Yesterday's RVR

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
It was a shame that Albs only became organised under Phos leading to the mass zerg on Bold...shame we didn't listen to Doxs when he told us to charge the door and everyone just stood there....ah well...

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I couldn't take part because my laptop blows and just couldn't cope with that many characters in such a confined space.

I did watch the /BG though, and it struck me that far too many people were spamming when they should just STFU and do as they were told. Phos had an impossible job at times TBH, and I am not surprised he gave up at the end just through the sheer stress and frustration of trying to co-ordinate people who wanted to do their own thing :(

virgomuse

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with the above two posts ..........my observations

Too many Albs trying to be chiefs and not enough indians. Was there when Dox was trying to lead BG and quite frankly Albs could have prevented relic takes if they had listened to him then...no wonder he got frustrated and said to heck with this, sounds like same situation happened later with Phos. Good plans were laid out but peeps didn't do what was planned ..........I suppose many have different reasons why they chose to do their own thing.

Maybe it was a swift wake up call for albs to pull the proverbial finger out and get the game plan back on track. If we don't want a repeat of this then perhaps we might all consider working together and getting the job done.

Have to say Mids carried out plan well so full kudos to them for that. From my perspective have to salute the organisation of the raid ....well done you guys.

Hibs taking advantage of Mid attacks, kudos again, if situation reversed we'd do the same no doubt LOL. Fact is Hibs came very close to taking relic at least once that I saw and I know because I was at that Relic keep at that precise time. Thank you for steamrolling me over hibs but ya gets that no hard feelings, one day might be able to return the gesture LOL

Had the same problems with going LD a couple of times in the middle of all the chaos when heaps of chars in one area and all hell breaking loose LOL.

anyway just my two pence worth see ya all later
Nydem

samildanach1

Fledgling Freddie
dont agree

Was on for most of the day in rvr,and i dont think for a moment that any plan any tactics or good leadership would have changed the out come of yesterday.
alb exc is now a underpopulated realm with none of the bonouses.
so now we are out numbered and out classed in abilities.
and also u got to compete with the hibgard alliance ,just pray alb cuz u aint going to win your time of dominace is over u the little fish in the big pond expect to get farmed alot

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
No Alb isn't outnumbered, they are still more ppl playing in Alb then Mid. But yesterday perhaps Mid had more ppl in the frontiers then Alb, that i do not know. What i know is that it was the most fun i had in DAoC since i came back from WoW.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
They never heard of /bg ldr Speak only Stops lot of Spam and only thing the BG can do then is listen to the BG ldrs.

LOL where is this So called Ldr Tappi that organised all you albs when NF came out and were bragging about you OH So Primetime RR All we saw was all the Praise and ass licking on FH Rofl.

Gratz Mids Well deserved Ardamel /respect m8 where it is deserved.

Soulja

virgomuse

Fledgling Freddie
samildanach1 said:
Was on for most of the day in rvr,and i dont think for a moment that any plan any tactics or good leadership would have changed the out come of yesterday.
alb exc is now a underpopulated realm with none of the bonouses.
so now we are out numbered and out classed in abilities.
and also u got to compete with the hibgard alliance ,just pray alb cuz u aint going to win your time of dominace is over u the little fish in the big pond expect to get farmed alot

I have to disagree with your observations. I think that if the plans were carried out, with the reasoning for actions already explained in BG chat we could have prevented the relic take and been able to push the Midgard advance back.

Albs being outnumbered.......... actually it was the other way around. There were more Albs in frontiers than Mids and Hibs for the whole time I was in RVR that day, which was quite a period of time. From the figures I saw being quoted, and how many Hibs Mids I saw with my own eyes, we outnumbered them by quite a bit. Had all the Albs that were there followed plans the outcome should have been different just by the sheer numbers. We outnumbered them not by just one or two but between 50 -100 so I don't believe Albs can claim to have been outnumbered. The Alb zerg was split into several parts many times and we paid the price for that.

As to outclassed ..............I'd have to say we were but perhaps not in the context you intend. We were outclassed in sheer leadership and organisation that much was blatantly obvious.

The hibgard alliance? ..........saw many Mid and Hib fights happening that day too. I didn't see much evidence of them working together per say on this day. I must admit though there were times when I thought damn Hibs why don't they go take a Mid keep whilst Mids are distracted?? LOL Can't blame them though for wanting to join in with the fun happening in Alb land or taking advantage of it LOL!

Having said my next 2 pence worth (again) I have to say it was still great fun despite feeling like bashing your head against a brick wall at times LOL

Nydem

sirius

Fledgling Freddie
oi

yep was a interresting day, been said before somewhere how many mids where in bg, so shouldt be a big secret, belive we where 130- 140 mids when we where most, and by ardamels nice leading around as always, we where able 2 confuse or whatever albs would call it 2 get em run around like hmm rabbits, by hitting unexspectet locations instead of going direct for relic, and mid relic well, where pretty camped so no chance there, he but personal i where hoping hibs would take advantage of it, sadley they where way 2 slow 2 gather up and go for relic while it where undefended. :touch:

polza

Loyal Freddie
untill late in day think just before mids went to eras/surs cant remember which was around 2fgs in BG. think around 80 where on ml1 (or area it started) and another 40 on ml8. when we did get everyone in rvr on the relic take and keep take we tryed only 40 where there most back on HW.

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
I'm almost positive that albs could've stopped us taking the relic. All it takes is a few good wipes of us and enough ppl get discouraged and log off, unfortunately for you, the other way around happended. It is extremely difficult to take command under such chaotic circumstances, for instance such an easy matter as getting all to charge at the same time. I've developed a technique for this which actually works very well, when I want a charge, I just dont say charge now go go go :) I do it like this:

Are ppl up for a charge using twf and static tempest? All r to charge say aye!
<insert massive Aye spam here>
Then I start a countdown from 30 secs. By then most ppl WILL ACTUALLY charge but .... after you of course :) So when I tell ppl to charge, I charge first and usually die first aswell but the charge is almost always successful due to ppl actually charging when told to :)

Secondly, when you know mids and hibs are taking towers and keeps in yer realm the safe approach is to prefer, that is to say, you set a rendezvous point where all ppl gather and you send out scouts to keep yourself updated on the whereabouts of mids and hibs, whenever hibs and mids make a move and attack a tower, you zerg them from behind :) Attacking a force that is attacking a tower or keep is almost always successful, simply becuz you have the element of surprise and the attackers need to fight both you and the NPC.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Ardamel said:
send out scouts to keep yourself updated on the whereabouts of mids and hibs .QUOTE]

But then they'd be missing out on thier oh so precious RP :p

As someone said before somewhere, Albs just dont seem to care enuf. I cared, i went out there , think i got 1 killspam all night but hey i tried.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The one thing I hated was the lag...

(My mate plays WOW and says there's no lag at all)

What servers are we playing on ? two cups connected by a bit of string ?

ggrr

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
(My mate plays WOW and says there's no lag at all)

thats bullshit tbh, when i was playing wow and the alliance zerg on my server were attacking various horde towns, i found the lag to be much worse than daoc at times. i also aint had any lag probs since i came back to daoc, even in the huge keeptaking zergs of the past few days (i upgraded to 1gb of ram recently and this seems to have helped me no end as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom