hence no SI leveling and cant always use the bot, yesterday being one of them

Z

Zii

even with no bot you could have made xp in 14 hours by killing green/blue/yellow/orange mobs instead of sitting on a hill top in malmo

I

inqy

Spindel for the win. Leveled 3 50s, no malmo. Slow, but no selfish malmo bullshit.

D

dakeyras

Hated Malmo so vehemently after doing 40-50 there with skald that I was determined I wouldn't go back with savage.

I was lucky in having SI and my wife's shaman and so levelled 42-49 in Iarn lair/Raum/Vanern/emain and 49-50 quests. Iarn xp is so much better and faster than anywhere else as long as you have at least 1 player with cure disease.

If you don't have SI then Raum is still a fun area to xp as is Vanern.

Another place for xp is behind the lake in Emain. Didn't get ganked while xp'ing there once. Unless there are radar users about you are pretty safe and the bonus (esp if Mid hold DC) is insane.

No way would I sit on a hill for 14 hours. That is just crazy. If you feel such a strong urge to do Malmo then the only way to do it IMO is to logon at YAR before 0630 and get a place at startup. Then stay till you drop.

O

Ogrelin

Don't wait 14 hours....please :)

You can join me exping at H-stones instead :) I always need som company.

M

mordia

Malmo for win, or maybe not :(

Come DF with me in few levels!

T

tiny_ewok

try starting a 40 to 50 grp gomez;) fuk the list! just form up ur grp and go exp happlily wherever u want at the times u want;) you will get 50 alot quicker while also havin more fun!

B

Bagloor

Don't whine at the poor listholders Im sure the most of them do as good as they can in the major stupidity evironment :p

You got a spot today right just a few hours waiting and you went to Spindel and I was kind enough to wait for you to come to Malmo even tho I was going to leave :)

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Bagloor
Don't whine at the poor listholders Im sure the most of them do as good as they can in the major stupidity evironment :p
Aye and since its so dam hard to get rid of the list when you are about to log, none wants it, people keeps spamming you what spot they are on.

T

Trinilim

I've only had 1 nasty malmo experience.

Listkeeper was horrible. I won't say their name, but damn..

1. Went afk every 5 minutes.

2. Said nothing about anything in cg.

3. Didn't reply to sends.

4. Spoke horrible english (which might not be their fault, but still, don't take up LK job if you can't speak English well)

5. Typed slooooow.

6. Apparently forgot they were LK at times.

7. Thought the solution to losing people in G1 was to move people from G2 to G1 instead of looking for replacements. Ending, ofc, with 3-4 people in g2 with absolute crap xp.

C

cerbie

After levelling Cerbie in Malmo I am back there with my spiritmaster.

I play this game to have fun and the only reason I went to malmo with cerbie is because I wanted to be 50, have epic armour and wanted to RVR. So I went there when I got about 46 - 47 and levelling became slow.
The reason it goes fast in Malmo is because you always have a group and mobs are available all the time.
When I got annoyed about the people and didn't enjoyed it anymore I left but most of the time and because I wasn't reading cg it was quite nice and as a healer I didn't had the waiting time of course.

Now I am back there with my spiritmaster and again it seems to be a character they like to have in the group, but I am there for the same reasons as with Cerbie and I act the same.

I was wondering why there isn't a yar group anymore. Why not starting two groups there, even one group can do it, instead of waiting at the hill. You have no dragon time and its quite nice to play there.

Even H stones is cool to do or the lake in Malmo. I am sure you can find people to join you instead of waiting at the hill.

And don't forget, keeping the list and playing is horrible and not so easy to do.

S

Sarnat

Well, sometimes the tank list is just LONG and doesn't move fast. I was list holder for the first time yesterday and the G1 tank list didnt move very fast. Especially after the group started working excelent (best malmo group so far for me I think) no one wanted to leave because exp was just too good.

I think I had ~15 people in G1 tank list and I only got 3 or so of them into group during the whole ~5h session. The list did move up but many people had logged or had not told their alts so I just removed them after few tries.

Also a whine: sucks if you dont let the listholder know that you are leaving! Grr!

T

tasslehoff

My time in malmo was quite nice, but then there were always some of my friends also getting there last lvls. So iam looking forward to malmo again =)

N

Nonnier

malmo as a BD was hellish, it was touch and go if u got in a grp, if there was a runey or SM you didn't stand a chance.

so i mainly went DF or larn lair hunting wolves, omg at that exp low 40s, in a grp of 4 :)

B

Bagloor

Originally posted by Trinilim
I've only had 1 nasty malmo experience.

