Yes or no?

Tempra

Fledgling Freddie
As we all know EA is in charge of mythic atm, personally i think EA is a bs company...

I been thinking some recently, what can the odds be that they close down Warhammer?

Some probably will think im a moron, perhaps im but they have done this alot of times before to other games. like UO2,UXO, just so they would not compete with UO ..list is actually quite long so long that it is scary:p

Now they have daoc also developed by mythic so can they hit the handbreak on WHO aswell?

yes yes we just guessing but thats fun aswell considering there background.

So question is do you think this can very well happend or ?

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
No fucking way. And that is putting it lightly.

They got WAR because they realize they don't have any foothold in the MMO market yet. And comparing the UO/UO2 situation to this is wrong on too many levels for me to count.

It was a completely different time, UO was still huge back then and EA had just released (or was about to release) one or two MMO's of their own (Space and Beyond or something?). And because the MMO market was small back then they didn't want UO 2 to 1. compete with UO1 and 2. compete with other EA games.

I could go on.

Just... no.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
EA want a moster MMO like WOW is, and WAR is there best chance at, so no I dont think they will close it down.

But DAOC is another matter altogether, once nummbers of subs hit a predefined lvl bam, were looking at sunset.(Sunset being what EA called server closure of Earth and Beyond).

Eble

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Tempra said:
As we all know EA is in charge of mythic atm, personally i think EA is a bs company...

I been thinking some recently, what can the odds be that they close down Warhammer?

Some probably will think im a moron, perhaps im but they have done this alot of times before to other games. like UO2,UXO, just so they would not compete with UO ..list is actually quite long so long that it is scary:p

Now they have daoc also developed by mythic so can they hit the handbreak on WHO aswell?

yes yes we just guessing but thats fun aswell considering there background.

So question is do you think this can very well happend or ?

Bottom line, Mythic, GW and EA want WAR to be a monster mmorpg, they cannot do this without a giant like EA. Well talked about, but all the signs point to Mythic retaining complete control over the game.

EA know there is a huge potential market for a game that can rival WoW, no way in hell will they pull the plug, if anyone does that it'll most likely be GW or Mythic themselves.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Pirkel said:
They got WAR because they realize they don't have any foothold in the MMO market yet.

UO was still huge back then and EA had just released (or was about to release) one or two MMO's of their own (Space and Beyond or something?).

slight contradiction?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Hawkwind said:
slight contradiction?
Not really. Where are those games today? What foothold does EA have in the MMO market at this moment? They own UO which was massive in it's time (nearly ten years ago) but is now largely a fan-driven niche game, it was also old even when UO bought it. Space and Beyond and Motor City Online (their previous forays into MMOs) are deader than a dead thing. WAR will be their flagship MMO product and the one that gives them a platform to compete with Vivendi on.

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Not really. Where are those games today? What foothold does EA have in the MMO market at this moment? They own UO which was massive in it's time (nearly ten years ago) but is now largely a fan-driven niche game, it was also old even when UO bought it. Space and Beyond and Motor City Online (their previous forays into MMOs) are deader than a dead thing. WAR will be their flagship MMO product and the one that gives them a platform to compete with Vivendi on.

It was called Earth and Beyond (i beta tested it closed and open) and it died a serious death because there wasn't enough of a player base and they pulled the plug on the servers, was a sad day because it was an awesome game, unfortunately it was too early for it's time and people were more interested in ground based games, if it was released at the same time as EVE it would have knocked EVE out of the sky.
UO believe it or not is still a hugely popular game, not as popular as it used to be but they still have alot of players and a very dedicated comunity. old players tend to come back for short periods to reminisce and take tiem out form their current main games.
But i do agree to keep themselves in the MMO market they need to bring out something new that competes with games like DAoC and WoW, WaR (if they work it right) will do this for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom