YES i got weapons lock !

M

mid_Efour

lol i got 1000gp again im so chuffed with my skills with a vanguard and 12 fps

dare i load daoc?

can i really be bothered with that crap again while my tank cools down??

they need to invent a telepathic device that lets u tell other players that the tower door you are shelling has 4 maxs behind it and its mostlikely certain death to open it.

G

Gewny

well you have to make a choice... can u resist it... ?

Its like trying to quit smoking :) I returned to DAOC and again I got stuck in it ...

M

mid_Efour

a good idea mate i have a br6 TR guy but its just not the same
not having 3 implants and a piddly choice of weapons.

also tried a magmower driver but ended up looking a n00b crashing into everything in sight even my gunner said " dude let me out "

G

Gekul

I have absolutely no urge to play DaoC again.

I was up to about 500-600 grief points at one point. Apart from the ones I killed who were stuck in a spawn, the majority of those points are from stupid people.
Running in to lines of fire or in front of tanks that have a 30 metre stopping distance is not particularly good for you. Until I get weapons lock (down to 20 grief atm so unlikely), my bullets or tank has right of way.

S

Spinky

If weapons lock occurs at 1000gp, how in the world do people manage to rack up 2/3000gp (or how ever many is the ban) if they can't shoot their weapons or drive faster than a turtle under a rock?

S

Sarum TheBlack

Being very determined :p

Weapons lock ceases before your GP has decayed. Also at 1K, one stray bullet nets you in the region of 100GP (or so I've heard, never been above about 40-50 myself, but then, I don't drive a tank or use explosive weaponry) so once you're up there you have to be very careful NOT to get higher.

M

mid_Efour

yep 1000 is pretty easy ive never realy recovered from my THumper/lag/plasma nade incident + i play alot, too much infact.

but to get 3000 etc you must really really have to be trying hard.

F

Faeldawn

Theory is that you have to be deliberately griefing constantly for a long period of time to hit 3k.

According to the devs the only way to hit a ban is the player has to WANT to get banned, and be actively trying to achieve it.

I know of one guy who has hit almost 2k, never heard of anyone getting the ban tho.

Users who are viewing this thread