Listkeeper was horrible. I won't say their name, but damn..

1. Went afk every 5 minutes.

2. Said nothing about anything in cg.

3. Didn't reply to sends.

4. Spoke horrible english (which might not be their fault, but still, don't take up LK job if you can't speak English well)

5. Typed slooooow.

6. Apparently forgot they were LK at times.

7. Thought the solution to losing people in G1 was to move people from G2 to G1 instead of looking for replacements. Ending, ofc, with 3-4 people in g2 with absolute crap xp.

Are you seriosly think someone take the job on free basis? Hell No, this task is forced upon you :p And do you really think someone will get away with "I don't type English so good please let me be excused" LMAO

And it's not the listholder that makes the groups, he just tell the other who is on it ffs!!

S

Sarnat

And it's not the listholder that makes the groups, he just tell the other who is on it ffs!!

You can make the groups if you want to =P I did so and it worked superb.

T

Trinilim

Are you seriosly think someone take the job on free basis? Hell No, this task is forced upon you :p And do you really think someone will get away with "I don't type English so good please let me be excused" LMAO

I volunteered for it the time I did it :p

and it's just annoying, not saying it's his fault

N

nobrot

Screw the lists, go US style!!!!, fast exp, insane chain pulling execs... and enough for everyone...

K

kyllandra

Originally posted by nobrot
Screw the lists, go US style!!!!, fast exp, insane chain pulling execs... and enough for everyone...

I TOTALLY AGREE with ya Nobrot, i did kozmoz my lvl 50 SM (GM of Evilution) in malmo with the us style, no more list, just come with a grp, get in the cg and pull away, mostly there are 2 pullers, and each grp looks after themselves, unless they need a rezz from another grp ;)

Anyway, its fun for all, and insane fast!
Sometimes we got pulls of 12-16 draks, and even then 3/4 of all the ppl survives :D

I sure hope 2 see the US style once again :)

D

dJyng

US style
Find a BD (Ogre) and do H-stones ;)
Get some endregen and pull Execs and Ruuuun just for the sport :)
Take named svartalf tour some nice salvage may turn up or pre 50 stuff

Be creative.. oh its malmo the exp for no effort??

L

luktar

i had a quite amusing time in malmö when i was there with my runie Kapten for 2 days.

as i was puller i choosed to pull 8 drakulvs/pull on normal 2grp :)

the other players thought it was fun to :))

D

Demrog

Malmo only sucks because of some of the people there - like this morning when selfish people made groups and invited friends but didnt bother making a list and ignored people stood in front of them...

Took over an hour to get a list sorted in the end

B

boomeruk

have you still not dinged 50 yet Demrog? ;D

I like having the malmo list, although at times it can be frustrating, and as long as the groups work together it can be very productive in terms of xp ;)

had it a few times where the group leaders decide to invite random people instead of waiting for the next person on the list.... who i promise a spot to .... that kinda did my head in.

D

Demrog

yeah that happened to me today too - after 6 hours or more of having the list i decided i'd had enough - and no im not 50 yet, 49.0 as of today, should hit 50 tomorrow :)

D

dJyng

FOOoools you are who not understand the might of US-style... listkeeping is a foul invention of mad kobolds just to screw up heads.

B

boomeruk

gah sorry, im not usually one for this but i gotta relieve some stress...

i joined a malmo list today nice and early... got told i was next SM up, so i made my way to malmo, and waited on hill.

2 mins later i got begged by 2 members of g2 to join there group which was lacking a sm, so knowing the xp and loot would be bad, i did it anyway to help them (instead of going to do something i actually enjoy) an hour later, the g1 sm dinged 50... woot, my spot all ready! well, maybe not. another 49 sm got my spot (friend? friends friend?, i dunno) so fair enough, i got told my spot "wont be long" i was getting 4-6mill per mob, which at 47 obviously isnt a lot, plus i got not loot, not unusual for g2, but i stayed anyway.... just to pbae for g2 members to get xp.

2 hours pass... still no spot in g1 heh

i kinda spat my dummy out and disbanded, then sat on the hill in a sulk.

i really dont understand some people in daoc, and i know its only a game, just sometimes i get so frustrated... wasted an entire night helping people which is great in itself (i got 4 ppl pm'ing me thanking me for staying for sol long) but to get shafted at the end of it? heh.... had to rant!

C

coolan

lol

well im a nice person so i wont give away the name of who im gonna mention but, he took the list for the first time the other night stuck himself in g2 and just sat there and did absolutly no tanking except for when we got wiped. Oh and hes posted on here so feel free to guess who it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom